Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: If the 2013 draftees step up?

Default If the 2013 draftees step up?

I find myself reading this board and it seems to be in such a panic. Rightfully so maybe, we got destroyed in the first off-season phase of free agency. We do have some holes primarily in depth some with more immediate needs. However if fisher, Kelce, commings, Cooper, Catapano if these guys can step up and some contribute some start and do well. How much stress does that relieve surrounding this team?

Personally I think this team is not in bad shape and you have to love the freedom and flexibility we have with our first round pick. Ya we are limited with our number of picks but the potential to land any number of players at 23 or lower if we can trade back who can immediately contribute is crazy and at the end of the day that's all you can ask for.

Bottum line we have to trust what Dorsey and Reid are doing and assume they have a plan until they prove otherwise. I'm excited for draft day because I have absolutely zero idea what te chiefs will do. However all the people that could be available I dot see very many that the chiefs could take and I would be upset because they could all contribute. It's gumna be exciting and I can't wait to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I will ask again if he ran them into the ground why did they go to the playoffs so quickly. Shouldn't they just be starting there rebuilding?

I am not most Chiefs fans. Was I calling out Romeo in 2012 YEP. I was. But while so many were pointing to the offense I was the one sitting here saying the defense wasn't much better. I have been saying since the end of this season that our defense is SOFT. It wasn't just go get a new QB and coach and you can start to win. Reid is a part of that. Now will Reid lead the team to the super bowl I don't know. I don't know that he can't I just know what I saw he took a 2-14 team to the playoffs the next year. There's nothing to about with Reid at this point in time. When there is you bet I will just like I did with Romeo. I just haven't seen anything to be upset with Reid after year 1. Year 2 could be a different story.

And I will again agree it was time for a change in Philly. But running them into the ground is a very large overstatment.

If you want to talk about reality then you would know that it's reality that very few rookies come in and play like all pros on day 1. That's reality. NFL players have take time to grow into the players they will be more often then not.

And what do you expect from Davis being Charle's backup him to be getting 20 carries running for 1,000 yards? Charles didn't do much his rookie year either man what a bust he was right? Patience yes have some. There's a difference in having patience and saying you have the next great thing. I'm not saying we have the great thing I'm just saying how about showing the slightest sign of patience before jumping all over a draft class.

And I for one thought Carr was overrated. I still think that. I mean it's not like he's doing much in Dallas.
    Also take into account, with Reid's offense, it was 60% pass 40% run. Charles didn't have a lot of opportunities to begin with, just made the most of what he got. Which meant even less for Kniles Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    As for Crennel, it was easy for everyone to “call him out” at the end of a 2 win season. What was your opinion after 2011? Did you want him as HC? I didn’t because he was a bum and was told I was wrong. Just like I didn’t want Herman Edwards and was told I was wrong.

A lot of people were uneasy with the Crennel signing before the 2012 started. But at that time a lot of coaches wouldn't interview with the Chiefs because of Pioli. And yeah, when a coach goes on TV saying he's going to make a player stand by him as punishment for fumbling, it makes it really easy to call him out.

As you can tell I didn’t want Reid either. He’s better than the aforementioned. I’m of the opinion that proven coaches are just that. Reid is B grade and will not get better. He will get KC to a respectable level quickly and taper off, just like he did in Philly. Hopefully mgmt recognizes when that happens and pulls the plug and hands the ball to someone to get this team over the top.

I’d hire 100 Todd Haleys groping to get the next Bill Belichek before ever hiring a proven Andy Reid.

Drugs. Are. Bad.
    D
    Fair enough. Kniles Davis is of no concern to me anyway. I just called you out for overvaluing his performance. This team is sunk if Charles is lost, because his talent cannot be replaced by anyone.

Going by what I saw in the high-scoring playoff game against Indy, I'd have to disagree. The fans hearts sank when JC got yanked. But that offense, Davis included, didn't give up.

As for Carr, his career has far exceeded the reasonable expectations of his draft status. It’s rare. That’s the point. When people start thinking that you can move a bunch of third day draftees, UDFA, and waiver wire garbage into several key spots on the team and not feel pain, well, they just aren’t being realistic.

Unfortunately, as per your assertion, the Chiefs have funneled themselves into a very tough 2014 campaign. They are reliant on having 2-3 rookies step immediately into key roles impatiently since the talent on this team has diminished since last year. I hope it works out.
    Such negativity...Guess we should all just pack up, go home & become soccer fans? Forget it.

Again, ask an Eagles fan. Review the downward slide at the end of his time there. Facts are facts.
    Facts are facts. But opinions are not facts. And the opinions of Eagles fans should be viewed differently.:fan_wave2:

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Facts are facts. But opinions are not facts. And the opinions of Eagles fans should be viewed differently.
    The obvious question is, what for does one care about what happened with Reid in Philly? It's what happens in KC that counts, now.

I had said last year about Alex Smith that I didn't care about what happened with Smith in SF, because it's what Alex does in KC that counts, now.

And both Reid and Smith have gotten off to a respectable start in KC.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Such negativity...Guess we should all just pack up, go home & become soccer fans? Forget it.
    I guess we should

I'm still waiting for someone anyone to tell me what exactly we lost that was just so great. We let some nice players go but no all stars. We brought in guys who while they won't be all stars they won't be asked to be. And we STILL HAVE THE DRAFT to get better. The rookies from last year should progress some. I don't see anything to be so upset about with this team. And this is the offseasons we are going to have to get use to. I've said before Dorsey as a gm will either be a success of a failure by how he drafts.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I guess we should

I'm still waiting for someone anyone to tell me what exactly we lost that was just so great. We let some nice players go but no all stars. We brought in guys who while they won't be all stars they won't be asked to be. And we STILL HAVE THE DRAFT to get better. The rookies from last year should progress some. I don't see anything to be so upset about with this team. And this is the offseasons we are going to have to get use to. I've said before Dorsey as a gm will either be a success of a failure by how he drafts.

Re-quoted for truth. Talent-wise I thought the best two we lost were McCluster and Schwartz. But even with that in mind it's not like the sky is falling, and in 2015 we'll get at least 3 or 4 extra draft picks (Good excuse to rebuild the secondary...). It's real easy to look over at Denver, who's spending money hand over fist to "win now", and get envious because we can only spend pennies in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    there is fantasy football with OL and Defensive Players?
    E.B.? In Fantasy Football Berry DID score many points last seasons for the chiefs defense last season. He's a solid safety. Not the best, but certainly nowhere near the worst!

Atleast in the year we need multiple players to provide quality playing time through the draft it was this year. There will be quality talent on into the undrafted phase of the draft. We can find quality talent and lots of it this year. That's a bright side.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    It reality, not negativity. We'll see. If you're going to base your opinion off of one game where the Indy offense was a first half turnover machine, so be it. I suppose you call that "optimism." I call it irrational. Enjoy the kool-aid.

Yes, drugs are bad. However, you may need some before the Reid regime ends. Before you scoff, name the coaches who have won Super Bowls in their second stints as HC. Then from that list point out the ones (one?) who did it after being in the league 10+ years. I sure you believe it's statistical "voodoo mumbo jumbo." Coaches get stale.

History/Odds are highly against Andy Reid winning a SB in KC. You may not care what Reid did in Philly, but as history as shown, if you choose to ignore it, you are bound to repeat it.
    ...in my opinion

........ Before you scoff, name the coaches who have won Super Bowls in their second stints as HC. .......
    Don Shula
    Dick Vermeil
    Tom Coughlin
    Jon Gruden
    Pete Carroll
    Bill Belichick
    Tony Dungy

Not sure what having 10+ years has to do with anything.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast