Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: OK now I'm officially worried about Fisher!

Default OK now I'm officially worried about Fisher!

I have been a fan and have supported him all along. Last week he didn't look good and I chalked it up to lack of camp practice. Tonight he looks like a highschool 2nd stringer trying to play in the NFL!!! ... It's painful to watch!

Somebody tell me why I should not be worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    If he continues playing the way he has. Like it or not, Andy will put the best player available in his spot and he will not finish the season at LT because Andy can not afford to let one player get his QB or Running backs killed regardless of his draft status.

So While he has not played Guard, He is reminds me a whole bunch like Robert Gallery and is currently following that same career path. I trust players who played in the NFL when they say, he lacks certain skills and those skills are not something you can develop. I am not that optomistic that he will turn it around becasue he was drafted #1. There are people really close to the Chiefs that are very skeptical of him and can openly share that because they no longer receive a pay check from the Chiefs instead of making excuses for him and their mistake of drafting him.
    In other words, you are wanting Fisher to fail. We get it.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    In other words, you are wanting Fisher to fail. We get it.
    No not at all. I want him to prove me wrong in the worste kind of way. Unfortunately, at this point he is exceeding my worries. I thought he would struggle. Just not as bad as he has been and I don't see any viable solution other than hoping he can get better. I can't sit back and say it will be alright until he Shows ME... I am from Missouri.

The more I hear people talk about him, the more concerned I get about him at LT. The good news is that we have a mobile smart QB, and our coach can scheme around this weakness with rolls and screens etc... buyt it just takes one bad play. Plus we appear to have a good TE core who could help Fisher and still be a factor in the receiving game.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    If he continues playing the way he has. Like it or not, Andy will put the best player available in his spot and he will not finish the season at LT because Andy can not afford to let one player get his QB or Running backs killed regardless of his draft status.

So While he has not played Guard, He is reminds me a whole bunch like Robert Gallery and is currently following that same career path. I trust players who played in the NFL when they say, he lacks certain skills and those skills are not something you can develop. I am not that optomistic that he will turn it around becasue he was drafted #1. There are people really close to the Chiefs that are very skeptical of him and can openly share that because they no longer receive a pay check from the Chiefs instead of making excuses for him and their mistake of drafting him.
    Then please post the names & quotes, or links. It's definitely relevant to the thread.

I'm more worried about our secondary than I am Fisher. Fisher still has the tools to make progress and get better. Our secondary is Eric Berry and future CFl all stars

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Then please post the names & quotes, or links. It's definitely relevant to the thread.
    I think he's talking about Tim Grunhard, but Grunhard never played LT. When he's able to provide quotes from a guy like Willie Roaf, who actually played the position, that Fisher has only had two pro starts at in his time in the NFL, then I'll accept it as credible.

I know they aren't coming from Andy Reid.

The teams OL is a busted, the defense sucks, we have no pass coverage, we have no pass rush, we have no qb, we have no hope! THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SEASON IS OVER, THERE IS NO HOPE EVER! Glad the season has not yet started, or I might become a negative person. Maybe I should not wait until games are played, and just give up. So much Negatived, breeds more! Stop IT! Get behind the team with POSITIVE THINKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why? Why is it there is so much down thinking on this site? This used to be a place of positive thinking towards OUR TEAM! THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!
    If you can not be positive thinking, get the blank out of here. If you would start thinking positive about the team, this would be a better place. Season is not even started. Let me ask you, are any of you a coach? Are any of you privy to the training and process of the Chiefs Staff? If not shut the F up! You know exactly crap! and nothing more! Season has not even started, but so negative is all I read in so many posts. It may very well be that we have a bad season, it may well be some players do not work out. But really, lets at least let it happen. Change your thought process, put positive thinking forward.
    Season has not even begun.

Well said TS!!!

Yeah....this season looks kinda scarey. Lots of vets gone in free agency. Tough schedule. But we should remember a few things.....Reid took a 2-14 team and made it into an 11-5 team with nothing new other than a castoff QB. And he did it while our top WR was having a lousy year. If the injury bug doesn't bite us too bad I think we can be in contention for a playoff spot right through week 17.

BRING ON THE DAMNED SEASON!!!!! I WANNA SEE SOME FOOTBALL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Former players every week on sport radio 810 whb including Tim Grunhardt, Mark Boerighter and others.
    Sports Radio 810 WHB

August 18 at 9:14am

Tim Grunhard breaking down Eric Fisher's struggles now on The Program. The 2 Minute Drill at Noon and Andy Reid at 1. Plus plenty of Royals talk.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I think he's talking about Tim Grunhard, but Grunhard never played LT. When he's able to provide quotes from a guy like Willie Roaf, who actually played the position, that Fisher has only had two pro starts at in his time in the NFL, then I'll accept it as credible.

I know they aren't coming from Andy Reid.
    That's the issue I've got with a lot of the criticism. Actually Tim Grunhard I'd listen to because at least the guy was O-line. It's when the fantasy football analysists/pro draft revues get involved is where I start questioning things.

I'm not worried about Fisher right now. I'm convinced he'll improve. If he was truly that horrible, Reid would've benched him by now in favor of Stephenson. It's not like Reid has to appease Dorsey, the way previous coaches did with King Carl or Pioli.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    The teams OL is a busted, the defense sucks, we have no pass coverage, we have no pass rush, we have no qb, we have no hope! THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SEASON IS OVER, THERE IS NO HOPE EVER! Glad the season has not yet started, or I might become a negative person. Maybe I should not wait until games are played, and just give up. So much Negatived, breeds more! Stop IT! Get behind the team with POSITIVE THINKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why? Why is it there is so much down thinking on this site? This used to be a place of positive thinking towards OUR TEAM! THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!
    If you can not be positive thinking, get the blank out of here. If you would start thinking positive about the team, this would be a better place. Season is not even started. Let me ask you, are any of you a coach? Are any of you privy to the training and process of the Chiefs Staff? If not shut the F up! You know exactly crap! and nothing more! Season has not even started, but so negative is all I read in so many posts. It may very well be that we have a bad season, it may well be some players do not work out. But really, lets at least let it happen. Change your thought process, put positive thinking forward.
    Season has not even begun.
    Spot on, TS. Yeah, the draft wasn't exactly stellar, but like I've said before, and I'll say it again...Somebody's going to step up and become a better player. There's too many opportunities right now for guys that got overlooked to make this roster.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast