Thread: Shawn McGrath's career as a Chief Over?

Default Shawn McGrath's career as a Chief Over?

Shawn McGrath was one of the 7 players we picked up last year after cuts were made, and he filled in at TE after fasano got hurt and was actually a very reliable player for us. He is the duck Dynasty Beard guy. Well apparently Andy Reid was asked about why he was not practicing and he said he has some personal issues to work out. Many are speculating his career as a Chief is over. Some think he may retire.

I don't know the details but this is dissapointing. He became a favorite last year by stepping up and doing what many receivers and TE failed to do for year. Catch balls thrown to him and play with heart.

There are some who think he wasnt going to make the roster anyways. Fasano and Kelce are fighting for #1 and #2. There is a lot of talk that Demetrius Harris (I think that is his name, the guy who played Basketball in college) is really showing some talent in the offseason and is really coming along in his blocking game (which is what he needed to learn). I like McGrath for his blocking, but if the other 3 guys can be consistent with their run blocking, McGrath is the odd man out.

I did a quick google search and came up with this.... http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2014/7...camp-andy-reid which doesn't say anything more. I kinda liked the kid. He was never going to be a star, but like Seek said, when he got a chance he stepped right up, caught the balls that were thrown to him and played like his life depended on it. I hope he'll be back, but if not I wish him well. FEAR THE BEARD!!!

It is sitting a bench and playing once in awhile, or duck hunting. Hey Phil was the starter over Bradshaw, gave up football and made a name and money for his family all the same and for duck hunting as a reason.
    His life, he knows what he is doing.

Last edited by tornadospotter; 07-28-2014 at 06:26 PM.