Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 231

Thread: One more why not try Croyle thread.

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO
    Posts
    2,417
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default One more why not try Croyle thread.


    0 Not allowed!
    I am posting this in the locker room, partially because it is not really Chiefs chat, although it kinda is.

    I am catching some static, for calling for Huard to sit and to bring in Croyle. So I thought I would put up some stats to back up my contention that Huard isn't doing that great.

    In the game between KC and Oakland. KC Won yes good job guys way to get it done.
    now the numbers.

    Huard 16 of 31 177 Yards 0 Touchdowns. That is barely 50 percent.
    Culpepper 18 of 29 228 Yards 1 TD
    Culpepper won in every stat against Huard this week.

    But that was one game. Or was it.

    Huard 24th in Passer Rating at 79.8 this is probably before the Oakland Game also which may have brought this down. In passer rating he is behind other QBs such as Joey Harrington, Jay Cutler, Dante Culpepper, Chad Pennington, and Jon Kitna to name a few.

    Completion percentage he is faring a little better, He is at 64.2 Percent. This is 15th in the league, still only average. Again behind Pennington, who NY fans are calling for his head big time.

    Not bad in Yards, 11th, at 1470 yards, but this is with 8th in Attempts, 14 attempts behind Tom Brady, and well we all know what kind of a year he is having. His yardage is 2125 But again he is on a tear and I wouldnt expect anyone to match him at the moment.

    Yards per catch is 6.8 this is 23rd, I don't know that I hold this against Huard as much as I hold it against whoever is calling the plays.

    Yards per game Huard 20th

    OK all the Huard fanboys are talking about You cant throw interceptions. In this category lets see where. Ol Damon Lands, oooooh he is tied for 6th most interceptions in the NFL, and again that may have been before the Oakland Game where he didn't throw any, so he might have allowed a few people to pass him in INTs. BTW this is more Int's then Harrington who was benched.

    Huard is tied for 4th in the number of times sacked, at 18. I dont know whether to say this is because of the line or if it is because he is not mobile enough.

    Now these numbers are after last year Huard had a second best in the NFL passer rating of 98. He clearly isn't playing as good this year. Ohhh and BTW I was calling for Trent Green (Who I have a ton of respect for and think the world of) to sit last year and let Huard continue.

    2006 Huard 11 TDs 1 INT
    2007 Huard 6 TDs 7 INT

    I have been defending myself on why I want to see Croyle all year, I have said game in and game out Huard isn't getting it done. I have been flamed time and time again for my opinion and called a Huard Hater. I am sorry you made me do this.

    But it is time for the end of the Huard Era and time for the Croyle Era to begin.

    Your Witness.




  2. #81
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Wow, I sit in front of this computer all day long, and nothing.

    I leave for 10 minutes to go and get beer, and I miss the whole thing.

    Huard is our starter, and Broyle is the backup.

    If that changes then so be it.

    I have reasons for wanting Broyle to start, and reasons I want Huard to start. Either one will still be the QB for OUR Chiefs!

    GO CHIEFS!!!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  3. #82
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Grain Valley, MO
    Posts
    2,425
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    This is really a pointless debate while the Chiefs are winning. I had said when the season started that if we had a losing record at the bye then we should go ahead and give Brodie his shot. We don't have a losing record and are tied for first in the division. We should not mess with team chemistry at this point and just try to improve on our success. I have no idea who would put up better numbers, etc but the fact remains that now is not the right time to make the change. The reason I was saying that I wish the Chiefs would go ahead and trade Brodie now is just so I wouldn't have to hear any more nonsense about pulling our starting QB while we are winning and have a good shot at a division title with the guy we have been using. This simply isn't the time to make the change and that is fact. Don't mess with success... If it ain't broke, don't fix it... etc etc

    Brodie is still young and will get his shot. The reward is usually much sweeter when some patience is required to get it. If children got to open their presents a week before Christmas, what point would the child see in celebrating on the 25th? The kid would probably just scream for more when they saw others opening gifts a week later, after they had already gotten theirs. I hope Brodie is everything people think he will be and more. I simply don't need to see it immediately, however.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

  4. #83
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,852
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Bottom line is that we are 4-3 with Huard at the Helm. I'm not a fan or a hater of Huard but it seems to be working ok. I do however think that there is no way in hell that Croyle could take us any further than Huard has! This was a wasted draft pick in my estimation. Someone ( maybe luv ) said we would end up with a backup from another team. How's Jeff Garcia lookin these days? McNabb's back up!!! Woulda taken him over Croyle any day of the week! Hell, I would have taken him over Huard! There's a few a backups I would take over Croyle. Probably over Huard but he is winning now and even though his numbers aren't great, he's not killin us just yet so before we take him out and throw a rookie into the frying pan, who I might add wasn't exactly a stud in college, can we atleast play Huard out until the day that he starts losing games for us?

