Thread: Phillip Gaines

Hybrid View

Default Phillip Gaines

Hello Chiefs fans.

I'm not here to troll your board at all. I am a Cowboys fan. I am also a Longhorns fan, so I keep up with DJ and Charles.

However, as of this year's draft, Gaines is now my favorite Chief. He graduated from the same HS as me, one of the most successful football programs in TX high school history, Converse Judson.

Any info you can offer on his progress or play will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

BTW, even though you have that scumbag Reid as your coach, I am rooting for you to win your division. I hate the other 3 teams.

Welcome! As long as you treat us with respect (no reason to think you wouldn't), you will get nothing but respect from us!

As far as I know, Gaines is buried on the depth chart for now. I don't live in KC, so I don't know all the details of his performance and where he is lacking. I know some others on this board can give a better analysis.

Reid is saying hes improving everyday. And I think he did ok in the game. I do t think he got burned. I remember him running and defending a few balls and almost got an Int if the receiver didn't hold his shoulder back. I think by the end of the year he will be starting. I think it will be smith, cooper and gaines as the top 3 cb. So he will be in nickel which we will play alot. My guess.

I think he has a great chance to start games this year. I'm hopeful that he continues to progress. I watched quite a bit of his tape on YouTube. Could be a small school gem just like Brandon Carr. Probably gonna be a dime back to start the season.

Welcome Biggems....Like jap1 said we welcome most anyone other than blatant trolls here.

As to Gaines.....right now Andy Reid seems to be his biggest fan. From what I have read, Reid thinks Gaines has excellent potential.

Dunno why you would dislike Reid now that he's no longer coaching in the NFC East.

From what I watched, Gaine will have a couple of flags thrown at him this year. He did well covering his guy but made zero attempt to look for the ball and was really face guarding the receiver. But the good news is, he was at least in position to face guard so the rest he can develop later.

This makes me happy and upsets me at the same time. I am happy to see my guy doing so well. It is always great to see guys from my alma mater in the NFL. It upsets me because Dallas had a golden chance to get him, but passed......and to pile on, we traded our 3rd to move up and take a guy who is injured and out for about a month or two.

thanks for all the updates