Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Webnews: Chiefs release cornerback Brandon Flowers

Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: Chiefs release cornerback Brandon Flowers

0 Not allowed!
    By Darin Gantt
    Brandon Flowers wasn’t around for Chiefs OTAs. And now he won’t be around for any other activities either. The Chiefs announced they had released the high-priced cornerback Friday afternoon. Flowers was scheduled to make a $5.25 million this year, and because of those numbers, the Chiefs were willing to trade him. They’ll be able to split the…
    Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    well, at least we'll get a top ten pick next year with all those bonus picks

Thumbs Up
    Received: 62

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    well, at least we'll get a top ten pick next year with all those bonus picks
    Well I really don't think we get compensation for a player we voluntarily release.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 312
    Given: 304

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    Funk this stupid *** punk kid owner!!!!! Funk you hunt pos mother ****er

Angler......I think you are being a little harsh. This latest move causes me a lot of concerns, but I can not blame it on Hunt. As I mentioned above, this is now a Dorsey-Reid team. For better or for worse. Those two guys are scaring the crap out of me with some of their moves. But every time I want to yell and scream I think back to last year and say to myself......"Reid gets a whole lot out of his players. More than most any coach around. Maybe....just maybe....he can build us a championship team with a bunch of kids and castoffs."

Maybe I am crazy. Usually I am. But I think that last year the Reid-Dorsey team EARNED the right to do things their way for at least a few years.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 3

1 Not allowed!
    Brandon had a great run in KC, but he was slowing down. That's a healthy contract that no other team would take on so that says something. The business of football blows. But better to be a year early in releasing than a year later.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 19

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    Well I really don't think we get compensation for a player we voluntarily release.
    the extra picks were for the other guys we lost via free agency

Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    I think he meant we will be picking in The top 10 in the draft next year. Its to early to tell right now. What till end of preseason to make a guess.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 51

1 Not allowed!
    I'm predicting a sub .500 record for the Chiefs this season... but I was predicting that before the release of Flowers. The Chiefs need to re-sign Houston, let Alex Smith walk, and release/trade Hali after this season. This past season was a peak year for the Chiefs. I know y'all don't want to hear it, but it's time for another rebuilding season or two. The silver lining of all this is that it is no longer Scott Pioli and Todd Haley who are doing the rebuild. If the Chiefs HAVE to go through another overhaul, I trust Dorsey and Reid MUCH MUCH more than the last idiotic duo.

It's ridiculous to think there won't be a roster turnover with a new regime in place. The last guys running things no longer have a job because their decision-making was horrid... you think the new guys are gonna roll with those decisions? Those of you who think Flowers was a top 5 CB are delusional. There's at least 25 CBs I'd rather have instead of Flowers. Get a hold of yourself.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 545
    Given: 747

2 Not allowed!
    I'm not advocating that Flowers was a top-5 CB. He wasn't. But, at present he was the Chiefs best cover guy & it sucked having to let him go and get nothing in return.

Notwithstanding, Dorsey/Reid are doing the right thing drafting bigger and faster guys for the Chiefs secondary like Commings and Gaines. But they'll need to draft at least three more guys like that to fill out their secondary. Luckily, they'll have extra picks in 2015 to do it.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 51

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I'm not advocating that Flowers was a top-5 CB. He wasn't. But, at present he was the Chiefs best cover guy & it sucked having to let him go and get nothing in return.

Notwithstanding, Dorsey/Reid are doing the right thing drafting bigger and faster guys for the Chiefs secondary like Commings and Gaines. But they'll need to draft at least three more guys like that to fill out their secondary. Luckily, they'll have extra picks in 2015 to do it.
    His salary is too high for his level of productivity. Would you still think it was for nothing if they could extend Smith or Houston? The Chiefs gained several million in cap space this year and next year. I'm sure that money will be put to good use. Just because he was released, it doesn't make this transaction a zero-sum move.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 545
    Given: 747

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    His salary is too high for his level of productivity. Would you still think it was for nothing if they could extend Smith or Houston? The Chiefs gained several million in cap space this year and next year. I'm sure that money will be put to good use. Just because he was released, it doesn't make this transaction a zero-sum move.
    I didn't say it was TOTALLY for nothing. I said that I wished they could have gotten something in return for him, such as a draft pick or player ( like getting Sherman in the Arenas trade). But, Pioli's overspending on Flowers negated that.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast