Thread: Donks owner Pat Bowlen resigns has Alzheimer's

Default Donks owner Pat Bowlen resigns has Alzheimer's

just found out. he will turn over control of the club. Team president Joe Ellis will assume control of the Broncos as Bowlen focuses on his health.

how tragic. prayers for him and his family. for me it strikes home. my mother N law has this awful disease. she's been living with me and my wife since last Nov. her memory is totally gone so ive seen it up close and personal. my wife and her brother will take her to a nursing home early next month. Alzheimer's is fatal. there''s no cure

story
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

was reading on www.reddit.com/r/NFL that he can't remember the super bowl wins and when mark schlereth sees him, Mr.Bowlen doesn't even recognize him.

Thoughts and prayers go out to the family

Putting team loyalties aside. Alzheimer is a horrible disease process. My great grandmother had it. She couldnt recognize her own family. It is horribly hard on the family and will eventually kill him. My condolences to his family.

my mother N law has also become combative. she'll fly off the handle and use really vulgar language. my PCP's nurse claims someday they will just forget to breathe and that's it. an experience i will never forget
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Very sad news, my condolences to his family.

I've had the misfortune to see up close and personal what Alzheimer's does to people. It's not something I would wish on my worst enemy. I hope Mr. Bowlen is fortunate enough to not have to deal with it for too long. I wish his family the strength to deal with this horrid disease.