Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Who needs Roy CHIEFS VS BENGALS game thread

Default Who needs Roy CHIEFS VS BENGALS game thread

LESS THEN 24 HOURS till Kickoff WHOS READY

Im excited that we finally can get that bitter taste of how the season ended last year away. Lets start a new year IT'S FOOTBALL SEASON boys and gals
    Oh and eat one Roy I beat you to anther game thread
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Technically you didn't. Roy's threads are Gameday threads you are posting a day too early

So it may not have been made on gameday but it's NOW GAMEDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I always get super excited for the first game even if it is a preseason game and make the first game thread of the year after that I leave it to Roy to do his thing.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

It's the first preseason game of the year, so, like the Chiefs starters, I'm taking it easy this week.

But this will get us started:
    The Kansas City Chiefs

vs.

The Cincinnati Bengals

Thursday, August 7, 7:00pm CST
    at
    Arrowhead Stadium

Kansas City, Kansas

Television coverage:

NBC

Watch online:

WiZiWiG.tv
    VIPBox.eu
    BossCast.net
    Feed2All.eu
    TV-Link.in
    DraculaStream.eu (Scroll down to Chiefs games)
    FirstRowUs1.eu

Before watching any streams please READ THIS important message.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Weather Forcast: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 69. North wind 3 to 8 mph.

Line:
    Chiefs -2, Over/Under: 36.5

Yahoo Inside Slant:

After the end of the 2013 season, most Kansas City Chiefs observers figured the team's offseason shopping list would start with a wide receiver.

Coach Andy Reid's passing game lacked any real firepower as the depth of talent available for quarterback Alex Smith to target was shallow.

General manager John Dorsey -- a transplant from the Packers' front office that made a living on plucking receivers in the middle and late rounds -- and Reid, who knew Dorsey from Green Bay and used a similar buy-low approach on receivers with the Eagles -- seem to have other thoughts about their receiving group. They did not spend big money in free agency and did not use a selection in the 2014 NFL Draft on a pass catcher. The only additions that attracted any notice in the football world were the signing of Weston Dressler out of the Canadian Football League and the addition of running back/receiver/returner De'Anthony Thomas as a fifth-round selection in the draft from the University of Oregon.

The Chiefs went to training camp with 13 wide receivers and the competition for the five or six spots on the 53-man roster is intense, especially since eight of the 13 have not caught a single pass in the NFL.

"Our whole receiver crew has done an excellent job," said Smith. "They had a great offseason and they've kept it going in camp with the pads on. Those guys come out and battle every single day. They come out prepared and make a lot of plays."

One of the reasons the Chiefs did not invest further in receivers is the $50 million contract they gave Pro Bowl No. 1 receiver Dwyane Bowe in March 2013.

Bowe didn't perform like a star in Reid's system last season, but he arrived in the best physical shape of his career and he's the established leader of the group. But he must improve on his performance from last season with 57 catches for 673 yards and five touchdown receptions. VeteranDonnie Avery must have a better season than what he put on the field in 2013, with 40 grabs for 596 yards and two touchdowns.

No other receiver has a guaranteed spot entering the preseason opener. Thomas will be a hybrid weapon for Reid's offense, as he'll lineup in the backfield, as well as outside as a receiver. His spot on the roster should be safe, especially since he's been one of the best performers in camp. He has quickly picked up the always difficult Reid offense and won the respect of his teammates on defense.

"As a defensive player, you get nervous when you've got him in the game," said veteran linebacker Derrick Johnson. "You look up and it's No. 1 in the backfield and that's not a running back to me. He's one of those guys that's going to create that mismatch for the linebackers. He's going to help us this year."

Veteran Kyle Williams and rookie Albert Wilson have been most impressive among the rest of the wideouts during the practices. Williams was claimed on waivers last year when he was released by San Francisco, but one week into his Chiefs season he suffered a torn ACL in practice. The five-year veteran has shown no ill-effects from the injury and surgery.

Wilson pushed his way into roster contention by traveling the toughest road in the game - an undrafted rookie free agent. Coming out of Georgia State University, Wilson was a big playmaker for a college program that was just breaking its way into Division 1 football. In camp practices his chances to play with the No. 1 offense increase on a daily basis as the coaches and quarterback have growing confidence in his abilities.

"Albert has done a great job for an undrafted rookie receiver," said Smith. "To come in and not just mentally grasp it, but he's made a lot of plays. He's been impressive."

Other receivers have shown flashes. Frankie Hammond, who spent last season on the Chiefs practice squad and Fred Williams, coming in with a background in the Arena Football League, are performing like players who know every camp practice could be their last. Dressler along with Junior Hemingway and A.J. Jenkins will be in the mix as well.

There are a lot of bodies to wade through and it's important the Chiefs find reliable receivers that can make contributions to the offense.
    "We give them as many reps as we can," said Reid. "It takes a little time. We evaluate them and play the best guys ... we just keep playing them."

Notable Quotable: "You just have to be hungry, You just have to feel like you have to knock their head off before they knock yours off. In your mind you have to have the will to do it. You've got to have the will to go out there and knock somebody out. I don't like to get hit, so I'm going to hit you before you hit me."---Chiefs Running back Jamaal Charles

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

A little reminder to any one else who will have to be watching this game online it's very helpful to have ad blocker installed on your browser either firefox or chrome. Makes it a much more enjoyable time watching without all the adds
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    A little reminder to any one else who will have to be watching this game online it's very helpful to have ad blocker installed on your browser either firefox or chrome. Makes it a much more enjoyable time watching without all the adds
    For some reason, the tips for watching online streams link was stripped from my previous post. you can find it here.

I always use Maxthon browser for watching online streams. It also has an excellent ad blocker and allows you to "pop out" the video and watch the game on one side of your screen (or your tv if it is hooked up to your computer), and browse the ChiefsCrowd forum/facebook/etc. on the other side. The Maxthon browser can be found here.

Another awesome tool for watching anything live and any archived movie or TV episode online is XBMC. You can use it to find virtually every live sporting event online. It also will find just about every movie ever released on DVD or VHS. And it will find almost every episode of every TV show. It's like having a DVR that records EVERYTHING automatically! It requires some set up to get the most out of it, but installing the required add-ons is fairly easy and well worth the effort. It's completely free and you will never see an advertisement (other than those aired on live tv channels, of course). Find out more here.

Maybe i'll look up a stream when I get home, but I can't get into exhibition games.

The first preseason game gets me real excited because it's just so darn long between the end of the year and the start of the next year. It's really the only preseason game that I get really up for the rest are just there
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Kansas City Chiefs@KCChiefs 2m
    #Chiefs Inactives for #CINvsKC:Jenkins, Harrison, Commings, Berry, McKnight, Moses, DeVito, Catapano, Hemingway, Love
    Expand

TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast