Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Webnews: Chiefs draft Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray in the fif

Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 30

Post Webnews: Chiefs draft Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray in the fif

0 Not allowed!
    By Michael David Smith
    Aaron Murray, a prolific passer at Georgia who saw his draft stock decline when he tore his ACL late in his senior year, has landed in Kansas City. The Chiefs selected Murray with a fifth-round pick in the 2014 NFL draft, No. 163 overall. Murray looks like a good fit for Chiefs coach Andy Reid’s…
    Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 61
    Given: 122

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Not comparison in skills. Completely different people and players. I was referring to the unecessary constant coverage and distraction based the person alone, regardless of their production on the field. It already started with the draft and special reports with where will he be selected. Tebow was one of the most loved Running backs in the NFL. Manziel is already getting that press and he has the ego to look for that attention.
    Michael Sam is closer to the Tebow media than Manziel
    Last edited by doobs_05; 05-16-2014 at 07:14 PM.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 61
    Given: 122

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    That doesn't make Alex Smith a scapegoat for the Indy playoff loss, like some would make him out to be. He played far above anyone's expectations.

I'm not trying to say alex was the problem. The whole offense just stopped producing.

It's like when people tried to say 49ers lost that NFC title game to the giants because of the Returner but the offense was what... 0 for 11 on 3rd downs.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 662
    Given: 822

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    I'm not trying to say alex was the problem. The whole offense just stopped producing.

It's like when people tried to say 49ers lost that NFC title game to the giants because of the Returner but the offense was what... 0 for 11 on 3rd downs.
    They did lose because of the fumbled punts. Those were the deciding factor. It put the Giants Offense in point-blank scoring range. If he doesn't fumble the punts the chances of the Giants getting those deciding points is decreased quite significantly.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 276
    Given: 873

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I think the Chiefs were hoping Maziel fell to them just so they could trade back. If they actually drafted him, I would have lost all respect for this regime. I fully expect him to follow the career path of Brady Quinn but much more immmature and dristracting. He will be the next Tim Tebow.
    Definitely agree about if Manziel would've fallen to the Chiefs...The phones would've been ringing with good offers.

The problem with Manziel is this, he's a great college QB, but he was in a situation in Texas where he had a WR squad that could bail him out when he couldn't scramble, after the plays broke down. If he'd come to KC, we'd be putting our 1st round draft picks' future in the hands of Bowe and Avery, who didn't show any urgency to get to an open area or at least scramble in the same direction of the QB when the play broke down. Also, he'd be hitting the books trying to figure out Andy Reid's offense. As good as Manziel is (if Cleveland is patient with putting together an offense that fits him, they'll be competitive) he wasn't a great fit for the Chiefs.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 369
    Given: 428

0 Not allowed!
    Well....Time to pish everybody off. I think Manziel could look pretty good in Reid's offense. I also think Bray and Murray can look pretty good in Reid's offense. And we know that Daniel can look pretty good in Reid's offense. He certainly did against San Diego with mostly our starters on the bench.

In fact, I believe almost ANY quarterback who has high intelligence, a good work and study ethic and the athletic ability to tuck the ball and run when that is needed can look pretty good in Reid's offense. Give him some better receivers and tight ends than we have now and I think almost any QB on our roster now can look pretty damned good.

Bray and Murray are question marks because we don't really know about their maturity and work ethic, but their is no doubt in my mind that both have the athletic ability to look pretty good in Reid's offense.

I have doubts about Manzeil's ability to work with Reid because I suspect Manzeil has narcisism issues and Reid's offense is not one that makes the QB the center of attention. Reid's offense (at least IMO) is one that makes the QB an important part of a team effort rather than a stand alone superstar.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!
    He is going to end up a 10-14 year starter for the Chiefs. Might be the best pick in my life besides Dontari Poe. Loved it. SIt a year and then boom domination.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 369
    Given: 428

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lineup Dough View Post
    He is going to end up a 10-14 year starter for the Chiefs. Might be the best pick in my life besides Dontari Poe. Loved it. SIt a year and then boom domination.
    I think that is optimistic, but I'd be thrilled if you were correct.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 662
    Given: 822

2 Not allowed!
    Well, since this thread is about Murray and that he is now a Chief, it'll be up to Reid and the rest of the coaches to help him. Murray won't be another Joe Montana because Montana is incomparable and one of a kind. However, I do think Murray does compare very well to the guy in the picture below, whom Andy Reid said he wanted to get the next one of.

len_dawson_1970_01_04.jpg

That's right, Len Dawson. If Murray pans out like Dawson did, nobody can complain.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314