Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 138

Thread: Webnews: Chiefs draft Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray in the fif

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,304
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 30

    Post Webnews: Chiefs draft Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray in the fif


    0 Not allowed!
    By Michael David Smith
    Aaron Murray, a prolific passer at Georgia who saw his draft stock decline when he tore his ACL late in his senior year, has landed in Kansas City. The Chiefs selected Murray with a fifth-round pick in the 2014 NFL draft, No. 163 overall. Murray looks like a good fit for Chiefs coach Andy Reid’s…
    Read more…

  2. #71
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    677
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 87
    Given: 80

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Do tell us. What could Manning have done in the Indy playoff game to help the Chiefs win that game that Alex didn't do? Answer: NOT A SINGLE THING -- and with that, you don't have much of a leg to stand on regarding your credibility, now do you?

    You can keep the forehead. He's is a proven post-season choker and even one of his own fans has said so.
    who cares what broncos fans say, not me!

  3. #72
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,468
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 659
    Given: 815

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    One more touchdown in the second half. A touchdown when the Chiefs got the ball handed to them on IND's 24 yard line late in the 3rd instead of a field goal. A field goal when the Chiefs got the ball back w/ 4 minutes left. Next question.

    In order to choke, you have to repeatedly be in a position to do so. Peyton will be back there this year, while the Chiefs struggle to get back into the playoffs and win a playoff game. Mark it down.
    Right there you shot down your own credibility with your own words. Because everybody knows that the Chiefs lost because of their defensive collapse, not because of Alex Smith. Blaming any QB that helped his team put 44 points on the scoreboard, without mentioning the defensive collapse is a complete copout. And a copout clearly out of blind hatred without just cause & you wonder why your credibility is being shot down by others.

    Rest assured, your prediction will be marked down.

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    who cares what broncos fans say, not me!
    Normally I don't care what they say, with exceptions of calling Manning a choker. That simply cannot be ignored.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 05-14-2014 at 04:48 PM.

  4. #73
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,959
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Right there you shot down your own credibility with your own words. Because everybody knows that the Chiefs lost because of their defensive collapse, not because of Alex Smith. Blaming any QB that helped his team put 44 points on the scoreboard, without mentioning the defensive collapse is a complete copout. And a copout clearly out of blind hatred without just cause & you wonder why your credibility is being shot down by others.
    Listen, you didn't ask what the defense could do to win that game. You asked what Peyton could have done that Alex Smith didn't. I responded with 3 things that he could have done and now my credibility is shot? You're unreal. It was a defensive collapse...one that was aided by the offense being stagnant in the 2nd half.

    Just to tear down my credibility even more, Peyton could have also not had 5/7 2nd half drives stall in less than 3 minutes.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 05-14-2014 at 05:00 PM.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  5. #74
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,468
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 659
    Given: 815

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Listen, you didn't ask what the defense could do to win that game. You asked what Peyton could have done that Alex Smith didn't. I responded with 3 things that he could have done and now my credibility is shot? You're unreal.

    Just to tear down my credibility even more, Peyton could have also not had 5/7 2nd half drives stall in less than 3 minutes.
    That's right your credibility is shot. You make it sound like it's etched in stone that Manning would have done those 3 things that you say Smith didn't do, but it's an unknown commodity. No QB should've had to do those 3 things you suggested in the Indy playoff game --bottom line is 44 points should be good enough to win any game and when it's not, in spite of holding a 38-10 lead, then it's clearly a defensive collapse ( 2nd worst in playoff history ) and blaming any QB at that stage is a copout.

  6. #75
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,959
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    That's right your credibility is shot. You make it sound like it's etched in stone that Manning would have done those 3 things that you say Smith didn't do, but it's an unknown commodity. No QB should've had to do those 3 things you suggested in the Indy playoff game --bottom line is 44 points should be good enough to win any game and when it's not, in spite of holding a 38-10 lead, then it's clearly a defensive collapse ( 2nd worst in playoff history ) and blaming any QB at that stage is a copout.
    Neat.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  7. #76
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    4,099
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 362
    Given: 414

    Default


    2 Not allowed!
    Yeah....well.....I ain't a gonna cast no stones about credibility and the like. I will say this though.......

    Peyton F'ing Manning is a useless POS Donkey. Ain't gonna change. He ain't never gonna be a Chief so I hope he rots in hell.

    Would we have won that playoff game against the Colts if we had the forehead at Quarterback? Not a damned soul here knows. So it's all like "Opinions and ash-holes".......Everybody has one.

    Would Denver have won the Super Bowl if they had Alex Smith at QB? Not a damned soul here knows. So it's all like "Opinions and ash-holes".......Everybody has one.

    Yeah....maybe one was more likely than the other, but neither one is ever gonna happen so why in hell are good Chiefs fans yelling at each other about stupid BS that ain't never gonna happen?

    Personally, I wish Manning no harm. I don't want to see any NFL player wind up dead or in a wheelchair. But I DO hope that a hit from a Chiefs player convinces Manning that it is time for him to hang up his jersey.

  8. #77
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,468
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 659
    Given: 815

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    ctchiefsfan,

    Alex Smith wasn't Ryfo's personal choice to be the Chiefs QB. My question is why, with what Alex showed us last season along with the fact that Alex has been in the top 3 of NFL's winningest QB's, would anybody want Manning over Smith at this stage. Manning is 8 years older and his age is beginning to show and he's one good hit from being permanently put out to pasture. I could see their argument if both QB's were 25 years old, then that would be different.

    Also, the silly notion that Tyler Bray should be discarded just because Murray was drafted. Total nonsense, and it smacks of a similar scenario that we witnessed with Grbac and Gannon in the late 90's. Gannon wasn't given a fair shake and went to the Raiders and we saw how that worked out. My point is this current regime can't make that same type of mistake with Bray and Murray. They've got to go about this with diplomacy and stay patient and give each of these guys time ( 2-3 years ) and let the best man win and prevail. Draft status DOESN'T have jack-s*** to do with that.

  9. #78
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,052
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 451
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post

    Also, the silly notion that Tyler Bray should be discarded just because Murray was drafted. Total nonsense, and it smacks of a similar scenario that we witnessed with Grbac and Gannon in the late 90's. Gannon wasn't given a fair shake and went to the Raiders and we saw how that worked out. My point is this current regime can't make that same type of mistake with Bray and Murray. They've got to go about this with diplomacy and stay patient and give each of these guys time ( 2-3 years ) and let the best man win and prevail. Draft status DOESN'T have jack-s*** to do with that.
    I think you misunderstand this here

    You're right it would be silly to say Bray is gone just because they drafted Murray but there's more to it then that. At least from my point of view.

    1. The fact that they chose to draft Murray in a stronger draft shows they must like him at least as much if not more then Bray since they let him go undrafted taking the chance that someone else would grab him. It is a factor in this but not the end all be all.

    2. We are useing that info along with there college careers to project that Murray will push Bray off. You might think that what they did before doesn't matter and in time that's correct but right now it does. It's the only thing that we have to go on with Murray right now since we have not yet reached game 1 in the preseason. Or hell even rookie camp. So what else to we have to base an opinion on? As I've stated I saw both in college and IMO Murray stood out far more then Bray. So I am using that along with the fact that Murray was drafted while Bray went undrafted in a very weak draft class to project that Bray won't be around and that Murray will push him off. It's a prediction. It's not just saying well we drafted Murray Brays gone. Just taking the few things that I have seen and making a guess based on those things.

    And while it's true Bray did have some pretty good moments in the preseason last year we can't yet compare the two there. As Murray has yet to get that chance. Who knows maybe Murray comes out in the preseason and looks even better then Bray. Maybe he comes out and falls on his face we just don't know that yet. I'm just basing my thoughts on what I can compare them in and that's there college careers
    ​BAN ROY


  10. #79
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,468
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 659
    Given: 815

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    ^^RUBBISH !! I have not misunderstood anything. Suggesting that Bray will be discarded right away -- and yes that is precisely what has been suggested with the statements along the lines of "he won't be there week 1" -- is ridiculous and isn't the same as what I suggested about letting them compete for a couple for a couple or three years, not by a longshot.

  11. #80
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Miles City, Montana
    Posts
    1,638
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 61
    Given: 122

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    That's right your credibility is shot. You make it sound like it's etched in stone that Manning would have done those 3 things that you say Smith didn't do, but it's an unknown commodity. No QB should've had to do those 3 things you suggested in the Indy playoff game --bottom line is 44 points should be good enough to win any game and when it's not, in spite of holding a 38-10 lead, then it's clearly a defensive collapse ( 2nd worst in playoff history ) and blaming any QB at that stage is a copout.
    not blaming the QB, but 10 points in what, 29 minutes when in the previous 31 they scored 31 seems bad.

    I've always said, the defense deserves most of the blame but the offense should not get off scott free for their lack of scoring in the last 29 minutes of the game.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Aaron Murray
    By nigeriannightmare in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-19-2014, 06:35 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •