Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Webnews: Chiefs draft Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray in the fif

Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: Chiefs draft Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray in the fif

0 Not allowed!
    By Michael David Smith
    Aaron Murray, a prolific passer at Georgia who saw his draft stock decline when he tore his ACL late in his senior year, has landed in Kansas City. The Chiefs selected Murray with a fifth-round pick in the 2014 NFL draft, No. 163 overall. Murray looks like a good fit for Chiefs coach Andy Reid’s…
    Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 586
    Given: 773

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    The point isn't being missed at all.

It's just as you have even stated the QBs we have drafted haven't been good. So he looks better then guys we know have failed. It's still against backups and the point still stands that there have been many guys who in the preseason have looked good and never made it as a starter. Hell if you went by preseason Ryan Leaf looked like the sure thing compared to Peyton Manning in there first preseason. Looking good in the preseason is nice and all but people make to much out of it.
    Leaf was a guy who imploded in his 3rd regular season game and just flat out quit. He's not a good example at all.

You're essentially telling me that Murray's college stats are enough to cast Bray aside and that Bray shouldn't be given a fair chance, just because the Chiefs spent a draft pick on Murray and Bray was undrafted. Sorry, but that is illogical. Murray is damaged goods. Bray is fully fit and healthy and has the better physical tools. Bray's biggest question is how quickly he'll learn Andy Reid's Offense and fine-tune his game. His upside has never been questioned and it's still higher than Murray's regardless of what happened in college.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 400
    Given: 78

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Leaf was a guy who imploded in his 3rd regular season game and just flat out quit. He's not a good example at all.

You're essentially telling me that Murray's college stats are enough to cast Bray aside and that Bray shouldn't be given a fair chance, just because the Chiefs spent a draft pick on Murray and Bray was undrafted. Sorry, but that is illogical. Murray is damaged goods. Bray is fully fit and healthy and has the better physical tools. Bray's biggest question is how quickly he'll learn Andy Reid's Offense and fine-tune his game. His upside has never been questioned and it's still higher than Murray's regardless of what happened in college.
    I'm not saying that at all. I'm just predicting what I think will happen. I think Murray will push Bray out. I'm just not as high on Bray as you are.

I'm high on Murray as I've stated. I watched a lot of him and Bray in college. Murray excited me Bray didn't. You're right that really means nothing right now, But I think the same will happen in the pros. Time will tell. But if Bray does do better the Murray then Murray clearly won't push him out. I'm just predicting what I think will happen.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    And to better explain my preseason point

If I were to point to a QB prospect and say they are better then Brodie Croyle and Ricky Stanzi would that get anyone excited.

Yes Bray looked better then them but that's not exactly saying a whole lot.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 586
    Given: 773

0 Not allowed!
    And to better explain my preseason point

If I were to point to a QB prospect and say they are better then Brodie Croyle and Ricky Stanzi would that get anyone excited.

Yes Bray looked better then them but that's not exactly saying a whole lot.
    That's not what I said. I said Bray looked better than ALL of the QB's that they drafted did in their preseason appearances in their rookie campaigns. That's going back to 1970 and that's just how bad it's been for drafted QB's in KC.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    That's not what I said. I said Bray looked better than ALL of the QB's that they drafted did in their preseason appearances in their rookie campaigns. That's going back to 1970 and that's just how bad it's been for drafted QB's in KC.
    I know that I was just using the 2 most recent examples. As I'm to lazy to look up the others LOL Saying that he looked better then bad QBS just isn't saying much

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

0 Not allowed!
    I'm not saying that at all. I'm just predicting what I think will happen. I think Murray will push Bray out. I'm just not as high on Bray as you are.

I'm high on Murray as I've stated. I watched a lot of him and Bray in college. Murray excited me Bray didn't. You're right that really means nothing right now, But I think the same will happen in the pros. Time will tell. But if Bray does do better the Murray then Murray clearly won't push him out. I'm just predicting what I think will happen.
    Could not agree more. Murray will push Bray out this year or next. Actually, there is a chance both of them stay if we release Daniel soon, but one thing is for sure: By drafting Aaron Murray Andy Reid wants Murray in a Chiefs uniform.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    The bottom line is this: Chiefs drafted Murray; They didn't draft Bray.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Got to love this quote from the article:

"As a Bronco fan I have no clue what Elway is doing. He must find a replacement for the choke artist he has at QB."
    I would take him in a heartbeat.

Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by NWO View Post
    The bottom line is this: Chiefs drafted Murray; They didn't draft Bray.
    They drafted Murray when Murray was in a much stronger draft. That says they think higher of him then what they thought of Bray. Bray they let go with the chance of someone else taking him. If Bray has made a major step up then he really has a chance to stay. If he hasn't then I think he's gone. It's really that simple

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    They drafted Murray when Murray was in a much stronger draft. That says they think higher of him then what they thought of Bray. Bray they let go with the chance of someone else taking him. If Bray has made a major step up then he really has a chance to stay. If he hasn't then I think he's gone. It's really that simple
    I mean, they could keep Bray if they believe Daniel is eating too much cap. I also think Murray will be put on pup before the season starts, but debating Murray vs. Bray, it's pretty obvious who Reid prefers.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast