Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Webnews: Preseason Power Rankings No. 17: Kansas City Chiefs

Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: Preseason Power Rankings No. 17: Kansas City Chiefs

0 Not allowed!
    By Mike Wilkening
    At their best, the Chiefs are playoff-caliber. The Chiefs proved it a season ago with their sound, stout play en route to a wild card berth. The Chiefs forced 36 turnovers and committed a mere 18. Their defense proved too tough for weaker opposition. By early November, the Chiefs were 9-0 and had all but…
    Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 336
    Given: 348

0 Not allowed!
    Both matthewchiefs and Seek have said it well...Clark Hunt has done a pretty good job as owner and through his part in the new CBA has become a force to be reckoned with in the NFL. That said, he has not yet completed his primary task, which is to make the Chiefs a perennial contender.

In John Dorsey (age 54 in August) I think he has gotten someone that can be our GM for the next 10 years or maybe a bit longer, and I think he's going to get better at the job than he already is (which is pretty good to begin with).

Andy Reid (age 56) is a very good coach. He really gets a lot out of his players. As many have said, I fully expect this year to be a setback compared to last year thanks to our cap troubles and Free Agency losses, but we are going to have a lot of compensatory picks in the 2015 draft and I suspect we'll have a few extra picks in the 2016 draft as well. Even though compensatory picks can not be traded, they do free up our regular picks for trade purposes. Going into the 2016 season we are going to have probably the youngest and least expensive team in the NFL....which will give us cap space to keep the players that have proved themselves deserving of big contracts. The backbone of our Chiefs will be playing on rookie contracts and with Reid coaching them they will be playing well.

So IMO we are in a position to be a contender again in the 2015 season and probably through at least the 2020 season.

I believe that at the least the "Schottenheimer years" are back and I think Andy Reid is going to do FAR better in the playoffs than Marty did.

My only real concern about our Chiefs right now is that I wish Andy Reid was 10 years younger and John Dorsey was 5-6 years younger. But I am confident that after struggling this year, 2015 to at least 2020 are going to be really fun years to be a Chiefs fan.

Reid and Dorsey will make the NFL forget all about the Patriots.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 46

0 Not allowed!
    BTY wife and I live closer to training camp now. was thinking of going up there with the camera's. is it open to the public everyday???
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Thumbs Up
    Received: 120
    Given: 4

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    BTY wife and I live closer to training camp now. was thinking of going up there with the camera's. is it open to the public everyday???
    I don't know their schedule but they post the public sessions on the web site. Last year the made one session each day public and the other was private. Anything indoors is private. Last year we went to a morning session which was different from the previous year. I believe Andy had them outdoors when it was cooler then indoors during the heat of the day.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I don't know their schedule but they post the public sessions on the web site. Last year the made one session each day public and the other was private. Anything indoors is private. Last year we went to a morning session which was different from the previous year. I believe Andy had them outdoors when it was cooler then indoors during the heat of the day.
    thanks. first day of TC is this thrusday. looks like its open to the general public. but no more after that.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    thanks. first day of TC is this thrusday. looks like its open to the general public. but no more after that.
    I don't believe that to be correct. I listed the practice schedule. I believe all of those dates are public practices. I know it said the First day is open to the public, but I think that was just confirming all the days open to the public were listed below. It looks to be the same schedule as last year and I went one of the last days just before they closed Training camp.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    I don't believe that to be correct. I listed the practice schedule. I believe all of those dates are public practices. I know it said the First day is open to the public, but I think that was just confirming all the days open to the public were listed below. It looks to be the same schedule as last year and I went one of the last days just before they closed Training camp.
    the schedule claims first day is this thursday the 24th. open to the public

The Kansas City Chiefs announced on Thursday dates for 2014 Chiefs Training Camp presented by Mosaic Life Care at Missouri Western State University in St. Joseph, Mo. All times and dates are subject to change. Walk-through practices are closed to the public.

link

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    the schedule claims first day is this thursday the 24th. open to the public

The Kansas City Chiefs announced on Thursday dates for 2014 Chiefs Training Camp presented by Mosaic Life Care at Missouri Western State University in St. Joseph, Mo. All times and dates are subject to change. Walk-through practices are closed to the public.

link
    Yeah, like I previously thought. The Walk throughs are the days before and after the games and their second session in the after noon which is usually film and work outs. The only thing you need to worry about is the weather. If they move it in doors you only get like a half hour notice so if you plan on going a day and the weather is questionable you may make the trip for nothing. Just saying that from experience.

All practices beginning on July 24 will be open to the public. Practices conducted indoors due to inclement weather at Missouri Western will not be open to the public. Groups of players will sign autographs following each practice session. Unless otherwise noted, all outdoor training camp practices will be free of charge. Missouri Western will charge a $5 parking fee per vehicle per day.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, like I previously thought. The Walk throughs are the days before and after the games and their second session in the after noon which is usually film and work outs. The only thing you need to worry about is the weather. If they move it in doors you only get like a half hour notice so if you plan on going a day and the weather is questionable you may make the trip for nothing. Just saying that from experience.

All practices beginning on July 24 will be open to the public. Practices conducted indoors due to inclement weather at Missouri Western will not be open to the public. Groups of players will sign autographs following each practice session. Unless otherwise noted, all outdoor training camp practices will be free of charge. Missouri Western will charge a $5 parking fee per vehicle per day.
    yes the heat is a factor. this ole man can't take it. 84 on thursday and they start at 3:30. my wife is ticked she has to work. so since im close i may run up there and just stay in the car till i find out what's gonna happen. so hope i get some good pics. if so ill post em here. now i just have to find this place

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    yes the heat is a factor. this ole man can't take it. 84 on thursday and they start at 3:30. my wife is ticked she has to work. so since im close i may run up there and just stay in the car till i find out what's gonna happen. so hope i get some good pics. if so ill post em here. now i just have to find this place
    Its pretty easy to find.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12