  5. #84
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Bottom line is that we are 4-3 with Huard at the Helm. I'm not a fan or a hater of Huard but it seems to be working ok. I do however think that there is no way in hell that Croyle could take us any further than Huard has! This was a wasted draft pick in my estimation. Someone ( maybe luv ) said we would end up with a backup from another team. How's Jeff Garcia lookin these days? McNabb's back up!!! Woulda taken him over Croyle any day of the week! Hell, I would have taken him over Huard! There's a few a backups I would take over Croyle. Probably over Huard but he is winning now and even though his numbers aren't great, he's not killin us just yet so before we take him out and throw a rookie into the frying pan, who I might add wasn't exactly a stud in college, can we atleast play Huard out until the day that he starts losing games for us?
    I thought he set all kinds of records at 'bama, or something?

    Not rallying behing Broyle, y'all, just saying I thought we drafted him because they saw something in him.

    Then again if Herm drafted was picking offensive players, we should be worried...
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  6. #85
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    2,049
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I thought he set all kinds of records at 'bama, or something?

    Not rallying behing Broyle, y'all, just saying I thought we drafted him because they saw something in him.

    Then again if Herm drafted was picking offensive players, we should be worried...
    Nice neutral post.
    Everything happens for a reason.

  7. #86
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,149
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Neither was Priest. I know that.

    I don't really care if we get rid of Croyle or not. My point is that I can't even enjoy his career now when he does get to start because every time I see him or hear his name, I am going to visualize a rotting, bloated, and very dead, horse. The constant Croyle-bandwagoning has soured and soiled his career for me before it's even started. Even if he does for the Chiefs what Brady has done with the Patriots, this will always be in the back of my mind. Even if Croyle surpasses Favre in numbers for his career, he will not surpass Brett's class in my mind because of the stain so many wanna-be football couches have put on him in my eyes. That is all. I don't hate Croyle but him and his name will be forever tainted to me...

    Thanks guys.
    It is always difficult to avoid hating Croyle, when you have to defend Huard on a regular basis. As I am sure it difficult for the reverse.

    I feel that when Croyle does start, I will have to deal with the current Huard-haters' bashing me if I try to back him. "You didn't want him, you didn't like him." When the opposite is true.

    The fact that I defend Huard doesn't mean that I have anything, at all, against Croyle. In fact the basis of my backing of Huard is about preserving and educating Croyle.

    I won't have any problem supprting croyle when he does get to start, because I will enjoy arguing those who try to put me in some anti-Croyle camp.

    And if Croyle has some success, then people will try to tell me "I told you so.", but I will have the argument of "No, I told you so." Because I can point to the time that Huard kept him on the sidelines as the reason for his success.

    And if he plays poorly, then it should be very quiet. In fact, if that were to be the case, I expect that I would be the first to defend Croyle from all of his current supporters. As those who are in such a big hurry to get Croyle in, would likely be the same bunch who would be in a huge hurry to get rid of him, if they don't see what they want to out of him.

    As for all of the "go watch some other team" remarks, it is amazing how people who had nearly left this site, for being told similar things, can turn around and hurl those exact same stones.

    There is a difference between having loyalty to the team, and having loyalty to every player on the team. For example, how many people were so staunch in their support of Ryan Simms, when he was hear, failing to meet expectations? Many Chiefs fans were tired of Dante Hall, and were ready to see him go. I was one, despite my love of Trent Green, who was raging over the fact that Huard got pulled when Trent returned last year.I tend to be kind of negative about LJ too. This doesn't make me any less of a Chiefs fan.

    How many people show a serious dislike for Herm Edwards, or Carl Peterson? They, too, are a part of the Chiefs. Showing negativity towrad specific members of the team is not an anti-Chiefs attitude. It is an attempt at constructive criticism. Yes, even if the criticism is aimed at Damon Huard, it is still an attempt at constuctive criticism, in hopes that the team could become a better team.

  8. #87
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    2,049
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    It is always difficult to avoid hating Croyle, when you have to defend Huard on a regular basis. As I am sure it difficult for the reverse.

    I feel that when Croyle does start, I will have to deal with the current Huard-haters' bashing me if I try to back him. "You didn't want him, you didn't like him." When the opposite is true.

    The fact that I defend Huard doesn't mean that I have anything, at all, against Croyle. In fact the basis of my backing of Huard is about preserving and educating Croyle.

    I won't have any problem supprting croyle when he does get to start, because I will enjoy arguing those who try to put me in some anti-Croyle camp.

    And if Croyle has some success, then people will try to tell me "I told you so.", but I will have the argument of "No, I told you so." Because I can point to the time that Huard kept him on the sidelines as the reason for his success.

    And if he plays poorly, then it should be very quiet. In fact, if that were to be the case, I expect that I would be the first to defend Croyle from all of his current supporters. As those who are in such a big hurry to get Croyle in, would likely be the same bunch who would be in a huge hurry to get rid of him, if they don't see what they want to out of him.

    As for all of the "go watch some other team" remarks, it is amazing how people who had nearly left this site, for being told similar things, can turn around and hurl those exact same stones.

    There is a difference between having loyalty to the team, and having loyalty to every player on the team. For example, how many people were so staunch in their support of Ryan Simms, when he was hear, failing to meet expectations? Many Chiefs fans were tired of Dante Hall, and were ready to see him go. I was one, despite my love of Trent Green, who was raging over the fact that Huard got pulled when Trent returned last year.I tend to be kind of negative about LJ too. This doesn't make me any less of a Chiefs fan.

    How many people show a serious dislike for Herm Edwards, or Carl Peterson? They, too, are a part of the Chiefs. Showing negativity towrad specific members of the team is not an anti-Chiefs attitude. It is an attempt at constructive criticism. Yes, even if the criticism is aimed at Damon Huard, it is still an attempt at constuctive criticism, in hopes that the team could become a better team.
    Rep most definitely added.
    Everything happens for a reason.

  9. #88
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Grain Valley, MO
    Posts
    2,425
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    Rep most definitely added.
    Already done.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

  10. #89
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,841
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    It is always difficult to avoid hating Croyle, when you have to defend Huard on a regular basis. As I am sure it difficult for the reverse.

    I feel that when Croyle does start, I will have to deal with the current Huard-haters' bashing me if I try to back him. "You didn't want him, you didn't like him." When the opposite is true.

    The fact that I defend Huard doesn't mean that I have anything, at all, against Croyle. In fact the basis of my backing of Huard is about preserving and educating Croyle.

    I won't have any problem supprting croyle when he does get to start, because I will enjoy arguing those who try to put me in some anti-Croyle camp.

    And if Croyle has some success, then people will try to tell me "I told you so.", but I will have the argument of "No, I told you so." Because I can point to the time that Huard kept him on the sidelines as the reason for his success.

    And if he plays poorly, then it should be very quiet. In fact, if that were to be the case, I expect that I would be the first to defend Croyle from all of his current supporters. As those who are in such a big hurry to get Croyle in, would likely be the same bunch who would be in a huge hurry to get rid of him, if they don't see what they want to out of him.

    As for all of the "go watch some other team" remarks, it is amazing how people who had nearly left this site, for being told similar things, can turn around and hurl those exact same stones.

    There is a difference between having loyalty to the team, and having loyalty to every player on the team. For example, how many people were so staunch in their support of Ryan Simms, when he was hear, failing to meet expectations? Many Chiefs fans were tired of Dante Hall, and were ready to see him go. I was one, despite my love of Trent Green, who was raging over the fact that Huard got pulled when Trent returned last year.I tend to be kind of negative about LJ too. This doesn't make me any less of a Chiefs fan.

    How many people show a serious dislike for Herm Edwards, or Carl Peterson? They, too, are a part of the Chiefs. Showing negativity towrad specific members of the team is not an anti-Chiefs attitude. It is an attempt at constructive criticism. Yes, even if the criticism is aimed at Damon Huard, it is still an attempt at constuctive criticism, in hopes that the team could become a better team.
    Constructive post...rep added.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

    Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

  11. #90
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    Nice neutral post.
    I support the Chiefs. Not any particular player.

    And I really do want to like Herm, but I haven't seen enough positives from him to not doubt yet.

    I really like this site because of all the constructive criticism, and it is refreshing to hear peoples opinions other than just the locals.

    The majority of the Chiefs fans in KC b!tch about any, and every thing that they can think of when the Chiefs are losing. Then when they are winning, they b!tch about when the rug is gonna be swept out from under them.

    This doesn't make them any less of a fan, but it seems to me like that kind of lessens the thrill they will get when they have had confidence the whole season.

    Granted that reality has not existed for over 30 some years, but one of the great things about rooting for a sports team is the POSSIBILITY, of winning it all.

    GO CHIEFS!!!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •