Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Webnews: Chiefs draft Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray in the fif

Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: Chiefs draft Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray in the fif

0 Not allowed!
    By Michael David Smith
    Aaron Murray, a prolific passer at Georgia who saw his draft stock decline when he tore his ACL late in his senior year, has landed in Kansas City. The Chiefs selected Murray with a fifth-round pick in the 2014 NFL draft, No. 163 overall. Murray looks like a good fit for Chiefs coach Andy Reid’s…
    Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 88
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!
    I like bray over murray. And I like them both over daniels.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 181
    Given: 51

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I don't think there's any way they expose Murray. Bottom line in a stronger draft they felt good enough about Murray to draft him. They didn't feel good enough about Bray to draft him. That is a factor. Bray had some good moments in the preseasoon last year. I think people are making to much of that. Lots of guys have looked good against other teams 3s and 4s. I think Bray is going to be the odd man out
    The ONLY knock on Bray was his maturity... THAT'S IT. You're telling me a prototype QB is a discardable commodity now? Not likely.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 392
    Given: 75

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    The ONLY knock on Bray was his maturity... THAT'S IT. You're telling me a prototype QB is a discardable commodity now? Not likely.
    I just don't see the same potential in Bray as most on here I guess. Lots of guys have been built as the prototype qb and not worked. The fact that Bray in one of the weakest drafts there has been in years went undrafted tells me there's not a lot more the maturity. If he had that much potential then someone in that draft would have taken him IMO. But time will tell

Thumbs Up
    Received: 581
    Given: 771

2 Not allowed!
    I just don't see the same potential in Bray as most on here I guess. Lots of guys have been built as the prototype qb and not worked. The fact that Bray in one of the weakest drafts there has been in years went undrafted tells me there's not a lot more the maturity. If he had that much potential then someone in that draft would have taken him IMO. But time will tell
    It was Bray's off-the-field incidents and maturity that pushed him out of the draft in 2013. If he had stayed clean, he would have been a 3rd rounder at minimum in 2013. I don't see Murray pushing him off the roster, as Bray has the better physical tools & many had lauded him as Tennessee's best QB since Manning.

I doesn't matter that Murray was drafted and Bray wasn't. It's what they do in KC that counts, once they get there. Murray wasn't drafted because the Chiefs are displeased with Bray or because Bray isn't making any progress. Murray was drafted as a hedge against the possibility of Alex Smith not returning after 2014.

TC is right. Bray is not going anywhere. Daniels is probably the odd man out very shortly. Bray's upside is way too high & they'd be fools to let him go without giving him a fair shake.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    I will agree to disagree

The thing that I come back to is that there have been a lot of guys that have had off the field issues that have been drafted. Hell Manziel has off the field and mauturity issues and was still a 1st round pick in a much stronger draft. If teams see the potential in a guy to outweigh the problems someone would have taken him in the later rounds. No one did. I think that a lot of Chiefs fans are overhyping Bray based off the preseason last season. That's just me. I just don't see him on the roster week 1. But time will tell

Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!
    I will agree to disagree

The thing that I come back to is that there have been a lot of guys that have had off the field issues that have been drafted. Hell Manziel has off the field and mauturity issues and was still a 1st round pick in a much stronger draft. If teams see the potential in a guy to outweigh the problems someone would have taken him in the later rounds. No one did. I think that a lot of Chiefs fans are overhyping Bray based off the preseason last season. That's just me. I just don't see him on the roster week 1. But time will tell
    His ability to see the field & throw the football isn't hype. He WAS pushed out of the draft for pretty much the same reasons that the LB Burfict was the year before -- both got into trouble with the authorities and that will get you pushed down to undrafted status. In both cases it had nothing to do with their playing skills.

Bray himself said that getting undrafted was a real eye-opener and he had to eat humble pie. He's been a model citizen since & even recently got engaged. Murray is not going to push him off the roster & he's arriving as damaged goods. I wouldn't be surprised if Murray gets stashed on IR for this year. Letting Bray go this soon would be a horrendous mistake & it's Daniel that should be the first to go, as he has no chance to be a #1 starter.

I had said before that Bray had turned in the best pre-season performance of any Chiefs rookie QB I'd ever seen and that's not hype, that's truth and in the judgement of many, he's earned the right to warrant a further look and be given time to mature.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    His ability to see the field & throw the football isn't hype. He WAS pushed out of the draft for pretty much the same reasons that the LB Burfict was the year before -- both got into trouble with the authorities and that will get you pushed down to undrafted status. In both cases it had nothing to do with their playing skills.

Bray himself said that getting undrafted was a real eye-opener and he had to eat humble pie. He's been a model citizen since & even recently got engaged. Murray is not going to push him off the roster & he's arriving as damaged goods. I wouldn't be surprised if Murray gets stashed on IR for this year. Letting Bray go this soon would be a horrendous mistake & it's Daniel that should be the first to go, as he has no chance to be a #1 starter.

I had said before that Bray had turned in the best pre-season performance of any Chiefs rookie QB I'd ever seen and that's not hype, that's truth and in the judgement of many, he's earned the right to warrant a further look and be given time to mature.
    Maybe I'm making to much of him going undrafted but I've seen so many guys with off the field issues get drafted that I just feel there has to be something more to it. Hell there were guys who failed drug test this year that got drafted in high rounds. To me at QB if a team saw something in Bray that they felt he could have been something IMO they would have taken him.

As for the preseason Yeah he looked good. But he wasn't going against 1s or even 2s very often. There have been so many preseason wonders over the years that I just don't to caught up in that. I just think to many are overrating that.

I'm not saying Bray can't be good Or that he has no chance. But I just think that week 1 he won't be on the roster unless they do go the IR rout on Murray to give him a year to fix his knee. But ACL injuries are not as bad for a career as they use to be due to the advances in medical care.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Maybe I'm making to much of him going undrafted but I've seen so many guys with off the field issues get drafted that I just feel there has to be something more to it. Hell there were guys who failed drug test this year that got drafted in high rounds. To me at QB if a team saw something in Bray that they felt he could have been something IMO they would have taken him.

As for the preseason Yeah he looked good. But he wasn't going against 1s or even 2s very often. There have been so many preseason wonders over the years that I just don't to caught up in that. I just think to many are overrating that.

I'm not saying Bray can't be good Or that he has no chance. But I just think that week 1 he won't be on the roster unless they do go the IR rout on Murray to give him a year to fix his knee. But ACL injuries are not as bad for a career as they use to be due to the advances in medical care.
    The thing is that all the previous guys that they drafted were also NOT going up against 1's or 2's in their preseason games in their rookie seasons and they showed next to nothing throughout those pre-seasons.

It would be foolish to let Bray go this early & would be better to keep him on the roster for at least 3 seasons to make a better assessment of whether or not he's going to be the guy.

Bray's skillset is similar to that of Nick Foles & there was talk of Philly possibly letting Foles go in the 2013 offseason & they even drafted Matt Barkley and had Vick. You can bet that now that Philly is glad they didn't let Foles go, but instead gave him a fair chance and the Chiefs need to do the same with Bray. It may take Bray an extra year to arrive, but keeping him around for 3 years to find out is the better way to go.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    The thing is that all the previous guys that they drafted were also NOT going up against 1's or 2's in their preseason games in their rookie seasons and they showed next to nothing throughout those pre-seasons.
    Well lets be real for a moment here. Those other QBs never panned out. Just because he looked a lot better then them doesn't mean all that much IMO.

It would be foolish to let Bray go this early & would be better to keep him on the roster for at least 3 seasons to make a better assessment of whether or not he's going to be the guy.

Bray's skillset is similar to that of Nick Foles & there was talk of Philly possibly letting Foles go in the 2013 offseason & they even drafted Matt Barkley and had Vick. You can bet that now that Philly is glad they didn't let Foles go, but instead gave him a fair chance and the Chiefs need to do the same with Bray. It may take Bray an extra year to arrive, but keeping him around for 3 years to find out is the better way to go.
    I disagree.

It all depends on what he has shown the Chiefs in his time in KC. If he hasn't shown much then by all means cut him. You can't just sit there with a guy on a roster for 3 years if he hasn't shown much. That would just be a waste of a roster spot.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Well lets be real for a moment here. Those other QBs never panned out. Just because he looked a lot better then them doesn't mean all that much IMO.
    The difference was you could tell right away those other guys were going nowhere. At least Bray showed there's a chance that he can become very good.

I disagree.

It all depends on what he has shown the Chiefs in his time in KC. If he hasn't shown much then by all means cut him. You can't just sit there with a guy on a roster for 3 years if he hasn't shown much. That would just be a waste of a roster spot.
    That's like saying the Packers should have cut Aaron Rodgers because he never really beat Brett Favre out for the starting job in 2005 -- 2007. What did Rodgers show those first 3 years that gave anyone a clue that he was going to be a good QB, other than what he may have flashed in the pre-season? Rodgers had the job handed to him when Favre left in 2008 & it worked out for them.

It's Chase Daniel that may prove to be wasting a roster spot by the end of this upcoming pre-season and maybe they can trade him to somebody for a player at another position.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast