Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Webnews: Chiefs release cornerback Brandon Flowers

Thumbs Up
    Received: 79
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: Chiefs release cornerback Brandon Flowers

0 Not allowed!
    By Darin Gantt
    Brandon Flowers wasn’t around for Chiefs OTAs. And now he won’t be around for any other activities either. The Chiefs announced they had released the high-priced cornerback Friday afternoon. Flowers was scheduled to make a $5.25 million this year, and because of those numbers, the Chiefs were willing to trade him. They’ll be able to split the…
    Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 323
    Given: 322

0 Not allowed!
    There it is. That rotten little creep Pissoli has been gone about 16 months but his lousy decisions are STILL costing us.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 113
    Given: 3

0 Not allowed!
    So everyone is freaking out about this, yet he was a liability for us last year. Nothing has really changed which is the bad news, but Flowers does not improve this situation unless they were talking ab out cutting Sean Smith and moving flowers back out. Marcus Cooper was the best corner we had last year which is why Flowers was moved to NB. He failed at NB so the Chiefs went out and got one in Owens, who ironically got hurt the day the Chiefs cut ways with Flowers.

For all we know, Flowers forced this on the Chiefs by requesting a trade.

But just to prepare all you very upset people. Next on the block to leave. Eric Berry and Tamba Hali, start preparing yourselves now.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    There it is. That rotten little creep Pissoli has been gone about 16 months but his lousy decisions are STILL costing us.
    It is not Pioli's fault that Dorsey over paid the players he signed last year, like Bowe, Colquitt, Devito or Daniel, Sean Smith or Dunta Robinson. Dorsey put himself in this cap issue and I believe he is learning from his rookie mistakes.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    Funk you hunt!!!
    While I understand your frustration, I don't understand the need to blister the owner with intentional wording to curse him out preventing the filters over and over in multiple threads. I think we got your point the first two or three times.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 705

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    So everyone is freaking out about this, yet he was a liability for us last year. Nothing has really changed which is the bad news, but Flowers does not improve this situation unless they were talking ab out cutting Sean Smith and moving flowers back out. Marcus Cooper was the best corner we had last year which is why Flowers was moved to NB. He failed at NB so the Chiefs went out and got one in Owens, who ironically got hurt the day the Chiefs cut ways with Flowers.

But just to prepare all you very upset people. Next on the block to leave. Eric Berry and Tamba Hali, start preparing yourselves now.
    Would definitely agree with you about Cooper. Unfortunately the pass rush went to poop before Cooper could develop more. Once the pass rush went away, our secondary was pretty much exposed.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Would definitely agree with you about Cooper. Unfortunately the pass rush went to poop before Cooper could develop more. Once the pass rush went away, our secondary was pretty much exposed.
    A lot of that was huge plays where the safety and corner were beat deep in man to man and I think Flowers was a victim a bunch of times but so was Smith. Still they got very little safety help.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 51

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post

I agree that there will be some serious roster turnover. However, I'm not so sure about Berry being one of those guys. I understand there is a good possibility that he could be traded away (especially if the Chiefs are offered a nice package in return), but my gut tells me that he'll end up staying.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 132

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I agree that there will be some serious roster turnover. However, I'm not so sure about Berry being one of those guys. I understand there is a good possibility that he could be traded away (especially if the Chiefs are offered a nice package in return), but my gut tells me that he'll end up staying.
    I agree that I think this front office really likes Berry and the versatility he brings. They use him like a LB in obvious passing situations. People think he gets beat by TEs a lot, but in reality he only gets beat by the top tier TEs in the league that NOBODY can stop (Im talking Antonio Gates). It would be really hard to replace his production.

That being said, his contract is coming to an end, and he is going to want a(nother) payday. He is a multiple pro-bowl player. I doubt he will take a smaller or even equal contract to what he has now. I wouldnt be surprised if we cannot pay him what he wants, and someone else does.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 323
    Given: 322

0 Not allowed!
    Since releasing Flowers was basically a salary cap move can anyone tell me with any certainty how much cap room we created for this year
    with this move? I've heard numbers from $7 million to as high as $10 million.

Gotta say one thing though. If this move was the only way for us to get Justin Houston to sign an extension then it was almost certainly necessary.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 51

0 Not allowed!
    I think we had 2mil available before the move. The release of Flowers saved us somewhere around 5.3 or so. So, 7mil sounds about right.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast