Thread: chiefs willing to trade flowers away

Hybrid View

Default chiefs willing to trade flowers away

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...randon-flowers

I agree that flowers doesnt fit our scheme but who will take his place? Not sure if we would get good value in return.

No one is going to take on that contract. He’d probably get an R4. Maybe TB’d be interested with Lovie in charge.
    ...in my opinion

People are blowing this story out of proportion. The original source was an article saying the Chefs SHOULD listen to offers. Not that they actively are or are shopping him. I will say that if someone like Tampa that runs a cover 2 wants to give us a R2 or early R3, then I'd listen. The problem would be how confident are you that we have a capable nickel CB to cover the slot WRs? Flowers filled that role most of the season, with Cooper lining up on the outside guy. If we lose flowers for less than an early R3, then we have to fill that role with a draft pick. We can't count on picking up another Cooper off waivers. In my opinion, we would have to drop a 3rd or 4th round pick to have competent person fill the position. I don't think the replacement exists on the roster right now (I may be wrong).

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    People are blowing this story out of proportion. The original source was an article saying the Chefs SHOULD listen to offers. Not that they actively are or are shopping him. I will say that if someone like Tampa that runs a cover 2 wants to give us a R2 or early R3, then I'd listen. The problem would be how confident are you that we have a capable nickel CB to cover the slot WRs? Flowers filled that role most of the season, with Cooper lining up on the outside guy. If we lose flowers for less than an early R3, then we have to fill that role with a draft pick. We can't count on picking up another Cooper off waivers. In my opinion, we would have to drop a 3rd or 4th round pick to have competent person fill the position. I don't think the replacement exists on the roster right now (I may be wrong).
    Where there is smoke there is usually fire? Someone planted the seed that the Chiefs are willing to trade him. I don't like it as I don't think we would ever get a fair pick for him given what we know what he can do, plus the lack of depth at this position to replace him.

That being said, he is very expensive for the production we got from him last year. Same with Eric Berry and Shawn Smith.