Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I didnt entertain the thought...

Default I didnt entertain the thought...

of trading down until last week when several of you thought we should move back and acquire picks. i just think that at #23 we will have a shot at a handful of excellent football players and if we move back we will definately miss out on most of them...cooks, beckham,shazier,mosley, bridgewater,hageman,fuller,lee, sua filo
    however i do love the endless possiblities if we did trade back to jacksonville #39 or ny jets #49 ...all those extra picks in the most talented draft i have even seen...so many positions are 5,6,7 deep its crazy
    i am starting to like some of the prospects who we could draft after the fourth round...players like ot matt patchan from boston college i really like this kid...a couple safeties dez southward and jonathan dowling are two safeties i would add to this roster...please check out these guys let me know what you think
    i have fallen for larry webster de(listed as a te on some draft sites) 6'6 252 runs a 4.58 40...some think he could be the next antonio gates or michael johnson(de)...aaron lynch olb from south florida is a sleeper
    i would like us to draft david yankey(4th) and john urschel (6th) ...urschel is from penn state and i believe he will be a starter for years in the nfl

Please just once, just one freaking time can I be excited about a player we draft. Just please no more o or d line draft picks. We have wasted pick after pick on the offensive line and it's very possible they could be a mess this year.

Quote Originally Posted by NWO View Post
    Please just once, just one freaking time can I be excited about a player we draft. Just please no more o or d line draft picks. We have wasted pick after pick on the offensive line and it's very possible they could be a mess this year.
    You've got to kidding. If the Chiefs hadn't drafted Hudson, Allen, Stephenson, Fisher, and Kush recently, then what would they have now for an O-Line? O-Line picks are only considered "wasted picks" by fantasy football kiddies. Guess what? Andy Reid started his coaching career as an O-Line coach and he understands their value and that Offensive success starts up front.

Also do consider that from 2000 -- 2009, the Chiefs took only one (1) O-Lineman in the top 3 rounds of the draft and how did that work out? After Roaf and Shields retired, from 2007 -- 2012, the Chiefs had the worst record of any team in the AFC and the biggest problem was the O-Line degenerating into nothing.

And speaking of the so-called "exciting picks", I personally find the so-called "exciting pick" that was made with #5 overall pick in 2010, to be about as exciting as a turd floating around in a public swimming pool.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    You've got to kidding. If the Chiefs hadn't drafted Hudson, Allen, Stephenson, Fisher, and Kush recently, then what would they have now for an O-Line? O-Line picks are only considered "wasted picks" by fantasy football kiddies. Guess what? Andy Reid started his coaching career as an O-Line coach and he understands their value and that Offensive success starts up front.

Also do consider that from 2000 -- 2009, the Chiefs took only one (1) O-Lineman in the top 3 rounds of the draft and how did that work out? After Roaf and Shields retired, from 2007 -- 2012, the Chiefs had the worst record of any team in the AFC and the biggest problem was the O-Line degenerating into nothing.

And speaking of the so-called "exciting picks", I personally find the so-called "exciting pick" that was made with #5 overall pick in 2010, to be about as exciting as a turd floating around in a public swimming pool.

Perhaps a better pass blocking line. Most (if not all) of those players you listed are unproven and we have absolutely no idea how they will perform. There has been a lot of discussion about drafting an offensive lineman in the first round (yet again) and that talk should worry us. We have spent 5 picks on offensive lineman in the first 3 rounds since the 2010 draft and our line still is questionable.

Perhaps a better pass blocking line. Most (if not all) of those players you listed are unproven and we have absolutely no idea how they will perform. There has been a lot of discussion about drafting an offensive lineman in the first round (yet again) and that talk should worry us. We have spent 5 picks on offensive lineman in the first 3 rounds since the 2010 draft and our line still is questionable.
    A better pass-blocking line? Is that what they had when Pioli brought in guys like O'Callaghan, Weigmann, Lilja, and Winston? Not by a longshot. All those guys were proven -- proven duds, that is.

At least what they have now is a young developing O-Line with 4 of those 5 guys showing improvement over the 2nd half of the season, and the 5th one showing promise in his first ever start in week 17.

Better get used to the idea of O-Lineman being drafted early and often as long as Dorsey and Reid are around because it is a given. They know that Offensive success starts up front.

brdempsey's case is exactly why I'm inclined to see us trade down for some extra picks.....We can add a lineman or two and still have some picks for positions that make highlight reels.

Please just once, just one freaking time can I be excited about a player we draft. Just please no more o or d line draft picks.
    Yeah..... I am with BrDempsey on this one. But I am also, admittedly, an o-line kinda guy.

For my money, give me great talent on the lines, and I will make superstars of the guys behind them. That system does not really work so well in reverse.

We have wasted pick after pick on the offensive line and it's very possible they could be a mess this year.
    So then, the plan would be to leave the o-line in shambles and allow offensive injuries to dictate our season?

Again, I am with Dempsey. This sounds very much like a fantasy football angle. And this particular fantasy team is going to get destroyed if you can't protect them.

But hey.... Nothing wrong with fantasy football. I play plenty myself.

Good to have you with us.

And don't be too intimidated by Brdempsey. You will find that he is, at times, as FOS as any of the rest of us.

Just be careful pointing it out to him.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    For my money, give me great talent on the lines, and I will make superstars of the guys behind them. That system does not really work so well in reverse.
    Spot on. How many injured QB's and RB's did it take from the start of Herm Edwards tenure to the end of the Pioli fiasco before we figured that one out.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

So then, the plan would be to leave the o-line in shambles and allow offensive injuries to dictate our season?
    That's right. You build from front to back and not the other way around like Pioli did with his 2010 draft farce. The NFL draft isn't about fantasy football.

Yup. A good solid O-line makes even a mediocre offense look great and a solid D-line stuffs the run and takes a lot of heat off your secondary.

Conversely a crappy O-line will make the best weapons look blunt and lame and a weak D-line exposes every weakness your secondary has.

I love the "flash" players like JC and good WRs, but they are going to look pretty lame without a line.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast