Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Webnews: Plaintiff in Redskins patent case urges Chiefs to change

Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: Plaintiff in Redskins patent case urges Chiefs to change

0 Not allowed!
    By Michael David Smith
    The Washington Redskins aren’t the only NFL team whose name bothers some Native Americans. The Kansas City Chiefs should also change their name to avoid giving offense, according to Amanda Blackhorse, the lead plaintiff in the case that the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office just decided against the Redskins. “I’m not sure there’s anything the…
    Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 322
    Given: 317

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    There was a good time that I would agree with this. But now I greatly thank Clark Hunt for what he has done. Being a fan of the Cleveland Indians has shown me what a bad owner does. It gets WAY WAY worse then Clark
    Y'know.....just my dumb-assed opinion, but Clark Hunt (damned young punk) got us Andy Reid and John Dorsey. And I think it's the best coach/management team we've had in a LONG time. Clark Hunt is OK in my books. And while I expect this year will hurt I think we are on the right track with Reid/Dorsey.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 84
    Given: 1

2 Not allowed!
    I think we are on the right track. I think we will be a better this year eve if our record dont show it. We still need some ugrades to be a true contender but it looks promising.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 322
    Given: 317

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    I think we are on the right track. I think we will be a better this year eve if our record dont show it. We still need some ugrades to be a true contender but it looks promising.
    That is EXACTLY RIGHT! Let's remember that not so long ago our Chiefs were a team in COMPLETE DISARRAY. We had a fair amount of good players but our overall record for 2006 (9-7), 2007 (4-12), 2008 (2-14), 2009 (4-12), 2010 (10-6-playoff loss), 2011 (7-9), 2012 (2-14), 2013 (11-5) was a combined 49-89. Take away the first Reid/Dorsey year and our record for the previous 7 years was 38-84. A 33% win ratio. Pretty poor in this era of "parity".

With the hiring of Reid and Dorsey we have truly cleaned house. Smart guys that they are, their first year they didn't "blow the team up"....instead they used the players we had, added a few pieces and got us an 11-5 record and a whisker away from a playoff win. They showed Clark Hunt what "could be".

This year we have been strangled by the salary cap and we got hammered in Free Agency. And Reid and Dorsey have done what a new management team usually does in the first year....Blow the team up. And as always when that happens we will suffer for it this year. I'm hoping for 9-7 or 8-8....but I wouldn't bet the mortgage on either. We've got a tough schedule and we lost a lot of better players.

But we are going to get a lot of compensatory picks next year and we are going to be a younger and cheaper team with so many players working for rookie contracts. That means that going forward we are going to have the cap space to do some things in Free Agency.

The 2014 season WILL NOT be what we'd like, but 2015 will be better....maybe a playoff appearance. 2016 will be "the year". We'll make the playoffs, win our first round game and have a decent chance of making the AFC Championship game.

We have good management, good coaching and the Chiefs are headed in the right direction!!!
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 07-09-2014 at 01:21 PM.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 19

0 Not allowed!
    It will stay the Chiefs. Unless something happens. Or a miracle does. As no need to change it.
    ​List is Life!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123