Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Webnews: Report: Jamaal Charles will hold out from Chiefs camp

Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 30

Post Webnews: Report: Jamaal Charles will hold out from Chiefs camp

0 Not allowed!
    By Michael David Smith
    In a surprise move, one of the NFL’s best players has reportedly decided not to report to training camp. Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles will not show up when the Chiefs report to camp on Thursday. Charles is holding out for more money, KCTV-5 reports. Charles still has two more years left on his contract…
    Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 92
    Given: 46

0 Not allowed!
    I was going to TC tomorrow. im not so sure now
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Thumbs Up
    Received: 369
    Given: 428

1 Not allowed!
    This is really annoying! I understand Smith and Houston wanting a new deal before they play out the last year of their contract, but threatening to hold out when you have 2 years left on your deal is COMPLETE BS! Let him sit. Let him sit for two years. Don't pay him a single damned dime for those two years. Let's see how much money a team is willing to pay him after he hasn't played a down in two years.

It has become the norm to demand an extension in the last year of your contract and I'm OK with that. Nothing at all wrong with starting negotiations for a new contract a year in advance. Especially if you don't throw a hissy fit and hold out. I've heard that Houston intends to report for training camp so he is doing the right thing....asking for an extension but still getting ready to play. Same for Alex Smith who has handled his request for an extension with complete class.

But I am NOT OK with holding out when you have 2 years left on your contract. THAT IS COMPLETE BS!!!
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 07-23-2014 at 11:39 AM.

Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!
    The more I think about this the madder I get. I understand these guys have short careers and they need to make as much money as they can because many of them won't have meaningful careers after football. But they also have one HUGE advantage that most of us don't have.....they don't have to worry that their employer is going to go out of business and leave them out of work with no paycheck. That's happened to me 3 times and it's always been after a couple of years of...."Times are tough right now. We really can't afford to increase your pay this year. But don't worry, we'll take care of you next year."

I am REALLY PO'd at JC right now. Give me his paycheck for half a season and I'd retire in modest comfort for the rest of my life. And this guy can't even wait until the start of his last contract year to ask for more loot???

JC is set to make $5.23 million in combined salary and bonuses this year and $7.33 million next year. AND HE'S COMPLAINING IT'S NOT ENOUGH????? WTF!!!! $12.56 million over 2 years isn't enough???????????? WTF!!!!!! Let him sit out all he wants.....and divide his unpaid game day check between Alex Smith and Justin Houston!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring on Knile Davis!!!
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 07-23-2014 at 12:04 PM.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 9

0 Not allowed!
    Our cap situation is an absolute mess, I cannot see Bowe being around this time next year when we need the room for Smith, Houston and Charles. When you have major cap problems you expect the franchise to have a roster in contention to go deep into the play-offs and possibly win a championship but we don't have that, very concerning.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis_Chiefs View Post
    Our cap situation is an absolute mess, I cannot see Bowe being around this time next year when we need the room for Smith, Houston and Charles. When you have major cap problems you expect the franchise to have a roster in contention to go deep into the play-offs and possibly win a championship but we don't have that, very concerning.
    Yes....very concerning. And really shows just how bad the Pioli years were. Certainly the contract Dorsey gave Bowe did not help, but it shows that there was no stragic plan behind the contracts Pioli wrote.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 128
    Given: 4

0 Not allowed!
    You know, When Brandon Flowers left they asked him who he will miss the most and he named DJ and J. Charles. Stating that they were his boys. How much of this do you think is possibly related to the Chiefs cutting Flowers to make cap space. No a friend of Flowers is wanting part of that cap space and basically sticking it to the Chiefs.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    You know, When Brandon Flowers left they asked him who he will miss the most and he named DJ and J. Charles. Stating that they were his boys. How much of this do you think is possibly related to the Chiefs cutting Flowers to make cap space. No a friend of Flowers is wanting part of that cap space and basically sticking it to the Chiefs.
    should I go to TC tomorrow and shake hands with millionaire cry babies ???
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Charles has gotten an extension and will report. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...s-new-contract He's getting $18.1 million for 2 extra years plus an additional $5.1 million for the 2 years remaining on this contract. So he's getting roughly $35.5 million for 4 years. Average $8.88 million per year.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Charles has gotten an extension and will report. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...s-new-contract He's getting $18.1 million for 2 extra years plus an additional $5.1 million for the 2 years remaining on this contract. So he's getting roughly $35.5 million for 4 years. Average $8.88 million per year.
    wonder how much ticket prices rise???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12