Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Preseason games

Default Preseason games

Adam Teicher@adamteicher 4m
    #Chiefs preseason opponents announced. Games vs. Cincinnati and Minnesota at Arrowhead, Green Bay and Carolina on road.

The Panthers game is a National tv game Football isnt all that afar away :)
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

As a football fan, the Chiefs in particular, I cannot wait even for preseason as one of many going through football withdrawal.

I'll watch the panters game about a quarter or so...... never been a big pre season game fans. It's even worse for season ticket holders who have to buy those tickets at full price.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    I'll watch the panters game about a quarter or so...... never been a big pre season game fans. It's even worse for season ticket holders who have to buy those tickets at full price.
    True, the most relevant part of preseason is in the first half of the games, but I also like watching the hopefuls in the second half trying to make the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    True, the most relevant part of preseason is in the first half of the games, but I also like watching the hopefuls in the second half trying to make the team.
    +1. The fun part of preseason for me is seeing the younger ones get out there and compete for roster spots. Also looking forward to seeing if Tyler Bray steps up and wrestles the No.2 spot from Chase Daniels.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    looking forward to seeing if Tyler Bray steps up and wrestles the No.2 spot from Chase Daniels.
    IMO that is perhaps the most important part of preseason. Do we have our long-term replacement for Alex Smith "in house" or are we still looking for him? Are we eventually going need to burn a draft pick for this or did we get him as a UDFA? Chase Daniels is a backup QB and IMO a decent one. But he is not the long term replacement for Alex Smith. And we really NEED one. We are going to be a VERY YOUNG team 3 years from now and Alex Smith is going to be 33 then. IMO it is very important that we be thinking NOW about who is going to be leading our Chiefs along about 2017. It would be a HUGE WIN if that turned out to be Tyler Bray at then age 26 at the start of the 2017 season. If Bray is "the guy" then we are secure at QB for close on to the next 10 years.

I know this sounds a little "futuristic", but we just paid 2 2cond round picks for Alex Smith. How cool would it be if his long term replacement came to us us as a UDFA in 2013?
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 04-10-2014 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    IMO that is perhaps the most important part of preseason. Do we have our long-term replacement for Alex Smith "in house" or are we still looking for him? Are we eventually going need to burn a draft pick for this or did we get him as a UDFA? Chase Daniels is a backup QB and IMO a decent one. But he is not the long term replacement for Alex Smith. And we really NEED one. We are going to be a VERY YOUNG team 3 years from now and Alex Smith is going to be 33 then. IMO it is very important that we be thinking NOW about who is going to be leading our Chiefs along about 2017. It would be a HUGE WIN if that turned out to be Tyler Bray at then age 26 at the start of the 2017 season. If Bray is "the guy" then we are secure at QB for close on to the next 10 years.

I know this sounds a little "futuristic", but we just paid 2 2cond round picks for Alex Smith. How cool would it be if his long term replacement came to us us as a UDFA in 2013?
    I was thinking the same thought. Bray was rated as a possible 2nd rounder by many pundits going into the 2013 draft. If Bray pans out ( and he certainly has the tools ) than in my judgement, he is essentially that 2nd round pick in 2013 that was traded for Alex and realistically they get it back if Bray turns out to be the QBOTF. And with Andy Reid as his HC, I wouldn't bet against it.

Can't wait to see Bray get on the field in the preseason. He looked good in the preseason final last year.

What this is absurd? Where is St. Louis? What will happen to the annual Governors Cup? I know we play them in the regular season but they better be back on the schedule next year for this very important Rivalry.

I never did understand why we played people in pre-seaon that was on our regular schedule. Looks like they are changing that.

I get pumped for the preseason because it means it's almost time for the real season to start. And Preseason football>no football
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    What this is absurd? Where is St. Louis? What will happen to the annual Governors Cup? I know we play them in the regular season but they better be back on the schedule next year for this very important Rivalry.
    That's funny, right there. I don't care who you are!

The good news is that this year the game against the Rams will actually count!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast