Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: trade down with Jacks Jags

Default trade down with Jacks Jags

send #23 to jacksonville for #39,#105,#114,#150 and #222
    or #39,#70 and #222?
    used draftsite.com to select players still available at each pick
    #39 van noy(lb) d bucannon(s) j ward(s) l joyner(s) yankey(g) tuitt(de)
    #87 davante adams(wr)
    #105 billy turner(ot)
    #114 demarcus lawrence(olb)
    i will add i dont believe adams< turner or d lawrence will fall to these spots
    #124 d dozier(g) phillip gaines(cb)
    #150 larry webster or caraun reid
    #163 possibly select injured prospect here say aaron colvin or brandon thomas
    #193 dowling(s)
    #200 matt patchan(ot)
    #222 colt lylera(te)

a guy i keep forgetting about if we trade down and acquire extra late round picks is JOHN URSCHEL g from penn state
    he is going to be a solid pro...like him in the 6th

I don't follow college ball so I'm not fit to say who we should try to trade down with, but with this years draft seeming so deep, trading down for a couple of extra picks seems like a no-brainer and seems to play right to Dorsey's supposed strength at finding talent deep in the draft. So I am certainly hoping we can find someone to buy our pick at #23.

Quote Originally Posted by stevefuller View Post
    send #23 to jacksonville for #39,#105,#114,#150 and #222
    or #39,#70 and #222?
    If Jax offered that I would do it in a 1.5 heartbeats. I don't think they would offer that much though.

The 1.5 as opposed to 1 heartbeat is in case some future star player somehow gets caught in the Aaron Rodgers wormhole and is still available at 23.

I personally would like to keep our first round draft pick. I am not keen on trading back into the second round unless we get a next years first round pick included.

I am perfectly fine trading back a couple spots to get a second, but would really love to keep our first.

I think the Chiefs are in the catbird seat to trade back to early R2 with a team that passed on a QB in picks 1-10. I don’t think you can expect a 15r01 in return, but you might get an early R3 from a team like HOU or MIN, who may not want to wait for their QB in R2. The Chiefs should still able to get a WR, maybe Stephon Tuitt, or their pick of the guards
    ...in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    I think the Chiefs are in the catbird seat to trade back to early R2 with a team that passed on a QB in picks 1-10. I don’t think you can expect a 15r01 in return, but you might get an early R3 from a team like HOU or MIN, who may not want to wait for their QB in R2. The Chiefs should still able to get a WR, maybe Stephon Tuitt, or their pick of the guards
    Cody Latimer (WR) might be a good 2nd round target for us if we actually do trade down.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    Cody Latimer (WR) might be a good 2nd round target for us if we actually do trade down.
    I’ve read he’s pushing into that late R1 area. Guys like him, late risers, always make me nervous. Why wasn’t he highly regarded before all of this over-analysis began? Is it a by-product of a fast 40?
    ...in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    I’ve read he’s pushing into that late R1 area. Guys like him, late risers, always make me nervous. Why wasn’t he highly regarded before all of this over-analysis began? Is it a by-product of a fast 40?
    probably. But it's not like he is a bad WR. He was a 3rd rounder before the 40. But now you look at the big stature and combine that with the fast 40 and you got an intriguing prospect. I would still hesitate to take him at 23 but, in a trade down scenario, if the Chiefs took him in the early 2nd or even late 1st, I would be call it a good roll of dice.

I still don't get it. Why would you want to trade away your best most valueable pick to possibly find an immediate starter, to a 2nd round pick that most seem to think are good Values for a second which screams to me BACK up first year with potention to being a starter or bust.

I see people saying we could get guys in the 2nd round that may here are wanting in the 1st round. Really, Why are we even considering them as our first round pick if you are saying we could get them 15 picks later.

I would rather trade up in the second then trade back.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast