Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remembering Chirstian Okoye!

Default Remembering Chirstian Okoye!

Guys...I'm a KC Chiefs fan on FB & someone posted about Christian Okoye. My beloved #35! I'm 48, so many of your younger guys might not completely understand. When Marty came to town, I was hopeful. The mid 70's & really most of the 80's was a complete joke. Then, we had Marty, Steve DeBerg, Christian Okoye & the BEST offensive line (of all-time IMHO) Our defensive was loaded as well. That 1990 playoff game against Miami was when I simply brokedown. I was 25 years old & I cried like a baby outside my parents home. Dave Szott (his rookie season) was called for holding, as Christian brought the ball to the 8 yard-line. Nick Lowey lined-up for a 45+ yard field goal & was "dead-on" & was short by less then a foot. I'll never forget that game. Please do me a favor & watch this Okoye video that will take 5 minutes of you life. He was a raw football player & made the best of what was given to him. Top 10 power running-backs of all-time IMHO. He only lasted 6 years.
    Last edited by KCMASS; 06-26-2014 at 08:52 PM.
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    oh... my... god... THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT. LMAO... I was in tears. 100% health with a turbo controller... and THAT is how I became a Chiefs fan. lol

I'm sorry. You all now know the unholy truth of how I became one you...

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Lol!

Wished he would had lasted for more years. Guy was also a class act off the field as well.
    ​Happy Halloween 2021

DAMN! And I never even heard of Tecmo Superbowl!!!! I became a Chiefs fan MANY years ago. When I was a young pup my Dad was concerned about my masculinity because I had no interest in football, so along about when I was 9 years old he took me on a business trip to KC and bought tickets to a game. It was against the RAIDERS! Chiefs won 16-13 IIRC and I was HOOKED!!!! Chiefs fan and Raider hater ever since. The closest I have ever come to suicide was Christmas Day of '71. Jan Stenerud broke my heart that day. So now I hate the damned fish from Miami every bit as much as I do the Raiders.

KCMASS.....Thanks again for posting that. Just watched it again and it really put a big smile on my face.

ctchiefsfan: My pleasure. It was posted on Facebook & I wanted to pass it along to everyone on these boards.
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

So many GREAT players from "back in the day".

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    oh... my... god... THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT. LMAO... I was in tears. 100% health with a turbo controller... and THAT is how I became a Chiefs fan. lol

I'm sorry. You all now know the unholy truth of how I became one you...
    YW....When jap & yourself brought that up, remembered the game. First one I ever seen with full rosters, injuries & constantly changing health statuses of players.

Awesome...nes!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12