Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Webnews: Chiefs draft Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray in the fif

Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: Chiefs draft Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray in the fif

0 Not allowed!
    By Michael David Smith
    Aaron Murray, a prolific passer at Georgia who saw his draft stock decline when he tore his ACL late in his senior year, has landed in Kansas City. The Chiefs selected Murray with a fifth-round pick in the 2014 NFL draft, No. 163 overall. Murray looks like a good fit for Chiefs coach Andy Reid’s…
    Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 581
    Given: 772

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    What is everyone basing this off... What has Bray done for anyone to make any logical argument that Bray is better than Murray or the one to stay on the roster. He was not drafted because he was horrible in his interviews. Many said, that he was physically gifted but to stupid to be an NFL Qb. He has not played a single down in the NFL yet he is better than a guy the Chiefs felt was worth actually drafting when there was other need. Clearly, the Chiefs would be the ones who knows what Bray is.

Now I am not saying he is garbage, but he has shown nothing for anyone to make the opinion that he is better than Murray or Daniel.

Now purely speaking for contract issues, I would think Daniel is the odd man out, but I would hate to let Daniel go if things with Alex never comes to terms leaving us only Bray and Murray next year. Neither one of them have proved anything, while Daniel actually has proved he is a viable back up.
    Until he proves otherwise, I have reasonable suspicion to believe that Murray is just another Stanzi and/or Croyle.

As for Bray being knocked for being stupid, I recall same knock being put on Terry Bradshaw and as the 1st TB coach John McKay said "I'd love to have a QB dumb enough to lead my team to 4 SB wins".

As for Bray not showing anything, many who saw the preseason final last year would differ. It was more like Daniel doing nothing to show he was better than Bray throughout the preseason.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Got to love this quote from the article:

"As a Bronco fan I have no clue what Elway is doing. He must find a replacement for the choke artist he has at QB."
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 05-13-2014 at 11:55 AM.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 115
    Given: 4

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Until he proves otherwise, I have reasonable suspicion to believe that Murray is just another Stanzi and/or Croyle.

As for Bray being knocked for being stupid, I recall same knock being put on Terry Bradshaw and as the 1st TB coach John McKay said "I'd love to have a QB dumb enough to lead my team to 4 SB wins".

As for Bray not showing anything, many who saw the preseason final last year would differ. It was more like Daniel doing nothing to show he was better than Bray throughout the preseason.
    Murray, was considered by some as the #1 Qb in the draft last year if he came out and definately a top 3 QB but he elected to go back to school and got hurt.

Again, I am not knocking Bray but we have seen nothing to make the opinion either for or against, except for the fact the Chiefs went and possibly drafted his replacement. They are the only people who truly have seen enough of him to make an fair opinion. I think Murray is potentionally a very good QB specially given a year to develop and heal. He is definately not a Stanzi or Croyle but again, he has also done nothing in the NFL for us to get a read on just as Bray hasn't. There is nothing to Say Bray is not another Stanzi other than he beat out Stanzi for a roster spot but did not take the back up role from Daniel.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Murray, was considered by some as the #1 Qb in the draft last year if he came out and definately a top 3 QB but he elected to go back to school and got hurt.

Again, I am not knocking Bray but we have seen nothing to make the opinion either for or against, except for the fact the Chiefs went and possibly drafted his replacement. They are the only people who truly have seen enough of him to make an fair opinion. I think Murray is potentionally a very good QB specially given a year to develop and heal. He is definately not a Stanzi or Croyle but again, he has also done nothing in the NFL for us to get a read on just as Bray hasn't. There is nothing to Say Bray is not another Stanzi other than he beat out Stanzi for a roster spot but did not take the back up role from Daniel.
    What Bray or Murray did in college is completely irrelevant. It's what they do in KC that counts. I've seen this scenario well over a dozen times where the Chiefs drafted QB's who were great in college, but completely flubbed once they got to KC.

And Daniel was anointed the #2 QB, as soon as he signed on and that wasn't going to change in 2013, regardless of how well a 1st-yr QB showed in the preseason. Bray was a 21-year rookie and it was universally known he was going to need at least 2 to 3 years to develop and mature -- same as Murray will. Daniel isn't a lock for the #2 this year, however, and I'm inclined to believe Murray was drafted with Daniel's displacement in mind, more so than Bray. Daniel is just signed to a 3-yr deal & unless by some fat chance he proves he can be the #1 guy for the Chiefs, then he won't be around after that 3-yr deal expires.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    What Bray or Murray did in college is completely irrelevant. It's what they do in KC that counts. I've seen this scenario well over a dozen times where the Chiefs drafted QB's who were great in college, but completely flubbed once they got to KC.

And Daniel was anointed the #2 QB, as soon as he signed on and that wasn't going to change in 2013, regardless of how well a 1st-yr QB showed in the preseason. Bray was a 21-year rookie and it was universally known he was going to need at least 2 to 3 years to develop and mature -- same as Murray will. Daniel isn't a lock for the #2 this year, however, and I'm inclined to believe Murray was drafted with Daniel's displacement in mind, more so than Bray. Daniel is just signed to a 3-yr deal & unless by some fat chance he proves he can be the #1 guy for the Chiefs, then he won't be around after that 3-yr deal expires.
    What has Bray done to give you this strong of a biased opinion other than not play to prove he is better or worse than any QB on this team. My point is, only the Chiefs can trully give a true opinion and they just drafted a QB. So either Bray is not what you think he is, and they drafted Murray. Or they are very high on both Murray and Bray and either Daniel or Smith are potentionally replaced.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    What has Bray done to give you this strong of a biased opinion other than not play to prove he is better or worse than any QB on this team. My point is, only the Chiefs can trully give a true opinion and they just drafted a QB. So either Bray is not what you think he is, and they drafted Murray. Or they are very high on both Murray and Bray and either Daniel or Smith are potentionally replaced.
    Bray's showing in the final preseason game was the best of any rookie QB I've ever seen playing in the pre-season in their 1st year with the Chiefs -- hands down. If that didn't convince you of Bray's potential, then you weren't paying attention.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Bray's showing in the final preseason game was the best of any rookie QB I've ever seen playing in the pre-season in their 1st year with the Chiefs -- hands down. If that didn't convince you of Bray's potential, then you weren't paying attention.
    I have to see it against starters before I get to excited. Again, I am not against Bray. I like him and want to keep him. I don't know where the Chiefs are going with this pick and I have a feeling a decision is going to be made that upsets a good amount of fans. I just can't give a valid opinion in favor or against Bray or Murray before making strong statements that one is better than the other. Based on the current drafting of Murray, I have to think the Chiefs like Murray. What does that mean for Bray, I have no clue but there is no factual proof that Bray is better than Murray or Factual proof to say he isn't.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 394
    Given: 75

0 Not allowed!
    I have to see it against starters before I get to excited. Again, I am not against Bray. I like him and want to keep him. I don't know where the Chiefs are going with this pick and I have a feeling a decision is going to be made that upsets a good amount of fans. I just can't give a valid opinion in favor or against Bray or Murray before making strong statements that one is better than the other. Based on the current drafting of Murray, I have to think the Chiefs like Murray. What does that mean for Bray, I have no clue but there is no factual proof that Bray is better than Murray or Factual proof to say he isn't.
    THIS

It's one thing to do it against 2s and 3s in the preseason. It's anther to do it when it counts. Bray looked good in preseason Ok that's great. But it doesn't mean much. It gets people excited for sure but that has happened to many qbs that have never done anything. I think people get to caught up in that preseason outing. If he shows it against stronger competition then hell yeah give him his shot. But until then he's just anther guy who looked good going against backups.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    ^^The point being missed here is that none of the QB's that the Chiefs have ever drafted looked good going against 2's or 3's in the pre-season and if they DON'T look good going against 2's and 3's, then they don't stand a chance of ever looking good going up against 1's.

Common sense, I would think.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 394
    Given: 75

0 Not allowed!
    ^^The point being missed here is that none of the QB's that the Chiefs have ever drafted looked good going against 2's or 3's in the pre-season and if they DON'T look good going against 2's and 3's, then they don't stand a chance of ever looking good going up against 1's.

Common sense, I would think.
    The point isn't being missed at all.

It's just as you have even stated the QBs we have drafted haven't been good. So he looks better then guys we know have failed. It's still against backups and the point still stands that there have been many guys who in the preseason have looked good and never made it as a starter. Hell if you went by preseason Ryan Leaf looked like the sure thing compared to Peyton Manning in there first preseason. Looking good in the preseason is nice and all but people make to much out of it.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast