Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Webnews: Chiefs sign guard Otis Hudson

Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: Chiefs sign guard Otis Hudson

0 Not allowed!
    By Mike Wilkening
    The Chiefs have added some interior line depth, signing ex-Bengals guard Otis Hudson on Thursday, according to the NFL’s transactions. Hudson (6-5, 330) had stints on the Bengals’ practice squad in the 2010, 2011 and 2012 seasons and was briefly with Cincinnati last summer. He was a fifth-round pick of the Bengals in 2010. The…
    Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 755

0 Not allowed!
    Granted, it's a vanilla signing...But there might be other reasons why he got signed. Check out his background. Similar to Micheal Oher's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otis_Hudson

Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Seems reasonable to me. Smith could certainly use more targets to throw to and then there is cause for concern about Bowe after his performance last season. So a WR seems like a pretty big need this year. I see us having a greater "need" in the secondary than on the D-line but neither is strong enough that it couldn't use some help.

All in all though, I see a WR as our biggest single "need" right now.
    We dont have a de or a fs. If I was going to choose id go with de whocan get to the qb which is the #1 ingredient in stopping manning or any qb. Plus I think it's more likely to find a gem at fs in the later rounds than a de. Unless you can find a younger jared allen that is.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 591
    Given: 774

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    We dont have a de or a fs. If I was going to choose id go with de whocan get to the qb which is the #1 ingredient in stopping manning or any qb. Plus I think it's more likely to find a gem at fs in the later rounds than a de. Unless you can find a younger jared allen that is.
    John Dorsey is thinking the same thought. Here's a quote of his posted today from kcchiefs.com.

"Anytime you can get internal, generate internal pressure with the pass rush, I think that’s critical, because it helps those defensive backs in the secondary as well. So, anytime you can get an interior pass rusher, there is some added value, within that pick."

Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    John Dorsey is thinking the same thought. Here's a quote of his posted today from kcchiefs.com.
    Hmmmm he finally taken my advice. Il have to remember to bill him for the sound advice. Theres hope after all. I think we go tuitt.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 332
    Given: 340

0 Not allowed!
    If the enemy QB is running for his life you can get by with a mediocre secondary but that is a gambling way of life. If the QB get's free of the rush he is going to burn you bad. One way or another, we have to figure out how to hold even the best QBs to less than 5 TDs. Either that or we have to figure out how our offense can win games that go over 40 points per side. Gotta do one or the other.

We lost 2 of 4 games last year where we scored more than 37 points. Can't win the Super Bowl that way.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 591
    Given: 774

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Hmmmm he finally taken my advice. Il have to remember to bill him for the sound advice. Theres hope after all. I think we go tuitt.
    They've got their eye on Tuitt for sure. Tuitt would have some very good veteran mentors that are already in that Defensive Front 7 and D-Line coach Tommy Brasher is one of the best.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12