Thread: Webnews: Chiefs sign Dee Ford

Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: Chiefs sign Dee Ford

0 Not allowed!
    By Mike Wilkening
    The Chiefs have wrapped up their draft pick signings by reaching a deal with their first-round selection. Outside linebacker Dee Ford, the No. 23 overall pick, has signed a four-year deal with Kansas City, the club said Saturday. The 6-foot-2, 243-pound Ford recorded 10.5 sacks for SEC champion Auburn in 2013, including a pair of…
    Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 544
    Given: 747

1 Not allowed!
    Wow, just wow. All draftees signed means they can spend that much more time with the coaches prior to training camp. People may not have liked the Chiefs draft class. But nobody can complain about the rapid-fire rate that Dorsey signed all these draftees.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 1

1 Not allowed!
    Its juat not dorsey signing everyone. With th3 new cba every team is sign I g everyone in rapid fire mode. Theres not much to negotiate for roomies anymore just the language I think.

Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Its juat not dorsey signing everyone. With th3 new cba every team is sign I g everyone in rapid fire mode. Theres not much to negotiate for roomies anymore just the language I think.
    Even with the new CBA, getting everyone signed within two weeks after the draft was unprecedented. Didn't happen this way in 2011, 2012. or 2013.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 312
    Given: 304

1 Not allowed!
    Its just not dorsey signing everyone. With the new cba every team is signing everyone in rapid fire mode. There's not much to negotiate for rookies anymore just the language I think.
    There is no doubt that the new CBA does make it easier to get draft picks signed. But as brdempsey mentioned the new CBA has not made signing every new draftee a snap....especially first round picks. A lot of them have big egos and some of their agents like to make a big show of what tough negotiators they are. Getting all your draft picks signed is easier than it once was, but it is by no means automatic or easy as falling off a log.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Even with the new CBA, getting everyone signed within two weeks after the draft was unprecedented. Didn't happen this way in 2011, 2012. or 2013.
    Exactly. Getting them all signed in 2 weeks was certainly no Houdini act but it was important. And Dorsey got it done. As anyone can see, the Reid/Dorsey team is trying to rebuild the team while still trying to keep them competitive. That's a big job. And Dorsey doesn't need to be tied up dealing with rookie contracts. He needs to be out there getting the deal done with Alex Smith and finding the UDFAs that can make this team a powerhouse that doesn't revolve around 6 or 7 guys that make $10 million plus per year.

As I see it, the Reid/Dorsey team has a plan and they are sticking to it. We as Chiefs fans just have to hope the plan works. It's surely better than the Pioli era. Dorsey is focusing on getting the job done rather than sucking his thumb and thinking about what an important man he is. It's a step small forward, but every journey begins with small steps.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 665

1 Not allowed!
    Granted, Dorsey's got a way to go before I'll crown him yet, but so far he's getting his ducks in a row despite the hand he's been dealt.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Ok but which team hasnt got all their picks signed yet this year? My point this year it seemed like every team was signing them at a rapid fire pace. Plus the draft was later this year so that sped up the process cuz otas and mini camps are just around the corner. Only picks that might be tougher would be the top ten picks.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Ok but which team hasnt got all their picks signed yet this year? My point this year it seemed like every team was signing them at a rapid fire pace. Plus the draft was later this year so that sped up the process cuz otas and mini camps are just around the corner. Only picks that might be tougher would be the top ten picks.
    Here you go:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...igning-tracker

Thumbs Up
    Received: 312
    Given: 304

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Granted, Dorsey's got a way to go before I'll crown him yet, but so far he's getting his ducks in a row despite the hand he's been dealt.
    Damned right! Dorsey hasn't walked on water. And I am convinced we will see 2 or 3 lean but respectable years. But I am convined he is doing the right thing. Our Chiefs are going OWN the AFC West again!!!!

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Ok I stand corrected. Lol. I was surprised to see so many unsigned.