Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Webnews: Dwayne Bowe looking good early for Chiefs

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,173
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 27

    Post Webnews: Dwayne Bowe looking good early for Chiefs


    0 Not allowed!
    By Darin Gantt
    With his one-game suspension for violating the league’s substance abuse policy, Dwayne Bowe has given the Chiefs reason and ability to ponder life without him. But Sunday night, he’s showing why they might want to forgive and forget. Bowe has caught four passes for 56 yards in the first quarter, showing no signs that his…
    Read more…

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,303
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 754

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    If he really wants to keep playing in the NFL...this would be the year for him to really pick it up.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,985
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118
    Given: 4

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Why was he playing with the starters? This was a great chance for his replacment to get reps for the first week. I didn't see any issues with his finger getting knocked out of place.

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Topeka< KS
    Posts
    2,401
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 224
    Given: 59

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Why was he playing with the starters?
    Um...could it be...because he is one of the starters?...
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    MatthewsChiefs can't stand MatthewsChiefs

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,985
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118
    Given: 4

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Um...could it be...because he is one of the starters?...
    How does him getting reps in a pre-season game against starters help us week one? We know what we have in Bowe! We don't know what we have in ????????

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Topeka< KS
    Posts
    2,401
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 224
    Given: 59

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    You can get away with not playing a great RB like JC in a pre-season game but WR need to work on route running and timing in a "real game" situation. Practicing against the same starting defense all the time becomes predictable. Bowe will be playing with the starters so he needs to work with them in pre-season games.

    there were plenty of reps for the backups in Sunday night's game.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    MatthewsChiefs can't stand MatthewsChiefs

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,985
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118
    Given: 4

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    You can get away with not playing a great RB like JC in a pre-season game but WR need to work on route running and timing in a "real game" situation. Practicing against the same starting defense all the time becomes predictable. Bowe will be playing with the starters so he needs to work with them in pre-season games.

    there were plenty of reps for the backups in Sunday night's game.
    But not as the #1 WR against the #1 defense. Do we even know who his replacment will be. We need to be using these games to see how the practice standouts do in this role against a real defense instead of going up against our secondary or other teams back ups.

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,303
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 754

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    But not as the #1 WR against the #1 defense. Do we even know who his replacment will be. We need to be using these games to see how the practice standouts do in this role against a real defense instead of going up against our secondary or other teams back ups.
    Agreed. Bowe's future with the team is questionable at best, think it would be wise to see what we've got on the bench and give them some reps.

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,985
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118
    Given: 4

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Agreed. Bowe's future with the team is questionable at best, think it would be wise to see what we've got on the bench and give them some reps.
    The person I had heard most capable of the start was Jr. Hemmingway who now has a hip pointer as he got hurt on special team on Sunday.

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,303
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 754

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Maybe we could kill two birds with one stone by making Avery and Bowe play cornerback instead of WR.

Similar Threads

  1. Webnews: Dwayne Bowe thinks everyone is out to get him
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-18-2014, 03:18 PM
  2. Webnews: Chiefs have no comment on Dwayne Bowe
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-12-2013, 12:11 PM
  3. Webnews: Dwayne Bowe, Jamaal Charles set to go for Chiefs
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-01-2013, 04:30 PM
  4. Webnews: Dwayne Bowe passes physical, joins Chiefs practice
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-28-2013, 11:05 AM
  5. Webnews: Chiefs put Dwayne Bowe on non-football injury list
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-27-2013, 03:29 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •