Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: One more why not try Croyle thread.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Default One more why not try Croyle thread.

I am posting this in the locker room, partially because it is not really Chiefs chat, although it kinda is.

I am catching some static, for calling for Huard to sit and to bring in Croyle. So I thought I would put up some stats to back up my contention that Huard isn't doing that great.

In the game between KC and Oakland. KC Won yes good job guys way to get it done.
    now the numbers.

Huard 16 of 31 177 Yards 0 Touchdowns. That is barely 50 percent.
    Culpepper 18 of 29 228 Yards 1 TD
    Culpepper won in every stat against Huard this week.

But that was one game. Or was it.

Huard 24th in Passer Rating at 79.8 this is probably before the Oakland Game also which may have brought this down. In passer rating he is behind other QBs such as Joey Harrington, Jay Cutler, Dante Culpepper, Chad Pennington, and Jon Kitna to name a few.

Completion percentage he is faring a little better, He is at 64.2 Percent. This is 15th in the league, still only average. Again behind Pennington, who NY fans are calling for his head big time.

Not bad in Yards, 11th, at 1470 yards, but this is with 8th in Attempts, 14 attempts behind Tom Brady, and well we all know what kind of a year he is having. His yardage is 2125 But again he is on a tear and I wouldnt expect anyone to match him at the moment.

Yards per catch is 6.8 this is 23rd, I don't know that I hold this against Huard as much as I hold it against whoever is calling the plays.

Yards per game Huard 20th

OK all the Huard fanboys are talking about You cant throw interceptions. In this category lets see where. Ol Damon Lands, oooooh he is tied for 6th most interceptions in the NFL, and again that may have been before the Oakland Game where he didn't throw any, so he might have allowed a few people to pass him in INTs. BTW this is more Int's then Harrington who was benched.

Huard is tied for 4th in the number of times sacked, at 18. I dont know whether to say this is because of the line or if it is because he is not mobile enough.

Now these numbers are after last year Huard had a second best in the NFL passer rating of 98. He clearly isn't playing as good this year. Ohhh and BTW I was calling for Trent Green (Who I have a ton of respect for and think the world of) to sit last year and let Huard continue.

2006 Huard 11 TDs 1 INT
    2007 Huard 6 TDs 7 INT

I have been defending myself on why I want to see Croyle all year, I have said game in and game out Huard isn't getting it done. I have been flamed time and time again for my opinion and called a Huard Hater. I am sorry you made me do this.

But it is time for the end of the Huard Era and time for the Croyle Era to begin.

Your Witness.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    Good valid points,

on Pennington, he was tied with Huard in INTS, and on Huard being in to NOT make mistakes, he is making some, other times he is making great decisions. Don't know who's decision it is to pass so much to Webb, Wilson, and Parker but those can't be considered good decisions. If it is just going with who you feel comfortable with then we need to trade Huard, (Humor laugh at this one) (sarcasm sign).

I agree that the coaches will prolly stick with Huard for a while, I don't know about all year, and I slightly understand the don't pull him if we are winning thing, I also am sure there are a lot of things that the coaches see that we don't, leading to not putting in Croyle.

On the Carson Palmer thing, I would agree Carson is a stud, and they aren't winning, part of that is they aren't playing as a team, The QB controversy isn't an issue in Cincy regardless because he is the QBOTF, and In KC the Chiefs are winning but not because of the QB, they are playing semi like a team, with non team spurts and jumping up to help when a player struggles, such as Damon Huard.

Thanks for the thanks on winning, and thanks for the opposing opinions they are all very valid.

Have a great nite.
    The Chiefs are winning because of their defense.

Haven't seen it seen it since the 90's but am happy to now.

I think what everyone is saying is "Take advantage of this defense with a potent offense, and we will win the Super Bowl!"

If I am wrong then please post against me, but I doubt you will!

Last edited by hermhater; 10-22-2007 at 01:26 AM.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    The Chiefs are winning because of their defense.

Haven't seen it seen the 90's but am happy to now.

I think what everyone is saying is "Take advantage of this defense with a potent offense, and we will win the Super Bowl!"

If I am wrong then please post against me, but I doubt you will!

this is Carl you are talking about. He refuses to give us both.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

I am posting this in the locker room, partially because it is not really Chiefs chat, although it kinda is.

I am catching some static, for calling for Huard to sit and to bring in Croyle. So I thought I would put up some stats to back up my contention that Huard isn't doing that great.

In the game between KC and Oakland. KC Won yes good job guys way to get it done.
    now the numbers.

Huard 24th in Passer Rating at 79.8 this is probably before the Oakland Game also which may have brought this down. In passer rating he is behind other QBs such as Joey Harrington, Jay Cutler, Dante Culpepper, Chad Pennington, and Jon Kitna to name a few.

Completion percentage he is faring a little better, He is at 64.2 Percent. This is 15th in the league, still only average. Again behind Pennington, who NY fans are calling for his head big time.

Not bad in Yards, 11th, at 1470 yards, but this is with 8th in Attempts, 14 attempts behind Tom Brady, and well we all know what kind of a year he is having. His yardage is 2125 But again he is on a tear and I wouldnt expect anyone to match him at the moment.

Yards per catch is 6.8 this is 23rd, I don't know that I hold this against Huard as much as I hold it against whoever is calling the plays.

OK all the Huard fanboys are talking about You cant throw interceptions. In this category lets see where. Ol Damon Lands, oooooh he is tied for 6th most interceptions in the NFL, and again that may have been before the Oakland Game where he didn't throw any, so he might have allowed a few people to pass him in INTs. BTW this is more Int's then Harrington who was benched.

Huard is tied for 4th in the number of times sacked, at 18. I dont know whether to say this is because of the line or if it is because he is not mobile enough.

Now these numbers are after last year Huard had a second best in the NFL passer rating of 98. He clearly isn't playing as good this year. Ohhh and BTW I was calling for Trent Green (Who I have a ton of respect for and think the world of) to sit last year and let Huard continue.

2006 Huard 11 TDs 1 INT
    2007 Huard 6 TDs 7 INT

I have been defending myself on why I want to see Croyle all year, I have said game in and game out Huard isn't getting it done. I have been flamed time and time again for my opinion and called a Huard Hater. I am sorry you made me do this.

But it is time for the end of the Huard Era and time for the Croyle Era to begin.

Your Witness.
    I have been saying all along keep Huard in and he didn't lose the game for us yesterday but he didn't win in for us either. I have been on Huard's side this season, Byron you know this personally, but I do think that maybe it is time to see the kid. Huard is not mobile and it was proved yesterday.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

now the numbers.

2006 Huard 11 TDs 1 INT
    2007 Huard 6 TDs 7 INT

Your Witness.
    Bump.

did i not sign for the BRING IN CROYLE petition?

well here goes..... MXPXHERO

i am starting to get into the Brodie thing but not yet.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

now the numbers.

2006 Huard 11 TDs 1 INT
    2007 Huard 6 TDs 7 INT

Your Witness.
    If this post isn't dying for a few of 'Huards Homers' I dont know what is. LOL just kidding, but I would like some of the NO NOT CROYLE people to comment on this thread. Make me a believer in that Huard is whats best for the team.

And if someone with inside knowledge knows why Croyle hasn't been brought in... ie horrible in practice, poor decisions when playing with the first team, etc. please step in and without post a reply, Again remember I have said in the past I like Huard I do, I just think it is time for Croyle.

I am glad though that the anti - LJ thing is starting to die down, I am glad that Priest got in and proved he can come back. I love what Priest did with coordinating the blockers and directing the O, I would trade Priest getting a lot of touches if he could just do that every play, also I think that keeping LJ in most downs but not giving him the ball every time is a great idea. Make them wonder with the play calling.

GO CHIEFS!!!

Huard Homers is a nonregistered Trademark of bryonc inc. (sarcasm sign)

Croyle will give us more horsepower and quickness.His passes are faster and deeper ,he will make the mistakes but thats a trade off. I would rather have a defense trying to wonder where the next pass is going instead, of simply trying to sack the predictable ,conservitive Huard.....I also think Croyle could open up are offense , I dont like the nail biters , If Croyle was in the Jags game we could be 5-3 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by chieff^Clint View Post
    Croyle will give us more horsepower and quickness.His passes are faster and deeper ,he will make the mistakes but thats a trade off. I would rather have a defense trying to wonder where the next pass is going instead, of simply trying to sack the predictable ,conservitive Huard.....I also think Croyle could open up are offense , I dont like the nail biters , If Croyle was in the Jags game we could be 5-3 right now.
    Welcome to the board, we love new fans (on the board) to talk football with.

Bump ba da Bump.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast