Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Webnews: Chiefs draft Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray in the fif

Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: Chiefs draft Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray in the fif

0 Not allowed!
    By Michael David Smith
    Aaron Murray, a prolific passer at Georgia who saw his draft stock decline when he tore his ACL late in his senior year, has landed in Kansas City. The Chiefs selected Murray with a fifth-round pick in the 2014 NFL draft, No. 163 overall. Murray looks like a good fit for Chiefs coach Andy Reid’s…
    Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 181
    Given: 51

0 Not allowed!
    Personally, I would have a pretty big problem just cutting Bray. He has value. If he's not a Chief in 2014, he needs to be traded... not released or exposed to waivers. The Chiefs will be making some FA moves over the summer to try and plug some holes. I think releasing Daniel is the best option because it would free up a little money that could be used in such a fashion. Hell, I'd even sign Smith to a 1 or 2 year extension and let Bray and Murray sit behind Smith a la Aaron Rogers. Let Smith show these guys how to be a pro and be successful in Reid's system, then let the best QB play for a vastly reduced salary than what you're paying Smith.

We'll see how it goes, but there were calls from the KC media pushing for Bray to be #2 in 2013 instead of Daniel. I think that's saying something. Murray could have been drafted just because the Chiefs don't want to be paying their #3 QB $3+m/yr. Something to think about.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 395
    Given: 76

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    The difference was you could tell right away those other guys were going nowhere. At least Bray showed there's a chance that he can become very good.
    Very ture. But like I said there have been many preseason next big things that have gone the other way. I was just saying I don't put a large amount of stock into it.

That's like saying the Packers should have cut Aaron Rodgers because he never really beat Brett Favre out for the starting job in 2005 -- 2007. What did Rodgers show those first 3 years that gave anyone a clue that he was going to be a good QB, other than what he may have flashed in the pre-season? Rodgers had the job handed to him when Favre left in 2008 & it worked out for them.

It's Chase Daniel that may prove to be wasting a roster spot by the end of this upcoming pre-season and maybe they can trade him to somebody for a player at another position.
    Not exactly

Rodgers first of all was much highly thought of then Bray. He was thought of being worth a first rounder.

Besides that. There are lots of ways for a QB to show a team that they are getting better.. They get time in practice to show coaches something.They will get time in camps and workouts to show something. Things that we as fans don't get to see much of but the coaches do. If Bray hasn't shown any growth in those then keeping him would just be a waste of a spot IMO

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Personally, I would have a pretty big problem just cutting Bray. He has value. If he's not a Chief in 2014, he needs to be traded... not released or exposed to waivers. The Chiefs will be making some FA moves over the summer to try and plug some holes. I think releasing Daniel is the best option because it would free up a little money that could be used in such a fashion. Hell, I'd even sign Smith to a 1 or 2 year extension and let Bray and Murray sit behind Smith a la Aaron Rogers. Let Smith show these guys how to be a pro and be successful in Reid's system, then let the best QB play for a vastly reduced salary than what you're paying Smith.

We'll see how it goes, but there were calls from the KC media pushing for Bray to be #2 in 2013 instead of Daniel. I think that's saying something. Murray could have been drafted just because the Chiefs don't want to be paying their #3 QB $3+m/yr. Something to think about.
    It's easy to say that they should trade Bray actually doing so would be diffrent.

For Bray to get any real Value he's really going to have to put on a show this preseason. If he's able to do that then I would say Daniel would be the odd man out.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 181
    Given: 51

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    It's easy to say that they should trade Bray actually doing so would be diffrent.

For Bray to get any real Value he's really going to have to put on a show this preseason. If he's able to do that then I would say Daniel would be the odd man out.
    All Bray needs to do is at least be comparable to Daniel during the summer and preseason. He doesn't have a $3m salary. If Bray is anywhere near being as productive as Daniel, Chase is gone. Again, many people were saying Bray outperformed Daniel last preseason. Daniel had a good showing against SD in week 17. Maybe the Chiefs can get a 7th round pick or something for him as we head into training camp.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 138

0 Not allowed!
    The ONLY knock on Bray was his maturity... THAT'S IT. You're telling me a prototype QB is a discardable commodity now? Not likely.
    His maturity and on field decision making. He would often make bad throw into traffic for no reason.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

0 Not allowed!
    The ONLY knock on Bray was his maturity... THAT'S IT. You're telling me a prototype QB is a discardable commodity now? Not likely.
    If you ignore his immobility, poor decision making, sloppy mechanics, and intermediate accuracy issues, then yeah...his only knock is his maturity. Quarterbacks struggling to complete 60% of their passes in college typically have real issues in the pros.

Always liked this read...not the gospel, but definite trends relevant in the data.

He's got a big arm, but he's far from a polished QB prospect.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 05-12-2014 at 11:16 PM.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    If you ignore his immobility, poor decision making, sloppy mechanics, and intermediate accuracy issues, then yeah...his only knock is his maturity. Quarterbacks struggling to complete 60% of their passes in college typically have real issues in the pros.

Always liked this read...not the gospel, but definite trends relevant in the data.

He's got a big arm, but he's far from a polished QB prospect.
    Those things along with the off the field stuff would lead to a guy going undrafted and makes more sense to me.

I don't get into college football to much but I do watch a lot of it and get a lot of SEC games. I can't say I ever was impressed with Bray. Murray on the other hand I've had my eye on for a while now. He just stood out to me more. But time will tell how he works out in the NFL. He is not a proven guy either. But I still have a feeling that Bray will be off the roster one way or anther by week 1.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Those things along with the off the field stuff would lead to a guy going undrafted and makes more sense to me.

I don't get into college football to much but I do watch a lot of it and get a lot of SEC games. I can't say I ever was impressed with Bray. Murray on the other hand I've had my eye on for a while now. He just stood out to me more. But time will tell how he works out in the NFL. He is not a proven guy either. But I still have a feeling that Bray will be off the roster one way or anther by week 1.
    Don't get me wrong at all...I hope Bray or Murray becomes a cheap QBOTF, but the former is being vastly overrated on here in terms of his NFL readiness and actual ability.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 116
    Given: 4

1 Not allowed!
    It was Bray's off-the-field incidents and maturity that pushed him out of the draft in 2013. If he had stayed clean, he would have been a 3rd rounder at minimum in 2013. I don't see Murray pushing him off the roster, as Bray has the better physical tools & many had lauded him as Tennessee's best QB since Manning.

I doesn't matter that Murray was drafted and Bray wasn't. It's what they do in KC that counts, once they get there. Murray wasn't drafted because the Chiefs are displeased with Bray or because Bray isn't making any progress. Murray was drafted as a hedge against the possibility of Alex Smith not returning after 2014.

TC is right. Bray is not going anywhere. Daniels is probably the odd man out very shortly. Bray's upside is way too high & they'd be fools to let him go without giving him a fair shake.
    What is everyone basing this off... What has Bray done for anyone to make any logical argument that Bray is better than Murray or the one to stay on the roster. He was not drafted because he was horrible in his interviews. Many said, that he was physically gifted but to stupid to be an NFL Qb. He has not played a single down in the NFL yet he is better than a guy the Chiefs felt was worth actually drafting when there was other need. Clearly, the Chiefs would be the ones who knows what Bray is.

Now I am not saying he is garbage, but he has shown nothing for anyone to make the opinion that he is better than Murray or Daniel.

Now purely speaking for contract issues, I would think Daniel is the odd man out, but I would hate to let Daniel go if things with Alex never comes to terms leaving us only Bray and Murray next year. Neither one of them have proved anything, while Daniel actually has proved he is a viable back up.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 46

0 Not allowed!
    However this all pans out, it sure is nice to have 4 decent QB's (1 proven) on the roster with some upside. When was the last time we could say that?
    SHUT IT

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast