Thread: Webnews: Dwayne Bowe suspended one game for violating drug policy

Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: Dwayne Bowe suspended one game for violating drug policy

0 Not allowed!
    By Darin Gantt
    The Friday NFL suspension news is rolling in a few hours earlier than normal this week. According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe is being suspended one week for violating the league’s substance abuse policy. He was arrested for possession of marijuana last fall, and had previously been suspended four games…
    Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!
    Its not a good sign when this isn't shocking news.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!
    He did us a favor since his suspension made next year salary non guaranteed. We can cut him after this year with no cap hit.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 139

0 Not allowed!
    I'm actually a little shocked. He wasn't convicted of possession, but he was suspended anyways. Weren't his charges dropped to "defective equipment." So he is getting a suspension for defective equipment or being in a car with someone else with weed? Id imagine if he really wanted to press the NFL, he could appeal this decision and have a decent chance of winning.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 117
    Given: 4

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I'm actually a little shocked. He wasn't convicted of possession, but he was suspended anyways. Weren't his charges dropped to "defective equipment." So he is getting a suspension for defective equipment or being in a car with someone else with weed? Id imagine if he really wanted to press the NFL, he could appeal this decision and have a decent chance of winning.
    He has already been suspended four games for violating the substance abuse policy in the past due to a diuretic, supposedly used to help him lose weight. I think you could logically tie the two intances together and face a 6 game or full year suspension. So I think a one game suspension was generous and pushing the subject will give him absolutely zero leash should he do something Dumboweish again.