Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 231

Thread: One more why not try Croyle thread.

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO
    Posts
    2,417
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default One more why not try Croyle thread.


    0 Not allowed!
    I am posting this in the locker room, partially because it is not really Chiefs chat, although it kinda is.

    I am catching some static, for calling for Huard to sit and to bring in Croyle. So I thought I would put up some stats to back up my contention that Huard isn't doing that great.

    In the game between KC and Oakland. KC Won yes good job guys way to get it done.
    now the numbers.

    Huard 16 of 31 177 Yards 0 Touchdowns. That is barely 50 percent.
    Culpepper 18 of 29 228 Yards 1 TD
    Culpepper won in every stat against Huard this week.

    But that was one game. Or was it.

    Huard 24th in Passer Rating at 79.8 this is probably before the Oakland Game also which may have brought this down. In passer rating he is behind other QBs such as Joey Harrington, Jay Cutler, Dante Culpepper, Chad Pennington, and Jon Kitna to name a few.

    Completion percentage he is faring a little better, He is at 64.2 Percent. This is 15th in the league, still only average. Again behind Pennington, who NY fans are calling for his head big time.

    Not bad in Yards, 11th, at 1470 yards, but this is with 8th in Attempts, 14 attempts behind Tom Brady, and well we all know what kind of a year he is having. His yardage is 2125 But again he is on a tear and I wouldnt expect anyone to match him at the moment.

    Yards per catch is 6.8 this is 23rd, I don't know that I hold this against Huard as much as I hold it against whoever is calling the plays.

    Yards per game Huard 20th

    OK all the Huard fanboys are talking about You cant throw interceptions. In this category lets see where. Ol Damon Lands, oooooh he is tied for 6th most interceptions in the NFL, and again that may have been before the Oakland Game where he didn't throw any, so he might have allowed a few people to pass him in INTs. BTW this is more Int's then Harrington who was benched.

    Huard is tied for 4th in the number of times sacked, at 18. I dont know whether to say this is because of the line or if it is because he is not mobile enough.

    Now these numbers are after last year Huard had a second best in the NFL passer rating of 98. He clearly isn't playing as good this year. Ohhh and BTW I was calling for Trent Green (Who I have a ton of respect for and think the world of) to sit last year and let Huard continue.

    2006 Huard 11 TDs 1 INT
    2007 Huard 6 TDs 7 INT

    I have been defending myself on why I want to see Croyle all year, I have said game in and game out Huard isn't getting it done. I have been flamed time and time again for my opinion and called a Huard Hater. I am sorry you made me do this.

    But it is time for the end of the Huard Era and time for the Croyle Era to begin.

    Your Witness.




  2. #2
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,091
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    But, but, but.....

    He...
    gives us...
    the best chance to win. COUGH
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO
    Posts
    2,417
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    But, but, but.....

    He...
    gives us...
    the best chance to win. COUGH


    I think I just pee'd a little




  4. #4
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,091
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Huard is serviceable. I think the offense is no worse off with Croyle and could potentially improve because of the unknown factor.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO
    Posts
    2,417
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    And if you would like to flame, I noticed one error in my post, Today Huard did throw an INT. I put that he didn't because I was looking at the TD column. This is my error. If any more are found please feel free to call them out. I have no problems admitting when I am wrong.




  6. #6
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO
    Posts
    2,417
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Huard is serviceable. I think the offense is no worse off with Croyle and could potentially improve because of the unknown factor.
    Agreed 100%




  7. #7
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    And if you would like to flame, I noticed one error in my post, Today Huard did throw an INT. I put that he didn't because I was looking at the TD column. This is my error. If any more are found please feel free to call them out. I have no problems admitting when I am wrong.
    This one is humble.

    He is learning the way of the Light side early.

    Rep added!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,841
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    I am posting this in the locker room, partially because it is not really Chiefs chat, although it kinda is.

    I am catching some static, for calling for Huard to sit and to bring in Croyle. So I thought I would put up some stats to back up my contention that Huard isn't doing that great.

    In the game between KC and Oakland. KC Won yes good job guys way to get it done.
    now the numbers.

    Huard 16 of 31 177 Yards 0 Touchdowns. That is barely 50 percent.
    Culpepper 18 of 29 228 Yards 1 TD
    Culpepper won in every stat against Huard this week.

    But that was one game. Or was it.

    Huard 24th in Passer Rating at 79.8 this is probably before the Oakland Game also which may have brought this down. In passer rating he is behind other QBs such as Joey Harrington, Jay Cutler, Dante Culpepper, Chad Pennington, and Jon Kitna to name a few.

    Completion percentage he is faring a little better, He is at 64.2 Percent. This is 15th in the league, still only average. Again behind Pennington, who NY fans are calling for his head big time.

    Not bad in Yards, 11th, at 1470 yards, but this is with 8th in Attempts, 14 attempts behind Tom Brady, and well we all know what kind of a year he is having. His yardage is 2125 But again he is on a tear and I wouldnt expect anyone to match him at the moment.

    Yards per catch is 6.8 this is 23rd, I don't know that I hold this against Huard as much as I hold it against whoever is calling the plays.

    Yards per game Huard 20th

    OK all the Huard fanboys are talking about You cant throw interceptions. In this category lets see where. Ol Damon Lands, oooooh he is tied for 6th most interceptions in the NFL, and again that may have been before the Oakland Game where he didn't throw any, so he might have allowed a few people to pass him in INTs. BTW this is more Int's then Harrington who was benched.

    Huard is tied for 4th in the number of times sacked, at 18. I dont know whether to say this is because of the line or if it is because he is not mobile enough.

    Now these numbers are after last year Huard had a second best in the NFL passer rating of 98. He clearly isn't playing as good this year. Ohhh and BTW I was calling for Trent Green (Who I have a ton of respect for and think the world of) to sit last year and let Huard continue.

    2006 Huard 11 TDs 1 INT
    2007 Huard 6 TDs 7 INT

    I have been defending myself on why I want to see Croyle all year, I have said game in and game out Huard isn't getting it done. I have been flamed time and time again for my opinion and called a Huard Hater. I am sorry you made me do this.

    But it is time for the end of the Huard Era and time for the Croyle Era to begin.

    Your Witness.
    Great post, rep added...however to be the devils advocate (and because I need to earn back some Arrowcash)...

    1) Pennington's head is on a platter more for throwing INTs than his completion percentage or passer rating. Huard isn't making plays, but as I understand from what I've heard your coaches state, he's in there to "not make mistakes" not because he's the better playmaker. However as you'll see in my next point he's actually made some mistakes this year.

    2) Completion percentage (before today is 66.3% compared to last years 60.7%) Huard is completing more passes, for more yards (215.5 per game is up from 187.8 per game), and at least as many TDs (around 1 per game last year and around 1 per game this year.) The problem is last year he threw 3 INTs in 10 games and already has 7 in 7 games this year.

    3) Looking at Huards INTs for a moment, 3 came in the first 2 weeks when the offense was clearly lost on the field, not just him, but everyone was lost, and the running game was non-existent.

    I do think that KC will stick with Huard for the remainder of this season. They're in 1st place, (congrats all by the way) and the only logic for replacing him is that the kid "might" be better. Yeah he has a better arm, but his decision making is questionable. Frankly that would be a move similar to the one Shanahan made last year replacing Plummer for Cutler and just handing away the chance at the playoffs early in the season. The difference here is your veteran is winning, no reason to change at this time.

    Finally regarding the argument of QBs that are beating Huard in the stats game. Umm the best example of who cares is Carson Palmer and his 2-4 Bengals. Carson is a stud at QB, but the team isn't WINNING...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

    Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Great post, rep added...however to be the devils advocate (and because I need to earn back some Arrowcash)...

    1) Pennington's head is on a platter more for throwing INTs than his completion percentage or passer rating. Huard isn't making plays, but as I understand from what I've heard your coaches state, he's in there to "not make mistakes" not because he's the better playmaker. However as you'll see in my next point he's actually made some mistakes this year.

    2) Completion percentage (before today is 66.3% compared to last years 60.7%) Huard is completing more passes, for more yards (215.5 per game is up from 187.8 per game), and at least as many TDs (around 1 per game last year and around 1 per game this year.) The problem is last year he threw 3 INTs in 10 games and already has 7 in 7 games this year.

    3) Looking at Huards INTs for a moment, 3 came in the first 2 weeks when the offense was clearly lost on the field, not just him, but everyone was lost, and the running game was non-existent.

    I do think that KC will stick with Huard for the remainder of this season. They're in 1st place, (congrats all by the way) and the only logic for replacing him is that the kid "might" be better. Yeah he has a better arm, but his decision making is questionable. Frankly that would be a move similar to the one Shanahan made last year replacing Plummer for Cutler and just handing away the chance at the playoffs early in the season. The difference here is your veteran is winning, no reason to change at this time.

    Finally regarding the argument of QBs that are beating Huard in the stats game. Umm the best example of who cares is Carson Palmer and his 2-4 Bengals. Carson is a stud at QB, but the team isn't WINNING...
    Why you gotta be so factual and stuff?

    Takes the fun out of the argument!

    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO
    Posts
    2,417
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Great post, rep added...however to be the devils advocate (and because I need to earn back some Arrowcash)...

    1) Pennington's head is on a platter more for throwing INTs than his completion percentage or passer rating. Huard isn't making plays, but as I understand from what I've heard your coaches state, he's in there to "not make mistakes" not because he's the better playmaker. However as you'll see in my next point he's actually made some mistakes this year.

    2) Completion percentage (before today is 66.3% compared to last years 60.7%) Huard is completing more passes, for more yards (215.5 per game is up from 187.8 per game), and at least as many TDs (around 1 per game last year and around 1 per game this year.) The problem is last year he threw 3 INTs in 10 games and already has 7 in 7 games this year.

    3) Looking at Huards INTs for a moment, 3 came in the first 2 weeks when the offense was clearly lost on the field, not just him, but everyone was lost, and the running game was non-existent.

    I do think that KC will stick with Huard for the remainder of this season. They're in 1st place, (congrats all by the way) and the only logic for replacing him is that the kid "might" be better. Yeah he has a better arm, but his decision making is questionable. Frankly that would be a move similar to the one Shanahan made last year replacing Plummer for Cutler and just handing away the chance at the playoffs early in the season. The difference here is your veteran is winning, no reason to change at this time.

    Finally regarding the argument of QBs that are beating Huard in the stats game. Umm the best example of who cares is Carson Palmer and his 2-4 Bengals. Carson is a stud at QB, but the team isn't WINNING...
    Good valid points,

    on Pennington, he was tied with Huard in INTS, and on Huard being in to NOT make mistakes, he is making some, other times he is making great decisions. Don't know who's decision it is to pass so much to Webb, Wilson, and Parker but those can't be considered good decisions. If it is just going with who you feel comfortable with then we need to trade Huard, (Humor laugh at this one) (sarcasm sign).

    I agree that the coaches will prolly stick with Huard for a while, I don't know about all year, and I slightly understand the don't pull him if we are winning thing, I also am sure there are a lot of things that the coaches see that we don't, leading to not putting in Croyle.

    On the Carson Palmer thing, I would agree Carson is a stud, and they aren't winning, part of that is they aren't playing as a team, The QB controversy isn't an issue in Cincy regardless because he is the QBOTF, and In KC the Chiefs are winning but not because of the QB, they are playing semi like a team, with non team spurts and jumping up to help when a player struggles, such as Damon Huard.

    Thanks for the thanks on winning, and thanks for the opposing opinions they are all very valid.

    Have a great nite.




Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •