Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: OK now I'm officially worried about Fisher!

Default OK now I'm officially worried about Fisher!

I have been a fan and have supported him all along. Last week he didn't look good and I chalked it up to lack of camp practice. Tonight he looks like a highschool 2nd stringer trying to play in the NFL!!! ... It's painful to watch!

Somebody tell me why I should not be worried.

Anyway, I have to run. Have a good evening fellas. Go Chiefs!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Flacco, Big Ben (2x), Rodgers, Eli (2x) in the last 10 years off the top of my head. More than 10 years but Brees and Manning as well. Next question.
    Next question obviously is how many didn't in that time span, which you've already been asked but are evading.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Next question obviously is how many didn't in that time span, which you've already been asked but are evading.
    No clue. You're more than welcome to do the research if you care that much. I don't, because it has no bearing on Geno or any other QB that gets drafted in the future.

Enjoy the game.

No clue. You're more than welcome to do the research if you care that much. I don't, because it has no bearing on Geno or any other QB that gets drafted in the future.

Enjoy the game.
    Excuse me, but why would you give a rats arse at this point in time about Geno, with a guy like Aaron Murray having been drafted, who had a better college career overall than Geno?

Terrible analogy. For one, 31 teams didn't need a QB. 23 teams passed on Rodgers. 32 teams passed on Russell Wilson (twice). 32 teams passed on Drew Brees.
    Those QBs where better than their evaluation as we now see. Geno was not, again as we now see. Teams do do their homework and while they are wrong in some cases they are right most of the time. With Geno, they were, OBVIOUSLY!

Are we REALLY back on the Geno thing? REALLY?

Look Geno might turn out to be a good NFL QB. And Fisher might turn out to be the total bust that he looks like he is right now. But that being said Geno Smith wasn't the right fit with the Chiefs. Lets go back in time and look at what this team has done since the days of Trent Green
    1. They asked there fan base to believe that Brodie Croyle was going to be a NFL QB
    2 After the Croyle flop they then asked us to believe that Matt Cassel wasn't a 1 year wonder in the Pats system

In 2012 the fan base was in a uproar. Not only did the Chiefs put the fans through hell with the way they played on the field there was the off the field heartbreak in December. It was the WORSE YEAR ever for the franchise they hit rock bottom. The last thing they could afford to do was say hey guys believe in this guy again. It just wasn't going to work for the large % of the fan base. So they went and found a guy who was playing at a high level and took a chance on a guy that they felt had very high potential. Right or wrong with the first pick Any of the QBs in that draft class the Chiefs just were not in a position to get the QB spot wrong. Geno just wasn't the right guy for THIS team in the situation that they found themselves in.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Actually, Fisher wasn't bad tonight. Not great, but wasn't a sieve by any stretch of the imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    Those QBs where better than their evaluation as we now see. Geno was not, again as we now see. Teams do do their homework and while they are wrong in some cases they are right most of the time. With Geno, they were, OBVIOUSLY!
    And what have we seen from Sam Bradford taken #1 overall by the Rams in 2010? The same thing we'd have seen from Geno if the Chiefs had taken him #1 overall.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 08-24-2014 at 12:35 AM.

Ok I came on this thread to see of anyone posted how fisher did tonight and all I see is geno smith crap again. Is mmh back now. Please stop with the flash backs. Geno smith aint going to happen. Hes not a chief. Please anyone know how he did? I didn t watch the game. I heard he was better then last week.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Ok I came on this thread to see of anyone posted how fisher did tonight and all I see is geno smith crap again. Is mmh back now. Please stop with the flash backs. Geno smith aint going to happen. Hes not a chief. Please anyone know how he did? I didn t watch the game. I heard he was better then last week.
    IMO Slightly better then a week ago but still a lot to be desired but that was the whole Line really.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Fisher didn't do too badly last night. As I said, not great and there's plenty of room for improvement, but wasn't terrible by any means.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast