Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Schedule

Default 2014 Schedule

got it from /r/kansascitychiefs on reddit.

19-0 until proven otherwise
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    19-0 until proven otherwise
    Don't think it'll happen this year, but love the enthusiasm.

Week 1: win
    Week 2: loss
    Week 3: Loss (just because KC plays poorly in Miami)
    Week 4: loss
    Week 5: loss
    Bye
    Weel 7: loss
    Week 8: Toss up, leaning toward win (if st. louis drafts clowney......)
    week 9: Toss, leaning toward loss (that D is really good for NYJ)
    week 10: Toss, Leaning toward win (should have the better team but they're always giving KC problems, could of beat KC last year)
    week 11: Loss
    week 12: Loss (and if anyone knows me i always do a 3-3 record in the AFC West)
    week 13: Win (see above point)
    week 14: toss up, depends on which carson palmer decides to show up, and can that D save him if he plays poorly. leaning toward loss
    week 15: Win
    week 16: Toss, its Pitts, they play tough. Leaning toward win
    week 17: Win

So i could see a 4-12 to about 10-6 (my early prediction right now is 6-10)

I think 12-4 is the best case scenario but prolly more close to 8-8.

Im saying we lose to New England, san Francisco, at denver, and seatle for sure bit other than that its a toss up. Not saying we will lose to those 4 teams but those are the 4 hardest games I feel that we will be the underdog.

4-5 wins at most

Titans - W
    @ Broncos - L
    @ Miami - W
    Patriots - L
    @ SF - L
    @ SD - L
    Rams - W
    NYJ - W
    @ Buffalo - W
    Seattle - L
    @ Oakland - W
    Denver - W
    @ Arizona - W
    Oakland - W
    @ Pittsburg - L
    SD - W

I'm picking us to go 10-6, and at worst, 8-8. Within the division think we will sweep Oakland but split the series with the Donks and SD. Think that after the bye week we'll start to pick up momentum and get better as a team. The four strongest challengers I see on this schedule are the Patriots, 49ers, Seahawks and Broncos. Every other team is beatable, unless magical things happen at their front offices, coaching staff, and rosters.

I'm gonna wait 'til after the 3rd pre-season game to make my official game-by-game prediction. I want to see who gets what in the draft, what players are subsequently released and go to other teams and how the starters perform in pre-season games first. I did pick us to go 11-5 last year but I think I had us losing three games we won and winning 3 games we lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    The four strongest challengers I see on this schedule are the Patriots, 49ers, Seahawks and Broncos.
    I remember last year the Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, Redskins and Texans all looked like likely losses before the season began and we swept those teams. I agree with you that these 4 teams appear to be the toughest, but ...

I have a feeling that the Pats are on the decline. Their offense was way down last year, even though the almost always found a way to win, and they will have a lot of personnel changes this year.

I wish the 49ers game was @Arrowhead but it isn't. Last year Reid had the Chiefs ready to face the Eagles team that fired him and I can see a similar outcome with Smith going up against a team that thought he was "not good enough." I think Alex will have a monster game. He knows the team and he will have something to prove.

Super Bowl winners almost always have a steep drop off the following year. I really don't see that happening with the Seahawks, but history says it is more likely than not.

Right now, I also think we will split with the Broncos. The Seahawks, Colts and even the Chargers showed us how to handle them last year. The question is can we upgrade our defense enough to get the job done? We came close in Denver last year when our defense was still healthy but they are tough to beat in that thin Mile-High air.

16-0? No, I'm not predicting that. Not by a long shot. As tough as this schedule looks on paper I think 10-6 would be a major success, but the potential is there to do much better than that. I just want to see how the rest of the off-season and pre-season plays out first.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Agreed on many points, TR. There's a lot that can happen between now and August, let alone what can happen over the course of the season.

Yeah, the Pats are on the decline. But lets put this in perspective...A declining Pats team is still better than half the teams out there. They still have a great HC, HOF QB, and a good front office. A bad season for them is when they go 11-5. When they come to Arrowhead, that's going to be a good game.

There's a lot of factors to consider with the Donks games, but the games last year, we shot ourselves in the foot. They can be beaten. If we march into SA stadium and beat them, that would be a huge statement.

The Seahawks won't be a repeat of the Ravens. The challenge the Seahawks will have is everyone trying to study or copy what they did. Like the Pats, they've got an experienced HC, great QB and good front office.

Yep.

Fortunately, the games aren't decided on paper in the Spring. They are decided on the field in the Fall (mostly). I can't wait to get to it!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast