Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: trade down with Jacks Jags

Default trade down with Jacks Jags

send #23 to jacksonville for #39,#105,#114,#150 and #222
    or #39,#70 and #222?
    used draftsite.com to select players still available at each pick
    #39 van noy(lb) d bucannon(s) j ward(s) l joyner(s) yankey(g) tuitt(de)
    #87 davante adams(wr)
    #105 billy turner(ot)
    #114 demarcus lawrence(olb)
    i will add i dont believe adams< turner or d lawrence will fall to these spots
    #124 d dozier(g) phillip gaines(cb)
    #150 larry webster or caraun reid
    #163 possibly select injured prospect here say aaron colvin or brandon thomas
    #193 dowling(s)
    #200 matt patchan(ot)
    #222 colt lylera(te)

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I am not mocking you. Just staing that you seem very inconsistent in your opinions. Guys who actually played good in a NFL game are not worth it because the FA rejects, yet you are wanting to give a shot to lower valued kids from College a shot. To fill some huge Void from average at best players we lost.
    There’s no inconsistency. Rishaw Johnson played well in one game, but his history is that he has cut by SEA and worked out for CHI. Now he’s our starting RG. Why? Maybe it was a system thing. Maybe the light bulb finally went on. Or maybe he stank and still does but is starting in KC because they have no one better. My bet is on the choice 3.

Is Sanders Commings really a player or is he going to be out of the league in 3-5 years like most R5 picks? If he isn’t, we have Hussain Abdullah who wasn’t good enough to take Kendrick Lewis’s job a year ago.

Is A.J. Jenkins poop like he’s shown his entire career so far? Or will he share the same epiphany with Rishaw?

That’s three positions of glaring need. If the Chiefs were to trade down they might be able to address all three with high draft picks. Those 3 draft picks offer a better chance for success than a couple of guys who had one good game.

So, to summarize: I, too, have a draft first mentality. I’d rather grow my own than overpay for someone else’s or pick through their garbage. The Chiefs have too many needs and not enough ammo.
    ...in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    First of all, if you’re going to mock me at least mock what I really said, not your incorrect interpretation. Nowhere did I advocate going free agent nutty. I expressed frustration that not a single upgrade was made at all. Every free agent that left has been replaced by a lesser player. Every single one.

The Chiefs aren’t filling holes with last year’s draftees. They’re filling them with low end free agents like Rishaw Johnson, JM Johnson, Hussain Abdullah, some CFL WR reject, etc, etc. The only rookie from last year’s draft who might be a new starter is Sanders Commings.

I’m not advocating picking up a bunch of late round picks trading down from 23, although I always admired Jimmy Johnson’s approach of success through volume. I’m moving down 10-15 spots to get another R3, which, if Dorsey is as good as we all hope, has a good chance of being a solid contributor, if not a starter. I don’t believe in Chiefs draft voodoo, so get an R2 & R3.

The Chiefs can’t spare a pick from this year’s draft to move up. They could possibly bank on getting some comp picks next year and use one their 2015 picks.
    Wessler a CFL reject ?!? The man held the grey cup !!!

Exactly so. Dressler is certainly from the CFL and his skills may or may not translate to the NFL, but only a fool would call Dressler a "CFL reject". If he doesn't pan out in the NFL, you can bet there will be several CFL teams trying to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Exactly so. Dressler is certainly from the CFL and his skills may or may not translate to the NFL, but only a fool would call Dressler a "CFL reject". If he doesn't pan out in the NFL, you can bet there will be several CFL teams trying to get him.
    Fool? That's not very nice. "Reject" was a strong choice of words, but if you're banking that a player "graduates" from the CFL to make an impact on an NFL team then you're the fool. Odds are against it.
    ...in my opinion

There’s no inconsistency. Rishaw Johnson played well in one game, but his history is that he has cut by SEA and worked out for CHI. Now he’s our starting RG. Why? Maybe it was a system thing. Maybe the light bulb finally went on. Or maybe he stank and still does but is starting in KC because they have no one better. My bet is on the choice 3.

Is Sanders Commings really a player or is he going to be out of the league in 3-5 years like most R5 picks? If he isn’t, we have Hussain Abdullah who wasn’t good enough to take Kendrick Lewis’s job a year ago.

Is A.J. Jenkins poop like he’s shown his entire career so far? Or will he share the same epiphany with Rishaw?

That’s three positions of glaring need. If the Chiefs were to trade down they might be able to address all three with high draft picks. Those 3 draft picks offer a better chance for success than a couple of guys who had one good game.

So, to summarize: I, too, have a draft first mentality. I’d rather grow my own than overpay for someone else’s or pick through their garbage. The Chiefs have too many needs and not enough ammo.
    I don't recall the Chiefs Depth board being set, yet you are assuming players are starting that maybe are not. Who Says Kush is not elevated to Guard what if the best player avaiable in the first is the top Guard.

Abdullah did replace Lewis. He also had two picks in playoff game as the replacement for Lewis. It is why Lewis was not resigned and Abdullah was. Right now he is probably the starter with Commings as a back up.

I don't see WR as the problem everyone else does. I don't know why everyone has promoted Jenkins to starter, but Avery is stil here as is Hemmingway Jr. I think a good part of the problemw with our receivers, is how checked down the offense was and that was by Design to control the clock and lower turn overs. Once Charles went down in the play off game, the offense exploded.

I don't think the Chiefs have as many holes as you feel they do but the holes they do have are not the Key positions that people draft early in the draft. They are players that you pick up later such as Safety and Guard. We could very easily get our starting Guard or FS with the 23d. Not so much with the 39th.

Fool? That's not very nice. "Reject" was a strong choice of words, but if you're banking that a player "graduates" from the CFL to make an impact on an NFL team then you're the fool. Odds are against it.
    ABSOLUTELY! I'd have been VERY FOOLISH to have said that Dressler was sure to make an impact for the Chiefs. But then, I DID'T say that. What I DID say was "...his skills may or may not translate to the NFL."

Meanwhile you DID refer to someone on the Chiefs as a "CFL reject". And since Dressler is, to the best of my knowledge, the only player on the Chiefs who came from the CFL, I can only conclude you were referring to Dressler. And whatever Dressler accomplishes for the Chiefs, he is most certainly NOT a CFL reject.

My statement was accurate. Yours was utter nonsense.

I don't recall the Chiefs Depth board being set, yet you are assuming players are starting that maybe are not. Who Says Kush is not elevated to Guard what if the best player avaiable in the first is the top Guard.

Abdullah did replace Lewis. He also had two picks in playoff game as the replacement for Lewis. It is why Lewis was not resigned and Abdullah was. Right now he is probably the starter with Commings as a back up.

I don't see WR as the problem everyone else does. I don't know why everyone has promoted Jenkins to starter, but Avery is stil here as is Hemmingway Jr. I think a good part of the problemw with our receivers, is how checked down the offense was and that was by Design to control the clock and lower turn overs. Once Charles went down in the play off game, the offense exploded.

I don't think the Chiefs have as many holes as you feel they do but the holes they do have are not the Key positions that people draft early in the draft. They are players that you pick up later such as Safety and Guard. We could very easily get our starting Guard or FS with the 23d. Not so much with the 39th.
    Fair enough. I’ll agree to disagree. I can’t take a game or two as evidence we are fine at any position. I look at our roster and see players that are below average in many spots. Those are holes. The Chiefs roster is worse than last years.

Kush/Rishaw/Allen is a problem at both OG. I don’t care who starts. As of now its Allen and Rishaw. That sucks. Hussain Abdullah eventually replaced KLew because KLew was awful. Hussain Abdullah is not a quality starter, no more than KLew was. It's a hole. LE is a hole. WR2 & WR3 are holes. KR is a hole. MLB is a hole.

Maybe the bargain basement solutions employed work out. Geoff Schwartz was a bargain basement solution that worked out well. Akeem Jordan fared ok. We’ll see. The difference is this year’s band-aids are from the clearance rack at the bargain basement.
    ...in my opinion

That's a good point. Reid has publicly stated he likes to draft centers, then if needed put them at other spots on the line.

I would disagree with you about the WR position, simply too many drops. This draft is full of recievers that would be an instant upgrade over what we have. With that being said, because the draft is full of good WR's, there's no law saying that we can't draft a monster pass rusher first round, snag a WR in the third, then see what's available at guard, D-line or safety in the later rounds.

First of all, if you’re going to mock me at least mock what I really said, not your incorrect interpretation.
    I don't think you understand how internet mockery works.

Obviously you never got the memo. Every year were passed on trade options. Teams in front of us and behind us get trade deals but chiefs never.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast