Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: If this WR is there at #23.......

Default If this WR is there at #23.......

....then for all those wanting a WR to be drafted at #23, you have to seriously consider this guy, if he's there at #23. You can't coach 4.33 speed and this guy can play in the slot or outside and could force opposing teams to keep a Safety deep at all times. Great character guy who's never missed a game on any level & if he plays in the NFL like he did in college, then he'll add an explosive element to the Chiefs receiving corp that Dex couldn't add. And yes, he can return kicks.

Sam Mellinger of the KC Star has projected the Chiefs to take him at #23 & if we remember what Dorsey said about taking the "best player who is the best fit for the Chiefs", then this guy fits that bill.

There are varying perspectives, of course, on who the Chiefs should take with their top draft pick, but one thing to remember is that the Chiefs most likely won't be able to cover all bases in the 2014 draft and I personally believe it's going to take a combination of this 2014 draft and the 2015 draft to get this team over the hump. With that said, I have to keep an open mind to an explosive play-maker like this guy that has the potential to not only be a game-changer but a season changer, as well. No hero-worship involved with considering this guy. It clearly comes from a football standpoint.

Watch the vid below and post your thoughts.

Ok who is he? Name?

I wouldnt mind landing him here...I just dont think he will make it to us at 23. Another WR that I am particularly high on is Marquise Lee. Most mocks have him going around where we pick and if he is available I think he would be a great fit for us as well. It would be a tough call on who to take is by some miracle both Lee and Cooks were available at 23

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Ok who is he? Name?
    His name is Brandin Cooks...says it on the video

TY for posting that clip, Brd. Usually the speed guys don't like to make catches up the middle, most want to just burn post patterns. This guy looks capable of doing both, and with that speed, could contribute on ST and at the very least take over DMC's spot.

Nevermind I decided to click the link. Yeah he looks like a beast. I think I read somewhere that denver is high on him. If hes there we shoukd take him. If we trade down I dont think he will be there.

Nevermind I decided to click the link. Yeah he looks like a beast. I think I read somewhere that denver is high on him. If hes there we shoukd take him. If we trade down I dont think he will be there.
    Good point about Denver or any other division rival. If Cooks were to wind up with an AFC West rival, the Chiefs don't have any DB's that would be able to cover him one on one for an entire game. To me, Cooks is a great talent that's a great fit for the Chiefs & considering that Tavon Austin went #8 overall last year and is a similar player, then Cooks would be worthy of the Chiefs pick at #23 and like you said, he won't fall out of round 1, as NO and CAR or some other team picking in the next 9 picks is going to take him.

I know about the Defensive needs the Chiefs have, but one can also consider that taking Cooks at #23 does free them up to look heavily at Defensive players with an O-Lineman thrown in there throughout the rest of the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Bortnem View Post
    I wouldnt mind landing him here...I just dont think he will make it to us at 23. Another WR that I am particularly high on is Marquise Lee. Most mocks have him going around where we pick and if he is available I think he would be a great fit for us as well. It would be a tough call on who to take is by some miracle both Lee and Cooks were available at 23
    My leaning would be more towards Cooks if it came down to a choice between Cooks or Lee. Cooks has proved to be more durable and he's faster.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 04-29-2014 at 05:14 PM.

We need speed cuz thats one thing you can't coach. So id take cook over lee. I think bigger wr are easier to find then someone with speed who aw talented as cook. We have enough big wr on our roster already.

We need speed cuz thats one thing you can't coach. So id take cook over lee. I think bigger wr are easier to find then someone with speed who aw talented as cook. We have enough big wr on our roster already.
    I believe that Chip Kelly picking at #22 wants bigger WR's -- hence the release of DeSean Jackson ( plus his salary ) and he might be inclined to take Lee over Cooks. So be it. Plus, I can't overlook Philly possibly wanting Defensive player with their 1st pick and looking at WR in round 2.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 04-29-2014 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I believe that Chip Kelly picking at #22 wants bigger WR's -- hence the release of DeSean Jackson ( plus his salary ) and he might be inclined to take Lee over Cooks. So be it. Plus, I can't overlook Philly possibly wanting Defensive player with their 1st pick and looking at WR in round 2.
    I agree that you cant teach speed and we have our "bigger" wide receivers in Bowe and maybe Hemmingway if he can get more playing time, but Lee isnt that "big" of a WR. He is only 5' 11'' and maybe 200 lbs. Not that Cooks doesnt have good hands, I just like the route running and hands Lee has. Both would be excellent additions to our team. But if it comes down to the two of them, I just hope we draft the one that will help the offense better (whether that be Cooks or Lee) and not sway our 1st round pick on other things like special teams. If we need more special teams help, we can find that later in the draft. Earlier picks need to be for the benefit of the offense or defense.

But like I said, I would be very happy to land either of these, or Odell Beckham Jr as well.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast