Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Thread: Alex Smith Contract Statistical Analysis

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,092
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 129

    Default Alex Smith Contract Statistical Analysis


    0 Not allowed!
    I came across this article that compares Smith's numbers and age to other QBs who recently signed extensions. Based on their analysis, Smith would get ~15 mil a year.

    I wouldn't be surprised if this is what his agent is asking and we are low balling in the 10-12 mil range. I was thinking he would be worth 10-12, so I was surprised to see where he fell out. What are your guys thoughts?

    http://www.spotrac.com/premium/resea...lex-smith-448/
    Last edited by Chiefster; 05-31-2014 at 07:28 PM.

  2. #41
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,932
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Kaepernick's deal would be perfect for Alex. He's guaranteed $61M ONLY IF HE'S injured. They can cut him before April 1st of any season and not owe him a dime (though he would still be a cap hit).
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  3. #42
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    480
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    The word is fine. I just didn't see the connection to Tom Condon. To my knowledge he is on the Chiefs side, compared to ther agents. If you knew something different that I didn't know, it would have been nice to discuss, but your comments appeared to be at Agent in general and I just wanted to stand up for one of the good guys. He represented some good players for us. like Tony G
    I'm afraid I am to blame for triggering this by bringing up Condon having been a Chiefs player himself, tongue-in-cheek as it was.

  4. #43
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,092
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 129

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Kaepernick's deal would be perfect for Alex. He's guaranteed $61M ONLY IF HE'S injured. They can cut him before April 1st of any season and not owe him a dime (though he would still be a cap hit).
    Yeah, i saw the finalized details, and it is VERY team friendly, even though it is on the surface 6/$126, they can cut ties whenever with him without hamstringing the team. I also like that he loses bonus money if he doesn't get first team all pro or to the superbowl. That's a very incentive laden contract that will keep a player fighting to prove their worth.

  5. #44
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    3,417
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 312
    Given: 304

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    The word is fine. I just didn't see the connection to Tom Condon. To my knowledge he is on the Chiefs side, compared to ther agents. If you knew something different that I didn't know, it would have been nice to discuss, but your comments appeared to be at Agent in general and I just wanted to stand up for one of the good guys. He represented some good players for us. like Tony G
    I've no personal knowledge of him, only what I've read on the net. And we all know about what we read on the net. It can range from gold plated truth to absolute nonsense and everywhere in between. What I've read is that he can be a very tough person to deal with. Perhaps the toughest agent in the NFL. Which of course is part of his job. But I really hate the idea of us having to deal with someone like that over a position as important as QB at a time when we have cap problems and several big contract negotiations coming up. In short, I violently dislike anybody that I feel may be doing something that is going to hurt our Chiefs. Yes....Alex Smith deserves a big raise. But--at this point--I just don't see that he has shown that he is worthy of top 5 QB type money and I don't think Condon should be holding out for that kind of money when Alex simply hasn't clearly shown that he is worth it.

    As to the use of the word condom in the context I used....it offended you so I won't do it any more but I want you to know that while it was in part meant in a derogatory fashion it was also meant to be a somewhat humorous play on words. If all I intended to do was rip into Condon there are certainly lots of other ways I could have done it that would have been far nastier while still keeping within the board's rules. Instead I tried to take a slap at him by making a play on his name that I thought some here might find humorous. But in at least one case it went over like a lead balloon and offended someone so I won't use it in that context anymore because with the exception of the very occasional troll there is no one here that I would want to offend.

  6. #45
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    3,417
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 312
    Given: 304

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    I'm afraid I am to blame for triggering this by bringing up Condon having been a Chiefs player himself, tongue-in-cheek as it was.
    Not your fault at all. I'm pretty sure I was taking some swats at Condon in another thread before you brought up his being a former Chief. Besides....I apologized for my play on his name and hopefully any that were offended by it have forgiven me and moved on. I don't like Condon because I feel he is hurting our Chiefs. Anybody that I feel is hurting our Chiefs I will dislike. And for me that has been true since the late '60s. It ain't ever going to change.

  7. #46
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,875
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 104
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I've no personal knowledge of him, only what I've read on the net. And we all know about what we read on the net. It can range from gold plated truth to absolute nonsense and everywhere in between. What I've read is that he can be a very tough person to deal with. Perhaps the toughest agent in the NFL. Which of course is part of his job. But I really hate the idea of us having to deal with someone like that over a position as important as QB at a time when we have cap problems and several big contract negotiations coming up. In short, I violently dislike anybody that I feel may be doing something that is going to hurt our Chiefs. Yes....Alex Smith deserves a big raise. But--at this point--I just don't see that he has shown that he is worthy of top 5 QB type money and I don't think Condon should be holding out for that kind of money when Alex simply hasn't clearly shown that he is worth it.

    As to the use of the word condom in the context I used....it offended you so I won't do it any more but I want you to know that while it was in part meant in a derogatory fashion it was also meant to be a somewhat humorous play on words. If all I intended to do was rip into Condon there are certainly lots of other ways I could have done it that would have been far nastier while still keeping within the board's rules. Instead I tried to take a slap at him by making a play on his name that I thought some here might find humorous. But in at least one case it went over like a lead balloon and offended someone so I won't use it in that context anymore because with the exception of the very occasional troll there is no one here that I would want to offend.
    offended is probably not the correct term. You did not offend me personally in any way. I guess a little dissapointed in the desore to name call. Please don't worry another second about it. He very well could deserve the name as he is a good agent but to my knowledge has a good business relationship with the Chiefs.

  8. #47
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    3,417
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 312
    Given: 304

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Thank you.

  9. #48
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,373
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 59

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Why would we pay a player any more than what they signed for, I do not believe, correct me if I am wrong, that we owe anything to a player yet that has not reached a end of contract. I wish I could restructure or change my salary at a end of a good season, but for now I am glad to be employed, So to much whining about a one season show, give us more.

  10. #49
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Why would we pay a player any more than what they signed for, I do not believe, correct me if I am wrong, that we owe anything to a player yet that has not reached a end of contract. I wish I could restructure or change my salary at a end of a good season, but for now I am glad to be employed, So to much whining about a one season show, give us more.
    If you wouldn't try to get a pay raise.....

    You would. Who wouldn't?

    If you think you did well enough to earn a pay raise, you would go to your boss and have a discussion about it.

  11. #50
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,932
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Why would we pay a player any more than what they signed for, I do not believe, correct me if I am wrong, that we owe anything to a player yet that has not reached a end of contract. I wish I could restructure or change my salary at a end of a good season, but for now I am glad to be employed, So to much whining about a one season show, give us more.
    If you're going to argue that, then you also have to argue that teams shouldn't be able to cut players who are under contract.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Similar Threads

  1. Alex Smith's Contract
    By jap1 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 01-30-2014, 08:41 AM
  2. Webnews: Chiefs want to extend Alex Smithís contract
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-09-2014, 06:56 AM
  3. Team Analysis
    By figcrostic in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 08-30-2010, 08:32 PM
  4. Red Zone Analysis
    By sdeberg74 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 10:34 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •