Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webnews: Report: Jamaal Charles will hold out from Chiefs camp

Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 30

Post Webnews: Report: Jamaal Charles will hold out from Chiefs camp

0 Not allowed!
    By Michael David Smith
    In a surprise move, one of the NFL’s best players has reportedly decided not to report to training camp. Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles will not show up when the Chiefs report to camp on Thursday. Charles is holding out for more money, KCTV-5 reports. Charles still has two more years left on his contract…
    Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 451
    Given: 78

0 Not allowed!
    CRAP
    ​BAN ROY

Thumbs Up
    Received: 110
    Given: 152

0 Not allowed!
    At least Knile Davis will get some good reps, right ... right? Welcome to cap hell ...

Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 66

0 Not allowed!
    Well, we have always have had running backs, and Davis now gets his shot to shine. I am so sick of this, I only get paid what I get paid. They all make a lot more than me, and if they would bank it, instead of spend it, they will have plenty to live better than me. JC, take the year off.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 46

0 Not allowed!
    gotta keep him. otherwise he could be a denver donkey or a bolt
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Thumbs Up
    Received: 659
    Given: 816

0 Not allowed!
    Not good news. Not good, at all. I was hoping it would not come to this.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 66

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    gotta keep him. otherwise he could be a denver donkey or a bolt
    He is under contract, he no play, no pay. I would also think, can not play anywhere else in NFL. If we release, then can be signed. It is a bad thing for him in wage wise, a bad thing for the Chiefs, but the Team has time to develop his replacement, and we always have a RB. Training camp will now focus more on a replacement.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 4

0 Not allowed!
    I don't like this one bit. What does J. Charles have that most running backs dont have. It is not put your head down and run through people power it is his speed and agility. He is a type of player that will fall off the face of the earth the moment he loses just the slightest of steps. He is at that age where the could happen.

He has a 1 million dollar Reporting bonus. If he shows up to camp on time he gets a million dollars. So he goes to OTA and works out in KC all off season and then suddenely he is holding out for more money before camp.

I understand he was 35% of our entire offense last year and I would love to pay him more money as he is clearly the most underpaid offensive players we have. But what if he knows he lost that step, and is trying to make some bank before the Chiefs realize it. I have rarely seen a running back hold out and then come and play to their new contract. They just fall off way to fast.

Knile Davis showed enough last year towards the ends of the season to give the Chiefs some leverage. As much as I love Charles. I hope the Chiefs give him more money but not top dollar. It will hurt this team down the line.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 46

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I don't like this one bit. What does J. Charles have that most running backs dont have. It is not put your head down and run through people power it is his speed and agility. He is a type of player that will fall off the face of the earth the moment he loses just the slightest of steps. He is at that age where the could happen.

He has a 1 million dollar Reporting bonus. If he shows up to camp on time he gets a million dollars. So he goes to OTA and works out in KC all off season and then suddenely he is holding out for more money before camp.

I understand he was 35% of our entire offense last year and I would love to pay him more money as he is clearly the most underpaid offensive players we have. But what if he knows he lost that step, and is trying to make some bank before the Chiefs realize it. I have rarely seen a running back hold out and then come and play to their new contract. They just fall off way to fast.

Knile Davis showed enough last year towards the ends of the season to give the Chiefs some leverage. As much as I love Charles. I hope the Chiefs give him more money but not top dollar. It will hurt this team down the line.
    this team??? if they don't get their bucks its bye bye team and to the fans, its been fun but i gotta run. no such thing as loyalty anymore. they never heard of it. its about bucks. not buck rogers

Charles holding out from training camp
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Thumbs Up
    Received: 362
    Given: 414

0 Not allowed!
    Oh JIMMINY CRICKETS!!! Now we have 3 problem children.....Houston, JC and Smith. And they are all wanting money that we simply don't have. WTF????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast