Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webnews: So where does Manziel go?

Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: So where does Manziel go?

0 Not allowed!
    By Mike Florio
    With 20 picks gone and Johnny Manziel still available, let’s consider the teams that may take him. At No. 22, could Eagles coach Chip Kelly resist the guy he recruited at Oregon? At No. 23, the Chiefs may need a successor to Alex Smith. The Browns at No. 26 make plenty of sense. At No.…
    Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 430

0 Not allowed!
    I'm guessing Cleveland.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 213
    Given: 58

1 Not allowed!
    He goes to Cleveland where rookie QBs go to die!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

Originally Posted by Name Withheld
    I don't think anything that's what wrong is nearly Smiths Falls we have no offense of line I think the coaches are free to call certain place I think he would absolutely do better with a different office of coordinator

Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 51

0 Not allowed!
    So... thank God for the Cleveland Browns. They jumped in front of us a few years ago and took the Brady Quinn bullet for us and now in 2014, history just repeated itself. I seriously think the Chiefs would've taken Johnny if the Browns didn't. HOOO LEEEE CRAAAAP!!!

Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    So... thank God for the Cleveland Browns. They jumped in front of us a few years ago and took the Brady Quinn bullet for us and now in 2014, history just repeated itself. I seriously think the Chiefs would've taken Johnny if the Browns didn't. HOOO LEEEE CRAAAAP!!!
    I think Dorsey is smarter than that. If the Browns hadn't taken Johnny, I think Dorsey would have found someone to trade back with who wanted him rather than take him. The Browns may have cost us an extra pick, but if we traded back we might not have gotten Dee Ford, so it's all good.

I don't think anything that's what wrong is nearly Smiths Falls we have no offense of line I think the coaches are free to call certain place I think he would absolutely do better with a different office of coordinator

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I think Dorsey is smarter than that. If the Browns hadn't taken Johnny, I think Dorsey would have found someone to trade back with who wanted him rather than take him. The Browns may have cost us an extra pick, but if we traded back we might not have gotten Dee Ford, so it's all good.
    Dorsey isn't the only guy in that war room. Reid was probably salivating at the prospect of having Manziel in his backfield. He fits exactly what Reid is looking for in a QB... someone mobile who can create outside of the pocket and become another offensive weapon. I'm sure the Eagles called the Chiefs and gave them a chance to move up to 22 and the fact that they didn't make the move, in my mind anyway, speaks volumes to what they feel they have in Tyler Bray.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Dorsey isn't the only guy in that war room. Reid was probably salivating at the prospect of having Manziel in his backfield. He fits exactly what Reid is looking for in a QB... someone mobile who can create outside of the pocket and become another offensive weapon. I'm sure the Eagles called the Chiefs and gave them a chance to move up to 22 and the fact that they didn't make the move, in my mind anyway, speaks volumes to what they feel they have in Tyler Bray.
    You could be right, but I don't think there was any truth to the rumor that the Chiefs were considering taking a QB. I think they floated that rumor to try and get a team to trade up with them (and put pressure on Smith's agent) but few teams were willing to give up draft picks to move up this year.

Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    You could be right, but I don't think there was any truth to the rumor that the Chiefs were considering taking a QB. I think they floated that rumor to try and get a team to trade up with them (and put pressure on Smith's agent) but few teams were willing to give up draft picks to move up this year.
    Floating that rumor defies that logic. Saying you're interested in taking a QB doesn't boost YOUR pick, it boosts the value for the picks in front of you... (see Eagles at #22) You can't really do or say anything to boost the value of your own pick... you have to rely on the teams around you to float rumors to boost your pick. The negotiations with Alex Smith have broken down. If the guy they wanted had fallen to them, I think they would have taken a QB... or, like I said... they could be happy with what they've got in Bray.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 382
    Given: 74

0 Not allowed!
    I was really hoping Manziel would get to us. He may be a spoiled rich kid but IMO he has a big upside if he can reach his potential and not get hurt. Those of course are big ifs but sometimes there's a risk worth taking. IMO he was it.

Outside of that it would have opened a lot of doors for us. Cleveland and the Vikes were both wanting to trade up and get him. If we drafted him there is no rule that says we have to keep him. We could have made out with our 2nd rounder and then some. Lets say we get him trade him to Cleveland for 26th and a 2nd rounder. Manziel would have given us so many options and I think that gets lost in the fact that he's a spoil rich kid.

But that's all a moot point now. He will be with the Browns and we will see how that works out. I still think the Browns had the best night of anyone. They got the CB they wanted while picking up a 1st rounder next year. And they got the QB they wanted without giving up that 1st rounder. That's a damn good night Ray Farmer is off to a good start with them. That is of course assuming they were right in their picks. Time will tell.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Floating that rumor defies that logic. Saying you're interested in taking a QB doesn't boost YOUR pick, it boosts the value for the picks in front of you... (see Eagles at #22) You can't really do or say anything to boost the value of your own pick... you have to rely on the teams around you to float rumors to boost your pick.
    I'm not following your logic. If the Vikings, for example, thought we were going to take Teddy Bridgewater (who was still on the board when we picked) wouldn't they be more likely to trade up with us, and give us better value than if they knew we had no interest in a QB?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast