Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Webnews: Chiefs release cornerback Brandon Flowers

Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: Chiefs release cornerback Brandon Flowers

0 Not allowed!
    By Darin Gantt
    Brandon Flowers wasn’t around for Chiefs OTAs. And now he won’t be around for any other activities either. The Chiefs announced they had released the high-priced cornerback Friday afternoon. Flowers was scheduled to make a $5.25 million this year, and because of those numbers, the Chiefs were willing to trade him. They’ll be able to split the…
    Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 405
    Given: 78

0 Not allowed!
    WTF uggh we are going to have to score a trillion points
    ​BAN ROY

Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 22

0 Not allowed!
    We all knew something was up when he was not at OTA's. To sign Houston someone had to go. It sucks it was a top 5 corner.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 139

0 Not allowed!
    Wow. Really didn't think they would go through with it. I guess where there is smoke there is fire. I hope Cooper is ready. More importantly, I wonder who is going to play the slot?!

I hope to hear news about Houston and/or Smith getting extensions soon.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 26

1 Not allowed!
    Im fine with the decision to part ways with Brandon. I loved having him as a Chief the past 6 years, but he did not fit the new system. However, I cannot believe we did not trade him. I mean seriously no one would take on his contract for even a 7th round pick? I think he would have been worth 3-4 range but even a 7th would be something in return. By cutting him we get nothing. Very stupid decision IMO.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 590
    Given: 774

2 Not allowed!
    Not liking this at all. Flowers was the best cover guy in the Chiefs secondary. This is going to hurt & add to it, the Chiefs got nothing in return for him.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 139

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bortnem View Post
    Im fine with the decision to part ways with Brandon. I loved having him as a Chief the past 6 years, but he did not fit the new system. However, I cannot believe we did not trade him. I mean seriously no one would take on his contract for even a 7th round pick? I think he would have been worth 3-4 range but even a 7th would be something in return. By cutting him we get nothing. Very stupid decision IMO.
    The fact that this happened so late in the offseason likely means there were zero takers for a trade. It is rare nowadays for teams to trade for people with big cap numbers, because they know the team will likely just realese the player.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!
    This could means an extension is coming for houston. Im perty sure with this being such a late release that they tried to trade him.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 249
    Given: 751

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Not liking this at all. Flowers was the best cover guy in the Chiefs secondary. This is going to hurt & add to it, the Chiefs got nothing in return for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bortnem View Post
    Agreed. While he didn't fit our system getting nothing for Flowers in return sucks. Does this mean we'll get another compensatory pick though?

Texaschief's words of "Why would Dorsey or Reid risk their fortunes on someone else's draft picks..." keep coming to mind.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 590
    Given: 774

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Agreed. While he didn't fit our system getting nothing for Flowers in return sucks. Does this mean we'll get another compensatory pick though?

Texaschief's words of "Why would Dorsey or Reid risk their fortunes on someone else's draft picks..." keep coming to mind.
    Nope, they won't get a compensatory pick for this.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast