Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Webnews: Plaintiff in Redskins patent case urges Chiefs to change

Thumbs Up
    Received: 87
    Given: 30

Post Webnews: Plaintiff in Redskins patent case urges Chiefs to change

0 Not allowed!
    By Michael David Smith
    The Washington Redskins aren’t the only NFL team whose name bothers some Native Americans. The Kansas City Chiefs should also change their name to avoid giving offense, according to Amanda Blackhorse, the lead plaintiff in the case that the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office just decided against the Redskins. “I’m not sure there’s anything the…
    Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 277
    Given: 879

0 Not allowed!
    If people really want to do the Native American population some good, book a trip to South Dakota, check out Crazy Horse, make a donation. They're planning on building a university there for native americans. Beautiful area, especially in the summertime.

Jumping up and down over a getting a rich guy to change the name of his business will change nothing but letters.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 369
    Given: 434

0 Not allowed!
    I hate the Redskins. Have ever since I lived in DC for 22 years. That said, I'm old enough to remember the old western moves from the 60's and it's pretty easy to see how some Native Americans could get offended by the name "Redskins". Personally, I think it's BS that people feel the need to make a federal case out of it every time their feelings get butthurt. But yeah...I can some feelings getting hurt of that team's name.

But Chiefs is a whole different matter. Chief is a term of great respect. And anyone that finds the term offensive is just so full of crap that it's leaking out their ears.

And as for Ms. Blackhorse......I hope she gets stomped to death by a black horse! And just in case anyone is getting all nervous I am not suggesting I actually want her dead. I just want her to shut up and go away.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 66

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I hate the Redskins. Have ever since I lived in DC for 22 years. That said, I'm old enough to remember the old western moves from the 60's and it's pretty easy to see how some Native Americans could get offended by the name "Redskins". Personally, I think it's BS that people feel the need to make a federal case out of it every time their feelings get butthurt. But yeah...I can some feelings getting hurt of that team's name.

But Chiefs is a whole different matter. Chief is a term of great respect. And anyone that finds the term offensive is just so full of crap that it's leaking out their ears.

And as for Ms. Blackhorse......I hope she gets stomped to death by a black horse! And just in case anyone is getting all nervous I am not suggesting I actually want her dead. I just want her to shut up and go away.
    Why do you dislike the word redskins, if you do? I dislike the fact that I am called a cracker by some, I take offense that some of different color of skin say you can not use a certain word, but they use it all the time. So it is okay they use a word that if I use it, it is racist.
    It is all a bunch of bovine excrement! All need to grow up and let the past be, move forward in life! We all struggled in life to get thru life. We all die, when it is over.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 128
    Given: 4

0 Not allowed!
    I don't see the Chiefs, their Symbol or even the stadium Arrowhead as an insult in anyway. If anything it is a compliment. specific to the Oceola Seminoles. Specially when Kc has picked their team names around persons of power, such as the Royals, Kings, Monarchs, Chiefs.

If they are going to attack the Chiefs next, they might want to put the Boy Scouts on their list as well.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 369
    Given: 434

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Why do you dislike the word redskins, if you do? I dislike the fact that I am called a cracker by some, I take offense that some of different color of skin say you can not use a certain word, but they use it all the time. So it is okay they use a word that if I use it, it is racist.
    It is all a bunch of bovine excrement! All need to grow up and let the past be, move forward in life! We all struggled in life to get thru life. We all die, when it is over.
    No....the term redskins does not offend me. Not in the least. I was just saying that having grown up in the '60's and watched MANY westerns where native americans were often referred to as "dirty redkins", "thieving redskins" "drunken redskins" and many similar phrases I can understand how some may be offended by the term. But I think this business of making it a federal case every time someone is offended is offensive and a gross intrusion on the part of government into people's personal and private business affairs. And it offends the hell out of me.

I'm a gun owner. I hunt, I target shoot and I shoot clay pigeons. I've owned guns for over 55 years. And every time someone who favors gun control starts going on about how dangerous, fanatic etc etc etc gun owners are then I am DEEPLY offended. Where is the lawyer who will sue those politicians for me on a contingency basis? I've been deeply hurt and offended by a bunch of anti-gun politicians and certainly I'm entitled to a few million dollars to make up for the way my government has offended me.

Only seems fair to me.

So you see, I agree with you. But I do understand how the name "redskins" might cause offense to some. But as I said, anyone who finds the Chiefs name offensive is clearly so full of whale poop that it is leaking out their ears and will soon be leaking out of their scalp!

OOOPS!!!! The use of the term "scalp" has probably offended Ms. Blackhorse.

I challenge anyone to show me where in the Constitution of the United States it guarantees that everybody has the right to never be offended. I've read the constitution more than a time of two and somehow I have NEVER found the part that says everyone has a legal right to never be offended.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 06-27-2014 at 11:35 AM.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 478
    Given: 79

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post

THIS

Ms. Blackhorse is going to run into a giant problem in her efforts to change these names. Do you know there are native american schools who use the team name Redskins. Heres the website of one of them
    http://rmusdhs.ss4.sharpschool.com/

Maybe Ms.Blackhorse should start her fight there.
    ​BAN ROY

Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 3

0 Not allowed!
    I hope the Hunts have the balls to tell her to go to hell and not even give one of those "we at the Chiefs are sympathetic...blah, blah" statements. That bee atch is also trying to get our County to change from "Cochise County". Our county is named in HONOR of the Chiricauha chief who was never defeated in battle by the US and Mexican armies. My great grandmother was a member of his Southern band. To hell with this woman! To hell with all these weenie, professionally outraged!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    hunt doesnt have any balls!!! have you seen this teams off season??? he needs to be replaced with a real owner!!!!!!!!!!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 478
    Given: 79

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    hunt doesnt have any balls!!! have you seen this teams off season??? he needs to be replaced with a real owner!!!!!!!!!!
    There was a good time that I would agree with this. But now I greatly thank Clark Hunt for what he has done. Being a fan of the Cleveland Indians has shown me what a bad owner does. It gets WAY WAY worse then Clark
    ​BAN ROY

Thumbs Up
    Received: 92
    Given: 46

0 Not allowed!
    Reid and his storm troopers will decide who's offensive and who isn't

IMO the word Washington is far more offensive and should be removed
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast