Thread: Thoughts on our pick at 23?

Default Thoughts on our pick at 23?

We know that Reid and Dorsey sniffed at a few WR free agents. So we know they are interested.

From what I read there is a good chance that Sammy Watkins, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham, Mike Evans, Kelvin Benjamin and Marqise Lee would all be gone at 23.

If that is the way it turns out is there a WR worth picking at 23 or should we instead trade down for a second rounder and additional picks?

Thoughts???

Cooks has a chance to be there at #23 and if he is, then take him. If Cooks is off the board, then trade down if another team wants to trade up.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 05-02-2014 at 02:00 PM.

Well....let's get crazy.....We are going to have 3-4 compensatory picks next year. Is there any prospect out there that is worth trading UP for this year.? Just trying to think "outside the box". It's a talent-heavy draft. Lot's of teams that would listen to a "trade down" offer.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 05-03-2014 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Well....let's get crazy.....We are going to have 3-4 compensatory picks next year. Is there any prospect out there that is worth trading UP for this year.? Just trying to think "outside the box". It's a talent-heavy draft. Lot's of teams that would listen to a "trade down" offer.
    I wouldn't be opposed to this. It's just you are giving up a future pick and a current pick to get a better one. At best you could do is include a future swap like KC's 15R3 for the other team's 15R4/5. Assuming we get a comp R3 for Albert, that wouldn't be too bad.

It still leaves of us with the same number of picks this year, tho. In a draft as deep as this, I'd rather have more bullets this year.
    ...in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    I wouldn't be opposed to this. It's just you are giving up a future pick and a current pick to get a better one. At best you could do is include a future swap like KC's 15R3 for the other team's 15R4/5. Assuming we get a comp R3 for Albert, that wouldn't be too bad.

It still leaves of us with the same number of picks this year, tho. In a draft as deep as this, I'd rather have more bullets this year.
    I agree. My comment wasn't meant as a suggestion, just tossing a crazy idea on the table. Most discussions seems to revolve around trading down for extra picks (I bet there are a lot of teams thinking this way since the draft is thought to be so deep) but any time most people agree on a set idea I have to ask if doing the exact opposite might be the better thing to do?

Might some team that desperately wants to trade down be willing to overpay us for the opportunity? Is there a team out there that would give us a top 5 pick for our #23 and a 4th or 5th round pick? Dunno, just thinking out loud.

I'm not saying we should, just that perhaps we should investigate the possibility. Just trying to think outside the box a bit.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 05-04-2014 at 01:54 PM.

Does anyone have any info on CJ Mosley? From the little bit I have read, he seems like a ridiculous athlete that could hopefully step in beside DJ and give the 49ers a run for their money at best ILB group. Ran the 40 in 4.4...is he a converted safety or something? Anyone know more about him or be interested in drafting him?