Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: If the 2013 draftees step up?

Default If the 2013 draftees step up?

I find myself reading this board and it seems to be in such a panic. Rightfully so maybe, we got destroyed in the first off-season phase of free agency. We do have some holes primarily in depth some with more immediate needs. However if fisher, Kelce, commings, Cooper, Catapano if these guys can step up and some contribute some start and do well. How much stress does that relieve surrounding this team?

Personally I think this team is not in bad shape and you have to love the freedom and flexibility we have with our first round pick. Ya we are limited with our number of picks but the potential to land any number of players at 23 or lower if we can trade back who can immediately contribute is crazy and at the end of the day that's all you can ask for.

Bottum line we have to trust what Dorsey and Reid are doing and assume they have a plan until they prove otherwise. I'm excited for draft day because I have absolutely zero idea what te chiefs will do. However all the people that could be available I dot see very many that the chiefs could take and I would be upset because they could all contribute. It's gumna be exciting and I can't wait to see what happens.

I think with the cap space that letting Flowers go creates, the potential of drafting a corner early is very very high. I wouldn't be surprised at all if by some chance at 23 Dennard is the choice over a receiver or a lineman. I know it's not likely Dennard is still there but stranger things have happened.

I remember the sick feeling I had in my stomach when I learned Dale Carter had signed with Broncos. Neil Smith was similar but he was near the end of his career. At the time Carter was near the top of his game. He did nothing in DEN though.
    ...in my opinion

Well get WR lee 1st rd. Basentinel safety in 5th. Corner in 3rd if don't trade up to 2nd rd to get one. Were screwed for atleast 2 years. Owner ship and managed t fi r this team sucks!!

I don't really see how you can say that management sucks. Yeah, we are in a hole for draft picks and cap space, but a lot of that is Pioli, and with the trade for Alex Smith it's also the price we are paying for last seasons turnaround. I mean come on...be real....Dorsey and Reid have been running the show for 1 year and we went from 2-14 to 11-6 and came closer to winning a playoff game than we have in 20 years. Just how much did you expect Reid and Dorsey to accomplish in 1 year?

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I don't really see how you can say that management sucks. Yeah, we are in a hole for draft picks and cap space, but a lot of that is Pioli, and with the trade for Alex Smith it's also the price we are paying for last seasons turnaround. I mean come on...be real....Dorsey and Reid have been running the show for 1 year and we went from 2-14 to 11-6 and came closer to winning a playoff game than we have in 20 years. Just how much did you expect Reid and Dorsey to accomplish in 1 year?
    Plus, let us not forget Pioli's "Alvin and the Chipmunks" 2010 draft that did almost nothing to improve this team and just about every one of those picks has washed out completely, with only Alvin, er I mean Berry, the only one left and his departure is lurking on the horizon.

Exactly. Criticizing Reid and Dorsey at this point is just not reasonable. Teams that get a new GM and new coach traditionally get "blown up". Reid and Dorsey have not done that. They got us a fun year and now they are getting down to the hard work....trying to make us a real competitor. There will be some bumps on the road, probably this year. But I like where the management and coaching is taking this team.

Exactly. Criticizing Reid and Dorsey at this point is just not reasonable. Teams that get a new GM and new coach traditionally get "blown up". Reid and Dorsey have not done that. They got us a fun year and now they are getting down to the hard work....trying to make us a real competitor. There will be some bumps on the road, probably this year. But I like where the management and coaching is taking this team.
    Agree 100%

In the one year that Reid and Dorsey have been with the Chiefs they took a 2-14 football team to the playoffs. You can say that the team was better then 2 wins in 2012 all you want. The bottom line is they won 2 football games and lost 14 in 2012. So Dorsey and Reid did something better then Pioli and Romeo.So right now the worst thing you can honestly say is Nice start.

Is it to soon to crown them the kings yep. There's still more work to do. But so far they are off to a great start. The Cap situation to me isn't a big factor at all. As I've said what will decided Dorsey's fate is if he drafts well. He's just not going to bring in a ton of free agents. That's just what some are going to have to get use to. It's how he learned to do things in Green Bay. It's how he has said he's going to do things in KC. But if he's going to go that route he's going to have to be very good at drafting. It's that simple for him.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

YUP! Dorsey thinks he can build a team through the draft. And Reid thinks he can coach players to their maximum potential. Maybe they can and maybe they can't. But as far as I am concerned they have earned a few years to prove it. They accomplished a lot in year 1.

And I will say it right here right now......I like Andy Reid. I think he is a great coach and i think he is going to get us out of the hell we Chiefs fans have been living in for 20 years.

Super Bowl? Maybe. But i am so beat up that right now all I want is that playoff win. Then we can talk Super Bowl.

YUP! Dorsey thinks he can build a team through the draft. And Reid thinks he can coach players to their maximum potential. Maybe they can and maybe they can't. But as far as I am concerned they have earned a few years to prove it. They accomplished a lot in year 1.

And I will say it right here right now......I like Andy Reid. I think he is a great coach and i think he is going to get us out of the hell we Chiefs fans have been living in for 20 years.

Super Bowl? Maybe. But i am so beat up that right now all I want is that playoff win. Then we can talk Super Bowl.
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Agree 100%

In the one year that Reid and Dorsey have been with the Chiefs they took a 2-14 football team to the playoffs. You can say that the team was better then 2 wins in 2012 all you want. The bottom line is they won 2 football games and lost 14 in 2012. So Dorsey and Reid did something better then Pioli and Romeo.So right now the worst thing you can honestly say is Nice start.

Is it to soon to crown them the kings yep. There's still more work to do. But so far they are off to a great start. The Cap situation to me isn't a big factor at all. As I've said what will decided Dorsey's fate is if he drafts well. He's just not going to bring in a ton of free agents. That's just what some are going to have to get use to. It's how he learned to do things in Green Bay. It's how he has said he's going to do things in KC. But if he's going to go that route he's going to have to be very good at drafting. It's that simple for him.
    THIS and THIS. Can't wait for the draft. Dorsey's going to be under the microscope, but so be it.

Dorsey will not spend big money in FA, but he's already shown that he'll get solid FA's at reasonable costs, but he wants to get his core players through the draft, same as they've done in GB and Seattle. The Bowe situation was one where I believe they were over a barrel somewhat because the Chiefs just didn't have anybody else & I believe they suspected Baldwin wasn't going to pan out.