Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Webnews: Report: Sean Smith cited in alleged drunk driving incide

Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: Report: Sean Smith cited in alleged drunk driving incide

0 Not allowed!
    By Mike Wilkening
    One of the Chiefs’ starting defensive players reportedly was arrested after a one-car accident on Monday. According to KCTV5.com, Kansas City police cited Chiefs cornerback Sean Smith for allegedly driving a vehicle while having a blood-alcohol level at or above the legal limit of .08 after he struck a light pole in the city early…
    Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 334
    Given: 347

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I believe they do make the rookies sit through a class on this kind of stuff. It is part of the rookie symposium.
    In that case, good for the NFL. But given how often we see this sort of problem I think the NFL needs to get a bit more serious about it. We see way too much of this kind of problem. Call a cab. Go to a hotel. Sleep it off. Don't do stuff that will make the NFL look bad.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 96
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!
    Im not saying its ok just cuz hes human but just cuz hes richer or a celebrity doesnt make him immune to making the same mistakes that alot of other average joe makes. We just hear about him but there are alot of others that do it as well. We dont hear about all the other dui's they make every night.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 334
    Given: 347

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Not defending him but just cuz he makes alot of money doesnt mean hes not human. Theres alot of people that drive after they have drank but they just dont get caught. Hes no different except he makes alot of money and an athlete but hes still a human before all of that iv never drank and I dont see the point in drinking and getting drunk just to make a fool of yourself.
    All true. And certainly they are human. And humans make mistakes. But NFL players have resources that most people don't. Even on a rookie contract you can afford to call a cab and crash at a nearby hotel for the night. You are certainly correct that most people that drive when they they have been drinking don't get caught. And most people that drive when they have been drinking don't crash their cars. And most of the ones that do crash their cars don't kill anyone. But sometimes they do. And when you have the name recognition and financial resources of an NFL player you're expected to live up to a somewhat higher standard than John Q Public. The NFL needs to make sure that NFL players "Get it".

Thumbs Up
    Received: 96
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!
    True bbut your asuming since there rich and famous that makes them smart and wise or responsible.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 257
    Given: 783

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Awesome ... here comes the suspension. I hope Cooper, Owens and Flowers are ready to play starting the first couple of weeks of the season.

What is the going rate on suspensions for a DUI? 2 weeks? I dont follow non-KC NFL news, so I have no idea what kind of suspension they will levy for this.
    That's the argument I think matters. It's not only what the league does, but what the team will do as well. After what happened with Bowe last year, and now this, won't be surprised if the team hands down a worse punishment than the league does.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 140

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    That's the argument I think matters. It's not only what the league does, but what the team will do as well. After what happened with Bowe last year, and now this, won't be surprised if the team hands down a worse punishment than the league does.
    For what it is worth, according to arrowheadpride, typical punishments for first time DUI is a fine of 2 weeks pay. No suspension. Goodell can always decide enough is enough and start levying 1 game suspensions to up the ante and hope that bigger punishment will deter these guys from drunk driving.

If he only gets a fine, then I definitely can see the team handing him a bigger fine. I dont see them sitting him out for any set amount of time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12