Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Webnews: Chiefs open OTAs without Justin Houston and Brandon Flow

Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: Chiefs open OTAs without Justin Houston and Brandon Flow

0 Not allowed!
    By Josh Alper
    Like many other teams, the Chiefs held their first organized team activity of the offseason on Tuesday. Unlike some of those other teams, they did it without two of their defensive starters from last season. Terez Paylor of the Kansas City Star reports that neither linebacker Justin Houston and cornerback Brandon Flowers were in attendance…
    Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 113
    Given: 3

0 Not allowed!
    Ughh. I would have to guess they are right about Houston possibly holding out. Players don't usually miss this camp unless they are wanting to make some sort of statement.

I wonder if Houston sees the Dee Ford pick up as a replacment for him and not Tamba like we all suspected. Others said that Houston was posting pictures of him working out yesterday benching like 425 pounds, so he is clearly saying he is healthy.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 569
    Given: 757

0 Not allowed!
    Aren't these voluntary?

Thumbs Up
    Received: 84
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!
    Yes its voluntary. With houston this is a contract year so I wouldnt blame him for skippi gs thise to avoid an injury. I think I read 2 or 3 guys on other teams tore acls today. Flowers on the other hand I dont see why not but it could be just a scheduling conflict.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 22

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, the OTA's are voluntary. Yes, Houston wants another contract. He deserves one for his play. We did get him on the cheap because of his stupid mistake, but he has pretty much shot one across the bow so to speak.

He's going to make just under 1.5 mil and Dee is getting what? 8 mil for 4 years. Otherwise getting a higher salary for proving not yet a thing in the NFL. (Still, gotta love the new rookie wage scale) I have high hopes hes' going to be good, but we know what Houston can do.

Houston should have gone in the first round, as we all know. With Alex and now Houston wanting more money, who are we willing to let go? Flowers?, Bowe?(my pick-way over paid) Hali?(getting up there). For another year they're under contract regardless of what they want now....... but it's coming, some hard choices to be made down the line. Can the Chiefs do a deal now? Are we in cap heck yet? Would it be cheaper to extend both now? do we wait on Alex to prove it one more year? Lot's of questions-anyone have any answers? thoughts?

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    I say we trade flowers for whatever we can get for him. He doesnt fit our scheme anyways.
    Houston we should extend him this year cuz right now we hold the cards cuz next year we could lose him and he could hold us ransom. Id rather trade tamba then to see houston go. Hali is good and I have his jersey but hes the older one and the least athletic of the 3. I wouldnt let tamba go this year though unless they want to get ford more playing time to gain experience. I wonder if houston will swap andre johnson for flowers and a low pick. Or throw in bowe with flowers. For johnson.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 132

0 Not allowed!
    So, to add fuel to the speculation fire, apparently we will save 7.25 mil this year and 7.5 mil next year in the cap if we cut Flowers after June 1st. If we trade him we save 3.5 mil this year and 11 mil next year. There are some that think Flowers was told not to show up to OTAs because he will not be with the team next week. I have a feeling that is nothing but a rumor, but who knows.

Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    I say we trade flowers for whatever we can get for him. He doesnt fit our scheme anyways.
    Houston we should extend him this year cuz right now we hold the cards cuz next year we could lose him and he could hold us ransom. Id rather trade tamba then to see houston go. Hali is good and I have his jersey but hes the older one and the least athletic of the 3. I wouldnt let tamba go this year though unless they want to get ford more playing time to gain experience. I wonder if houston will swap andre johnson for flowers and a low pick. Or throw in bowe with flowers. For johnson.
    The problem with trading flowers or Tamba is the same reason we want to trade them. Their contracts cost to much towards the cap. Both players are due to get their contracts. Other team could restructure their contract but so could the Chiefs.

That is how the rumors about shopping Flowers before the draft got started as the Chiefs were trying to find a suitor. Personally, if we don't cut him we convert him to a FS.

Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    The problem with trading flowers or Tamba is the same reason we want to trade them. Their contracts cost to much towards the cap. Both players are due to get their contracts. Other team could restructure their contract but so could the Chiefs.

That is how the rumors about shopping Flowers before the draft got started as the Chiefs were trying to find a suitor. Personally, if we don't cut him we convert him to a FS.
    Actually I think flowers would be a great fs. It would suit his skill set better and hes never been afraid to tackle.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Actually I think flowers would be a great fs. It would suit his skill set better and hes never been afraid to tackle.
    We would have two of the hightest paid safeties in the league.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast