Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: Webnews: Chiefs draft Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray in the fif

Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 30

Post Webnews: Chiefs draft Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray in the fif

0 Not allowed!
    By Michael David Smith
    Aaron Murray, a prolific passer at Georgia who saw his draft stock decline when he tore his ACL late in his senior year, has landed in Kansas City. The Chiefs selected Murray with a fifth-round pick in the 2014 NFL draft, No. 163 overall. Murray looks like a good fit for Chiefs coach Andy Reid’s…
    Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 451
    Given: 78

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post

Not entirely sure of the intent of this part, but being honest, losing a 28 point lead in the 2cond half is a team effort. The Defense allowed WAY too many points and the Offense failed to make that one extra score that would have saved the day.

Injuries played a HUGE role in that loss. But if I had to lay blame for that loss I would place it more on the Defense than on the Offense. I'm not sure how anyone could really disagree.

And yes....let's not talk about that game any more. It's in the past. We've stuck a fork in it. There is no benefit for us as Chiefs fans in picking that scab any more.
    Without again going into full rant the part about the defense and why I don't give them as much as an injury excuse is this wasn't a one half thing. I have sat year for years and seen excuse after excuse made for the defense like they were worn out even when they were off the field more then on. It's just the MO of this defense that the tougher the game the smaller they come up.

But I'm hoping that will change and now that sutton has seen it up close with his own eyes he can make the needed changes. It's why I'm not one to call for Sutton's head. This was a problem before he got to KC. I can't blame him for that. But I can expect him to have taken the offseason to FIX IT. Heres hoping he got the job done. It would really help keep my blood pressure down
    ​BAN ROY

Thumbs Up
    Received: 361
    Given: 414

0 Not allowed!
    Yup!!!! Good post. Sutton will have his work cut out for him this year. And it will be hard work. But y'know, for a good while now the problem with our Chiefs Defense hasn't been right scheme/wrong scheme or right players/wrong players....NO! it's been QUITTING. Sutton thought he had that all fixed. And we all know what happened then. Sutton will fix the MENTALITY on the Defensive side of the ball. Teams that have a Defense that simply WON'T QUIT don't lose all that often.

I fully expect that Reid and Sutton have had some SERIOUS conversations on that very subject.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 272
    Given: 848

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Fair enough. But all jinx's and curses end sooner or later. Between Bray and Murray we *may* have the tools to break the Chiefs Quarterback curse.
    Agreed. KC finally has a HC that has a history of generating sought-after free agent QB's. He's got to prove it while wearing the red hat with the arrowhead, but Reid's background is much different than a majority of the head coaches we've had before in the QB department.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 272
    Given: 848

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    If that happens, then the finger can pointed at Reid and the coaches. It's not as though Murray and Bray don't have talent and potential -- they both bring more of that to the table than guys like Cassel, Palko or Croyle. If that happens, then it's a failure on the part of the Chiefs coaches. They have the nice pieces of Clay & now they need to mold it correctly.
    Re-quoted for truth. Sometimes it takes seeing it in print to stop and consider the level of talent dropoff. Reid and Dorsey have only been here for one year and look at the difference right there.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 4

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    It's amazing how people see a QB differently I've never heard that Bray was a good prospect before. Is there some upside to him sure. But he has to show that to me more then against other teams 3s before i start to buy into it

But it's funny and great how people see him differently and has led to a good debate in the offseason Time will tell on Bray I just need some convincing before I get to excited for him. And I really don't see him pushing Daniel off the roster.
    All I know is that after training camp last year Andy Reid was really high on Bray. I believe many felt he would be a starter in the NFL, but then also said, it would most likley have to be with another team or a result of injury.

Daniel is over paid for a back up. If there is any truth to him possibly being a starter, I see Daniel being pushed out for cap reason alone.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 659
    Given: 814

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Re-quoted for truth. Sometimes it takes seeing it in print to stop and consider the level of talent dropoff. Reid and Dorsey have only been here for one year and look at the difference right there.
    And with the extra picks in 2015, they can try to stockpile the QB position. Who knows, maybe one falls right into their lap in round 1. Manziel nearly did, and I'm not so sure they wouldn't have taken Manziel if Cleveland hadn't traded up.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    And with the extra picks in 2015, they can try to stockpile the QB position. Who knows, maybe one falls right into their lap in round 1. Manziel nearly did, and I'm not so sure they wouldn't have taken Manziel if Cleveland hadn't traded up.
    I think the Chiefs were hoping Maziel fell to them just so they could trade back. If they actually drafted him, I would have lost all respect for this regime. I fully expect him to follow the career path of Brady Quinn but much more immmature and dristracting. He will be the next Tim Tebow.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I think the Chiefs were hoping Maziel fell to them just so they could trade back. If they actually drafted him, I would have lost all respect for this regime. I fully expect him to follow the career path of Brady Quinn but much more immmature and dristracting. He will be the next Tim Tebow.
    With all due respect, he's in a completely different league as a passer when compared with Tebow. Don't understand this comparison at all.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 659
    Given: 814

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    With all due respect, he's in a completely different league as a passer when compared with Tebow. Don't understand this comparison at all.
    I agree. Manziel's skillset is a whole different world from Tebow. Tebow looked like a TE/RB trying to play QB. Manziel looks like a QB and on a good day, he lit up the scoreboard like a pinball machine at Texas A&M.

And one more thing. Quinn and Tebow most likely couldn't adapt to the WCO as well as Manziel probably could.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 05-16-2014 at 04:15 PM.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Not comparison in skills. Completely different people and players. I was referring to the unecessary constant coverage and distraction based the person alone, regardless of their production on the field. It already started with the draft and special reports with where will he be selected. Tebow was one of the most loved Running backs in the NFL. Manziel is already getting that press and he has the ego to look for that attention.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast