Thread: Webnews: Chiefs’ Eric Fisher had shoulder, hernia surgeries

Hybrid View

Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 30

Post Webnews: Chiefs’ Eric Fisher had shoulder, hernia surgeries

0 Not allowed!
    By Michael David Smith
    The first overall pick in last year’s NFL draft is recovering from two different offseason surgeries. Chiefs offensive tackle Eric Fisher had a procedure on his shoulder and a procedure to repair a hernia, coach Andy Reid confirmed today at his press conference at the start of Kansas City’s offseason program. Fisher started 13 games…
    Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 2

0 Not allowed!
    I guess out the window goes the notion of his offseason work to make him stronger. :(

Thumbs Up
    Received: 659
    Given: 815

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    I guess out the window goes the notion of his offseason work to make him stronger. :(
    Not so fast. Andy Reid said he added 5 pounds of good weight. And there's still plenty of time before training camp for him to work and get ready and Fisher is at OTA's

https://twitter.com/KCChiefs_Reid/st...091200/photo/1

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    My first thought when I read this article was "Uh, oh. This could be trouble." About 2 seconds later I thought "wait a minute. You mean he was blocking with an injured shoulder AND a hernia AND playing out of position and he still looked pretty good at the end of the season?" If he is fully healed, playing the position he is most comfortable with and having a second year in the same system, He will be a beast.

I can't wait to see how much he improves this year!

In his last 5 games last year, Fisher did not get called for one single penalty and only allowed the QB to be touched somewhere around maybe 3 times. If I compare that to Branden Albert's last 5 games in 2010 where he gave up 9 sacks in his THIRD season at LT, then it would seem it's safe to say there is hope for Fisher if he can stay healthy and play his natural position at LT.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 61

2 Not allowed!
    My first thought when I read this article was "Uh, oh. This could be trouble." About 2 seconds later I thought "wait a minute. You mean he was blocking with an injured shoulder AND a hernia AND playing out of position and he still looked pretty good at the end of the season?" If he is fully healed, playing the position he is most comfortable with and having a second year in the same system, He will be a beast.

***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    MatthewsChiefs can't stand MatthewsChiefs

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Thanks for the cup-half-full reply. But my question is why didn't they wait until the start of the OTAs to do this? How long does he have now to recover from this and still get the offseason strength training that was prescribed for him?

Thumbs Up
    Received: 272
    Given: 852

0 Not allowed!

Agreed. I'm not worried about Fisher, glad he got these surgeries out of the way.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Fisher says his weight is coming back and he hopes to play at 310 -- 315 this year. He said he was playing between 295 -- 300 last year.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 362
    Given: 414

0 Not allowed!
    Topeka's good take on things notwithstanding, I can't say that I see this as good news. Hard not to worry how ready he will be come preseason. That said, if he was playing with these injuries towards the end of the season it certainly puts his performance into an encouraging light.

The sky isn't falling, but this is not the kind of news I like to hear.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    The first two weeks of OTAs is strength training and getting in shape (according to ESPN). Other OTAs are for other stuff. This is a bad time to be recovering from surgery.

Again, why wasn't Surgery done 2 months ago?

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    The first two weeks of OTAs is strength training and getting in shape (according to ESPN). Other OTAs are for other stuff. This is a bad time to be recovering from surgery.

Again, why wasn't Surgery done 2 months ago?
    Not sure when the surgery was done, but if it was just recently, then yes, it should have been done sooner. But, at least he is working out and should be ready for the start of training camp.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast