Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Webnews: Chiefs draft Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray in the fif

Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 30

Post Webnews: Chiefs draft Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray in the fif

0 Not allowed!
    By Michael David Smith
    Aaron Murray, a prolific passer at Georgia who saw his draft stock decline when he tore his ACL late in his senior year, has landed in Kansas City. The Chiefs selected Murray with a fifth-round pick in the 2014 NFL draft, No. 163 overall. Murray looks like a good fit for Chiefs coach Andy Reid’s…
    Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 13

0 Not allowed!
    Love this pick. Now what to do with all the qbs we have. Not a bad problem to have.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 451
    Given: 78

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    Love this pick. Now what to do with all the qbs we have. Not a bad problem to have.
    I think Bray is going to be on the move IMO
    ​BAN ROY

Thumbs Up
    Received: 100
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I think Bray is going to be on the move IMO
    I kinda liked bray thought he has potential. I would love to get rid of chase daniels though.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 51

1 Not allowed!
    Bray won't be the guy to leave

Thumbs Up
    Received: 272
    Given: 852

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    I kinda liked bray thought he has potential. I would love to get rid of chase daniels though.
    In Daniel's defense, he did look really good in that game agains the Chargers. But of the three, because of the amount paid, and with Bray and Murray having possibly a much better future potential, Daniels would be the one I'd part ways with.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 110
    Given: 152

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Bray won't be the guy to leave
    Im assuming you are guessing Daniels would be the odd man out. If that is the case I wonder whether we could get anything (even a 7th rounder) for him via trade? Cutting him would save us 1.4 mil. Trading him would save us 3.4 mil. It's not a lot of cap space, but every little bit may count when we are trying to extend contracts.

One thing people aren't considering is that we may put one of the QBs on the practice squad. I don't remember how many games Bray was active for last year, but we could keep him or Daniels on the PS this year and keep Daniels.

The dilemma I see is that Daniels is a safe backup QB. He won't make a lot of mistakes (INTs) if he goes in for a game or two. We don't know what Bray or Murray would give us yet.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 51

0 Not allowed!
    To put one of the guys on the practice squad, they first have to exposed to waivers. It's not just "oh, we can put him on the PS." Once any of these guys get exposed, I think they'll get picked up. If we expose anyone, I'd rather it be the guy who's 5'11 with no real chance at becoming a franchise QB. Bray and Murray have that potential... especially the 6'6 guy who destroyed all of Peyton Manning's records at Tennessee with a year left on the table. However, if I were a bettin' man, I'd have to put my money on Murray being the guy exposed.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 451
    Given: 78

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    To put one of the guys on the practice squad, they first have to exposed to waivers. It's not just "oh, we can put him on the PS." Once any of these guys get exposed, I think they'll get picked up. If we expose anyone, I'd rather it be the guy who's 5'11 with no real chance at becoming a franchise QB. Bray and Murray have that potential... especially the 6'6 guy who destroyed all of Peyton Manning's records at Tennessee with a year left on the table. However, if I were a bettin' man, I'd have to put my money on Murray being the guy exposed.
    I don't think there's any way they expose Murray. Bottom line in a stronger draft they felt good enough about Murray to draft him. They didn't feel good enough about Bray to draft him. That is a factor. Bray had some good moments in the preseasoon last year. I think people are making to much of that. Lots of guys have looked good against other teams 3s and 4s. I think Bray is going to be the odd man out
    ​BAN ROY

Thumbs Up
    Received: 272
    Given: 852

0 Not allowed!
    Here's another possibility...Murray being drafted for a combination of two reasons 1) Future trade bait and 2) Possible Alex Smith insurance.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast