Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: trade down with Jacks Jags

Default trade down with Jacks Jags

send #23 to jacksonville for #39,#105,#114,#150 and #222
    or #39,#70 and #222?
    used draftsite.com to select players still available at each pick
    #39 van noy(lb) d bucannon(s) j ward(s) l joyner(s) yankey(g) tuitt(de)
    #87 davante adams(wr)
    #105 billy turner(ot)
    #114 demarcus lawrence(olb)
    i will add i dont believe adams< turner or d lawrence will fall to these spots
    #124 d dozier(g) phillip gaines(cb)
    #150 larry webster or caraun reid
    #163 possibly select injured prospect here say aaron colvin or brandon thomas
    #193 dowling(s)
    #200 matt patchan(ot)
    #222 colt lylera(te)

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I still don't get it. Why would you want to trade away your best most valueable pick to possibly find an immediate starter, to a 2nd round pick that most seem to think are good Values for a second which screams to me BACK up first year with potention to being a starter or bust.

I see people saying we could get guys in the 2nd round that may here are wanting in the 1st round. Really, Why are we even considering them as our first round pick if you are saying we could get them 15 picks later.

I would rather trade up in the second then trade back.
    I could see trading down a few slots in round 3 or one of the later rounds happening.

I still don't get it. Why would you want to trade away your best most valueable pick to possibly find an immediate starter, to a 2nd round pick that most seem to think are good Values for a second which screams to me BACK up first year with potention to being a starter or bust.

I see people saying we could get guys in the 2nd round that may here are wanting in the 1st round. Really, Why are we even considering them as our first round pick if you are saying we could get them 15 picks later.

I would rather trade up in the second then trade back.
    Trade up using what?

I’m not trading down expecting to get the same value at #23, but at #23 there are no guarantees any way. In most drafts there is not much difference in the late R1/ early R2 guys anyhow. This year even more so.

I’m trading down so I have more darts to throw at the board. The Chiefs have funneled themselves into needing several positions addressed by this draft. Also it alleviates the cap hit an R1 will make.
    ...in my opinion

Because every year guys who are targeted in the 1.20s slip to early 2nds. In this, a deep draft, this would be an even higher possibility. I bet if Dorsey has a list of 10 take-for-sure players and 6 of them are still there at 23 he will try to trade down. Especially if he gets a good offer for multiple choices in this (deep) draft.

I would only trade down to get a 2nd pick out of it. So no trading all the way back to the 2nd rnd. Trade back up till the 31st pick and get a 2nd rounder out of it. Not sure if thats a fair trade if not then swap picks In a later round or something as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    I would only trade down to get a 2nd pick out of it. So no trading all the way back to the 2nd rnd. Trade back up till the 31st pick and get a 2nd rounder out of it. Not sure if thats a fair trade if not then swap picks In a later round or something as well.
    This is probably the only way I'd want to trade down, if we still retained a 1st round, or a very high 2nd round pick + a third or fourth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    Trade up using what?

I’m not trading down expecting to get the same value at #23, but at #23 there are no guarantees any way. In most drafts there is not much difference in the late R1/ early R2 guys anyhow. This year even more so.

I’m trading down so I have more darts to throw at the board. The Chiefs have funneled themselves into needing several positions addressed by this draft. Also it alleviates the cap hit an R1 will make.
    So let me get this straight. A person so upset with the Chiefs that they didn't spend on the highest paid Free agent and was so upset that we didn't upgrade in numerous positions and was upset that the Chiefs are trying to fill holes with Hope from players in last years draft Is now saying, Trade our Best Draft pick option which has better chances of being Starter for the next 5 years in favor of getting more players "Darts" just like the ones you are unhappy with from last year.

I know there is value in later draft picks, but not usually as a starter. Trade what ever you need to move up the second. But keep our first rounder in the first. This Chiefs history with Second Rounders is not the best and the thought of moving back to get more darts. Makes me cringe.

So let me get this straight. A person so upset with the Chiefs that they didn't spend on the highest paid Free agent and was so upset that we didn't upgrade in numerous positions and was upset that the Chiefs are trying to fill holes with Hope from players in last years draft Is now saying, Trade our Best Draft pick option which has better chances of being Starter for the next 5 years in favor of getting more players "Darts" just like the ones you are unhappy with from last year.

I know there is value in later draft picks, but not usually as a starter. Trade what ever you need to move up the second. But keep our first rounder in the first. This Chiefs history with Second Rounders is not the best and the thought of moving back to get more darts. Makes me cringe.
    First of all, if you’re going to mock me at least mock what I really said, not your incorrect interpretation. Nowhere did I advocate going free agent nutty. I expressed frustration that not a single upgrade was made at all. Every free agent that left has been replaced by a lesser player. Every single one.

The Chiefs aren’t filling holes with last year’s draftees. They’re filling them with low end free agents like Rishaw Johnson, JM Johnson, Hussain Abdullah, some CFL WR reject, etc, etc. The only rookie from last year’s draft who might be a new starter is Sanders Commings.

I’m not advocating picking up a bunch of late round picks trading down from 23, although I always admired Jimmy Johnson’s approach of success through volume. I’m moving down 10-15 spots to get another R3, which, if Dorsey is as good as we all hope, has a good chance of being a solid contributor, if not a starter. I don’t believe in Chiefs draft voodoo, so get an R2 & R3.

The Chiefs can’t spare a pick from this year’s draft to move up. They could possibly bank on getting some comp picks next year and use one their 2015 picks.
    ...in my opinion

The Chiefs can’t spare a pick from this year’s draft to move up. They could possibly bank on getting some comp picks next year and use one their 2015 picks.
    This, exactly. If there were one draft year in which to move down and get more picks it's this one. Especially when we only have 6 picks. Yes, there are a few players who might make it to 23 who would be of must-take quality, but if they are gone TRADE DOWN BABY!

First of all, if you’re going to mock me at least mock what I really said, not your incorrect interpretation. Nowhere did I advocate going free agent nutty. I expressed frustration that not a single upgrade was made at all. Every free agent that left has been replaced by a lesser player. Every single one.

The Chiefs aren’t filling holes with last year’s draftees. They’re filling them with low end free agents like Rishaw Johnson, JM Johnson, Hussain Abdullah, some CFL WR reject, etc, etc. The only rookie from last year’s draft who might be a new starter is Sanders Commings.

I’m not advocating picking up a bunch of late round picks trading down from 23, although I always admired Jimmy Johnson’s approach of success through volume. I’m moving down 10-15 spots to get another R3, which, if Dorsey is as good as we all hope, has a good chance of being a solid contributor, if not a starter. I don’t believe in Chiefs draft voodoo, so get an R2 & R3.

Yes, they are being replaced by guys already on the roster. Darts either through Fee agency or last years drats.

I never said what to trade up with. They do have future years they could and there is also rumors that the Chiefs are dangling Eric Berry out there, as it would save on cap space this year give them a chance to draft his replacements chances of signing him next year is not looking good.

I am not mocking you. Just staing that you seem very inconsistent in your opinions. Guys who actually played good in a NFL game are not worth it because the FA rejects, yet you are wanting to give a shot to lower valued kids from College a shot. To fill some huge Void from average at best players we lost.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast