Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Observations From The Offseason

Default Observations From The Offseason

Hi everyone,

I suppose I should introduce myself in the other subforum, but I think we'll be alright. Longtime KC fan here, but this franchise has done NOTHING in FA to get better. I can buy the build through the draft mentality, but when you bring in absolutely no one to improve the team you are going to be in some serious trouble. Here are some of the things we have all seen so far:

-We have done nothing to upgrade at any position this offseason despite losing some role players. In fact, you could easily argue we are worse in the personnel department.

-"Build through the draft." It seems like everyone wants to do it Seattle's way. That's fine, I get it, but even teams like Seattle and SF brought over some FA and made some trades to improve their team. Marshawn Lynch, Justin Smith, Ahmad Brooks etc..

- The contracts for some of these players is absolutely ludicrous. You are going to pay Dwayne Bowe nearly 9 million dollars a year? Fasano nearly 3 million, Colquitt 3 million, Chase Daniel 2.3 etc.. Very irresponsible spending imo.

Our core guys are getting old. Derrik Johnson is getting there, Tamba Hali, Alex Smith, Jamaal Charles aren't getting any younger. We can't wait until they are past their primes to start winning. This year won't be like last, we won't be playing an easy schedule.

Why can't we bring veterans to play while our young guys learn and get accustomed to the NFL? We have Sanders Commings in at FS, who didn't even play last year.

Derrick Johnson and Tamba Hali are older. But both of them earned every penny of their salaries last season. They haven't lost a step yet.

Quote Originally Posted by NWO View Post
    Please don't start praising an injury prone, unproven tackle who looked awful this past year.

Couldn't agree more. Branden Albert was persona non grata throughout last season.

I don't even want to hear it.
    Neither do we.

After what we went through in '12, and the improvements Clark, Reid and Dorsey made to this team in '13, I refuse to take a Chicken Little the-world-is-coming-to-an-end fantasy football mindset going into this season. Yeah, the schedule's tougher. Big woop. We didn't play one team last year that was a complete pushover, so what's new?

For all we know Dorsey might draft O-line after O-line, hell bent on giving Reid something to build on from here on out. Yeah, tackles don't make the highlight reels but they often pave the ways for the guys that do. For every great play you see there's usually two or three critical blocks made that allow it to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post

Couldn't agree more. Branden Albert was persona non grata throughout last season.

Neither do we.

After what we went through in '12, and the improvements Clark, Reid and Dorsey made to this team in '13, I refuse to take a Chicken Little the-world-is-coming-to-an-end fantasy football mindset going into this season. Yeah, the schedule's tougher. Big woop. We didn't play one team last year that was a complete pushover, so what's new?

For all we know Dorsey might draft O-line after O-line, hell bent on giving Reid something to build on from here on out. Yeah, tackles don't make the highlight reels but they often pave the ways for the guys that do. For every great play you see there's usually two or three critical blocks made that allow it to happen.
    Nice one there. Albert was always hurt and wasnt as good as advertised. He is a good but not great. Now I would have loved to move him to guard but theres no way he would switch positions.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123