Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I didnt entertain the thought...

Default I didnt entertain the thought...

of trading down until last week when several of you thought we should move back and acquire picks. i just think that at #23 we will have a shot at a handful of excellent football players and if we move back we will definately miss out on most of them...cooks, beckham,shazier,mosley, bridgewater,hageman,fuller,lee, sua filo
    however i do love the endless possiblities if we did trade back to jacksonville #39 or ny jets #49 ...all those extra picks in the most talented draft i have even seen...so many positions are 5,6,7 deep its crazy
    i am starting to like some of the prospects who we could draft after the fourth round...players like ot matt patchan from boston college i really like this kid...a couple safeties dez southward and jonathan dowling are two safeties i would add to this roster...please check out these guys let me know what you think
    i have fallen for larry webster de(listed as a te on some draft sites) 6'6 252 runs a 4.58 40...some think he could be the next antonio gates or michael johnson(de)...aaron lynch olb from south florida is a sleeper
    i would like us to draft david yankey(4th) and john urschel (6th) ...urschel is from penn state and i believe he will be a starter for years in the nfl

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Yup. A good solid O-line makes even a mediocre offense look great and a solid D-line stuffs the run and takes a lot of heat off your secondary.

Conversely a crappy O-line will make the best weapons look blunt and lame and a weak D-line exposes every weakness your secondary has.

I love the "flash" players like JC and good WRs, but they are going to look pretty lame without a line.
    In this upcoming draft, I'm not suggesting that the Chiefs go O-Line with their top draft pick. I don't think they will, unless the top 5 WR's are off the board and they feel UCLA Guard Xavier Su'a-Filo is the best player who is the best fit for the Chiefs ( he's an excellent Guard prospect who played some LT and he fits what Andy Reid looks for in O-Lineman ). With their interest in the WR Sanders in FA, it could be that they are leaning towards WR with the top draft pick and perhaps looking at an O-Lineman later on in the draft.

By the same token, I've been hearing for years every time the draft rolls around, the same song being sung by the herd of sheep wearing diapers that are threatening to crap in their diapers, if the Chiefs go O-Line with their top draft pick, and this line of thinking is flat out retarded. Especially give what happened from 2007 -- 2012 due to the degeneration of their O-Line and for those that don't like the thought of drafting O-Lineman early, then they can go join their twin sheep sister Pioli in Atlanta.

I think the better question is do we go oline pr dline with the 1st pick? I would like that de tuiit guy. With manning and rivers in our division I wod go with tuit to generate more pash rush. With him I think we would have the best front 7.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    I think the better question is do we go oline pr dline with the 1st pick? I would like that de tuiit guy. With manning and rivers in our division I wod go with tuit to generate more pash rush. With him I think we would have the best front 7.
    I like Tuitt as well and don't believe that there's a Defensive player in this draft that fits the Chiefs Defense better than he does. If Dorsey is able to pull a trade-down & get an extra pick or two, and still land Tuitt, it would be a great move. Right now it's been said that many are projecting Tuitt as an early 2nd rounder, but who knows? Draft day will tell.

If receivers are a dime a dozen why don't we have one good one??? Draft a writer 1st rd

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    If receivers are a dime a dozen why don't we have one good one??? Draft a writer 1st rd
    Foolish. Very deep draft this year. Trade down, get a couple of extra picks and STILL get a burner in the 2cond round.

Average wr are dime a dozen. If we go 1st rn wr then he should be an elite one. Im not againast taking wr. I kinda like cook myself. I say we take wr cook or de tuitt. I would love to trade back into 2nd and get db jimmy ward as well.

Draft a writer 1st rd
    Draft a writer? Well, I suppose if we could draft Stephen King we could scare those opposing D's into backing off...

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    That's right. You build from front to back and not the other way around like Pioli did with his 2010 draft farce. The NFL draft isn't about fantasy football.

Well, at least Pioli drafted o-line eventually. Which was a huge relief, following Herm's tenure.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Well, at least Pioli drafted o-line eventually. Which was a huge relief, following Herm's tenure.
    He did, but he waited too long. This current regime started right off with O-Line -- wisely, I might add -- and they'll keep stocking that area. I don't believe they will take an O-Lineman in round 1 this year, if there's a playmaker like Brandin Cooks still on the board at #23. I believe they want a WR that can get down the field & force Defenses to play honest.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    True. But the light bulb should've kicked on after he invested 60 mil in Matt Cassel !! Guess those wiretaps got in the way of that one, too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast