Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The awesome 2015 NFL Draft thread.

Default The awesome 2015 NFL Draft thread.

Well it may not be really awesome yet. But here's an early list of prospects who might match the future needs of the Chiefs as they play the 2014/15 season. Hopefully, during the course of the year, as the Chiefs draft position and their needs come more and more into focus, you guys can add alerts and information about prospects. It would be nice to keep it all in one thread as we go.

Here's the link:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...222425286.html

Enjoy. And don't forget to add prospects that you spot as the year goes on.

"Awesome 2015 Draft"......

YUP! And Dorsey is going to be sitting on a minimum of 10 picks. Could be as many as 12 or 13 depending on possible trades. Dorsey is going to be sitting in the catbird seat. I think I see a "cat that ate the canary" grin on his face. We are going to pay a price for it this season, but we will be laughing about it at the end of the 2015 draft. And WATCH OUT! Dorsey is already thinking about how to get another 10 picks in the 2016 draft.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 05-15-2014 at 11:10 PM.

At this point, I would love Todd Gurly as a possible J. Charles back up/replacement. It is just a matter of time before Charles slows down. Running Backs can go from Pro-bowl stars to retired in a matter of a few games. I am not sure I am wanting to give a first for him, but maybe a late first or early second. Depending on how we finish the year.

2015 will be a neat draft for the Chiefs. Although I was disappointed we didn't take a WR from this draft class, It's very possible they could overhaul the whole squad with the number of picks we'll have. Can see the secondary getting more help as well, and a possible heir for DJ's spot.

Brock Hekking.

Quote Originally Posted by Lineup Dough View Post
    Brock Hekking.
    Agree with this. Future all-pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    2015 will be a neat draft for the Chiefs. Although I was disappointed we didn't take a WR from this draft class, It's very possible they could overhaul the whole squad with the number of picks we'll have. Can see the secondary getting more help as well, and a possible heir for DJ's spot.
    Exactly so.

Just based on the free agents we lost this year, we will have 10, maybe 11 picks in the 2015 draft. The "extras" will be late round picks. If we trade one or more veterans for picks in the 2015 draft, we *could* be looking at 11-15 picks.

What is key here is the later round picks.

This is supposed to be where Dorsey shines. Better scouting. Better homework. Better late round gold nuggets.

The 2015 and 2016 draft will decide if Dorsey is one of the greatest GMs that ever lived or just another chump who got hired beyond his capabilities. (See Pioli)

With Reid as Head Coach, I think Dorsey has a better than average chance of spending the next 15 years thought of as one of the finest minds in the NFL.

Or maybe I'm just a complete homer.

Only time will tell. But I think the odds are more in our favor than if we took a trip to Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    With Reid as Head Coach, I think Dorsey has a better than average chance of spending the next 15 years thought of as one of the finest minds in the NFL.
    I don't know about Dorsey, but do you really expect Reid to be here for 15 years?

Given that he is 56, 15 years is probably a stretch. Call it 10 years or until he wins a Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Exactly so.

Just based on the free agents we lost this year, we will have 10, maybe 11 picks in the 2015 draft. The "extras" will be late round picks. If we trade one or more veterans for picks in the 2015 draft, we *could* be looking at 11-15 picks.

What is key here is the later round picks.

This is supposed to be where Dorsey shines. Better scouting. Better homework. Better late round gold nuggets.

The 2015 and 2016 draft will decide if Dorsey is one of the greatest GMs that ever lived or just another chump who got hired beyond his capabilities. (See Pioli)

Or maybe I'm just a complete homer.

Only time will tell. But I think the odds are more in our favor than if we took a trip to Vegas.
    Ahem....love the enthusiasm ctc but the man's gotta earn it first. But with that being said he'd really have to work at it to sink to the weird levels & layers that Pioli exists on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast