Thread: Defense wins football games!!!

Hybrid View

Angry Defense wins football games!!!

I've been impressed by the Chiefs D! Especially Jared Allen. I'm glad they decided to resign him. Here is my question. If the offense is so sparatic and sometimes so aenemic, wouldn't the defense wear down and make big mistakes? Granted they haven't yet, but I remember when the offense used to drive 80 yards downfield, take about 7 to 8 minutes off the clock. Giving the defense time to rest, but our defense wasn't that good back then. So do we have to give up a good offense for a good defense, or have a good offense and a bad defense? Shouldn't we have both. I know our offensive line is depleted, and we have about 2 good receivers. Is it me or does it seem like LJ is not the same LJ from last year now that he has his contract. I think LJ is trying to be like Ladanian Tomlinson. LJ is a North South runner, not an East to West. I was frustrated watching yesterday, we should've had more scoring opportunities. I was pretty excited to see Priest back!! Hopefully he can stay healthy and become a good 3rd down back, or when Lj decides to quit then he can come in and take over. Besides, Priest is a better pass blocker.
    :rocker:

Quote Originally Posted by hellbound13 View Post
    I've been impressed by the Chiefs D! Especially Jared Allen. I'm glad they decided to resign him. Here is my question. If the offense is so sparatic and sometimes so aenemic, wouldn't the defense wear down and make big mistakes? Granted they haven't yet, but I remember when the offense used to drive 80 yards downfield, take about 7 to 8 minutes off the clock. Giving the defense time to rest, but our defense wasn't that good back then. So do we have to give up a good offense for a good defense, or have a good offense and a bad defense? Shouldn't we have both. I know our offensive line is depleted, and we have about 2 good receivers. Is it me or does it seem like LJ is not the same LJ from last year now that he has his contract. I think LJ is trying to be like Ladanian Tomlinson. LJ is a North South runner, not an East to West. I was frustrated watching yesterday, we should've had more scoring opportunities. I was pretty excited to see Priest back!! Hopefully he can stay healthy and become a good 3rd down back, or when Lj decides to quit then he can come in and take over. Besides, Priest is a better pass blocker.
    I'm not exactly sure you can bark at 100+ yds and the longest run of his career!! 50+.

If your looking to place blame on why it was as close as it was, how about looking at Ty Law. He was guarding the pylon on the TD they scored. He wasn't within 15 yds of ANY player on the field. Including his own teammates!! That is the most out of position I have seen a player in a long time!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    I'm not exactly sure you can bark at 100+ yds and the longest run of his career!! 50+.

If your looking to place blame on why it was as close as it was, how about looking at Ty Law. He was guarding the pylon on the TD they scored. He wasn't within 15 yds of ANY player on the field. Including his own teammates!! That is the most out of position I have seen a player in a long time!!
    You said it man!

He was trying to give the coverage to someone else on our team, and went outside to cover NOONE!!!

It looked to me like he is tired of getting burned so he just pawned it off on one of the young guys!!

Selfish!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I think you're right! Age has set in for Ty Law. Chad Johnson had his way with Ty Law. I know some of the young guys are learning at db, but it seems that the chiefs always bring in older db's, ones who have past their prime. don't know if it's to teach the rookies or what? Yes, lj did have a 50+ run and some catches for first downs. he seems to be more effective when he runs UPfield and hits.

I think you're right! Age has set in for Ty Law. Chad Johnson had his way with Ty Law. I know some of the young guys are learning at db, but it seems that the chiefs always bring in older db's, ones who have past their prime. don't know if it's to teach the rookies or what? Yes, lj did have a 50+ run and some catches for first downs. he seems to be more effective when he runs UPfield and hits.
    All LJ asks is for a hole. Any hole. Just give the guy a hole to run through and he will wreak havoc in the secondary!

Good job LJ!

Boo Ty Law!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

LJ got spoiled with that line he had last year and the year before. when you run behind one of the best offensive lines you get a little spoiled and you can pretty much pick any hole you want to run through

This is the story of the Chiefs. At least we are winning and are atop the AFC West.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.